MJ Only According to Scripture, What is in the Blood?

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟148,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[Staff Edited Quotes]

Shalom shalom, that is to say, perfect peace to you all,

Thank you all for your considered responses. I will answer you as a courtesy, but I will not entertain any debate; for you all either missed or misunderstood the thread label, "MJ ONLY".

My response to you all is this: You will never even understand the question until you have an intimate knowledge the Curse of Death spoken to Adam and Eve (Chavah) and to the Serpent in the Garden (Genesis 2) AND of the Eternal Covenant of Substitutionary Sacrifice, both illustrated and explained by the Father in the account of Cain and Able (Genesis 4).

May this be a blessing to you...

To all the MJs out there, is this too hard? This is a soft pitch and a teaching moment. Someone should have hit this one out of the park by now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: Yahudim
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
Leviticus 17:10-14
‘And any man from the house of Israel, or from the aliens who sojourn among them, who eats any blood, I will set My face against that person who eats blood and will cut him off from among his people. For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood by reason of the life that makes atonement.’

• Agree
Reactions: Yahudim
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟148,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I recently came to this understanding: YHWH's Table (Part 8A)

Am I in the right park?
Wow HARK! Great stuff but no exactly what I was looking for. I'll bookmark that thread for a complete read!

Just to add to the mystery...The life of every living thing is in the blood, and that is why the LORD has commanded that all blood be poured out on the altar to take away the people's sins.
Hi Vis!
You are VERY warm!

Leviticus 17:10-14
‘And any man from the house of Israel, or from the aliens who sojourn among them, who eats any blood, I will set My face against that person who eats blood and will cut him off from among his people. For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood by reason of the life that makes atonement.’
Still circling the bullseye, and very close.

So let me give you guys a little nudge in the right direction. As Visionary quoted, "...it is the blood by reason of the life that makes atonement."

The curse is death. The reason blood is needed is that life is in the blood. This is what makes it a substitutionary offering, transferring the penalty of death from the penitent to the offering. So what is missing? What is in the blood besides life?

• Friendly
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟148,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess I'll keep going with the hints. How about a death penalty?

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
Gen 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
Gen 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
Gen 3:10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
Gen 3:11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
Gen 3:12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. (<-Death penalty)
Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Gen 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
Gen 3:18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
Gen 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. (<-Death penalty)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟148,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok, next hint: Describe what was required of anyone bringing some types of offerings before the Altar of Sacrifice. Go through the requirements and the steps...

This should lead you right to it!

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟148,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Btw, there is a big payoff when you get it. It unlocks a particularly difficult portion of scripture that most people with a Christian background might miss because of the 'usual' reaction the events.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟148,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@visionary

Well done Vis, you did everything but state it outright. I don't want to get too technical here, so here is the answer in general terms. And while there are clear prophetic implications here, I am only speaking of the process.

When a person brings an ascending offering for a transgression requiring a blood sacrifice, he approaches the Altar of Sacrifice and confesses the transgression to the sacrificial offering. The veins of the neck are opened and the blood is caught in a bowl; then to be used to anoint the horns of the altar and carried into the sanctuary to be sprinkled before the veil where it will remain until Yom Kippur. Put another way, we confess our sins before the Lamb "...who takes away the sins of the world."

The sin of the offence is in the blood. It remains in the sanctuary until Yom Kippur when all the sins of Israel were passed to the 'scape goat' by the Cohen Gadol (High Priest) and it was carried away into the wilderness.

In light of this fact, how would you read the account of Luke where Y'shua is praying in the garden and 'sweats blood'?
39And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him. 40And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation. 41And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, 42Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. 43And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. 44And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground. 45And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow, 46And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.

Did you notice that it was after He accepted the will of the Father over His own, that His body sweats blood? Was that the moment that He 'became sin" for us?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟148,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You don't get it yet. But this is going somewhere. "Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation." Perhaps we should let it stew for a time. Gut Yontiff!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟148,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Take this a step further.... what is it about the blood that cries out?
Genesis 4:10
And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
Hi Vis,

This is a very interesting question, especially as it has to do with covenant blessings and curses. Cain possessed the birthright and was in line for the blessing. Those fell to Seth. And examples of those have land (and by association, the water) prominently displayed in scripture.

Genesis 4 is a worthy teaching in and of itself, if for no other reason than to examine the first account of a living sacrifice in scripture. The presence of sin or righteousness found in the blood is always a factor in how they are received by Adonai.

As for the blood of Abel crying out from the ground, I have a number of thoughts: The first is the grounds' (adamah's) relationship to Adam (he was formed from the ground, as were all animals except the 'winged' and the 'nephesh' [another story entirely]) and his relationship to it within the garden and without. It is most clearly outlined in the curse spoken by Adonai Elohim concerning the change in that relationship as they were forced to leave the garden and into the mouth of death (moot). Again, and in both cases, it has to do with communication (or lack thereof) with the ground. However, it is worthy of note that Adam is cut off from that relationship but Adonai is not! Sin is the reason.

The ground and the waters responds to sin (the abrogation of covenant responsibilities) or it's absence (representing the actual presence of Adonai or an example of His righteousness), example of this reaction are found in Luke 19:40, Psa 96:11, Psa 98:7-9, Psa 114:1-8; Isa 55:12; Hab 2:11; Mat 3:9, Mat 27:51-54; to name but a few.

Finally, let us not forget that the ground (and the waters), in one way or another, is a covenant partner in all covenants made with man; with Adam, Noah, Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Y'ahua and finally, the nations. They are therein, through a covenant relationship with Adonai, all provided with a path back to the garden in righteousness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0