A willingness to save as many as will believe

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟375,860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Did God goof?

Acts 17:26
From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.
Not at all. It is His sovereign choice to predestine His children to salvation. All are lost apart from His saving grace through faith in Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟375,860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I don't believe we are saved by baptism. I believe the Father brought me to Christ.

The Father brought me out of Mormonism.

John 6:37
All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.
Am I correct in thinking that there was a point in your life where God lifted the dark veil over your mind and you believed the gospel and were thus saved?

How did you escape Mormonism? I know that Mormonism is rapidly losing members, but many, if not most, who leave do not become true believers in Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟375,860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The only way to receive the Life of God is by belief/faith in Jesus, no belief in Jesus no Eternal Life for a person.

How does accountability factor into a person who has never heard about Jesus. Would there be something God has for these people, like God does for children, youth who have not reached the age of accountability.
The Rapture and the Age of Accountability – Grace Evangelical Society

Are you confident to say that no believers died in the flood, that the only people who died in the flood were unbelievers. Because there are examples in The Bible of God taking the physical lives of disobedient believers.

Not sure your take on the flood, but there was more to the flood than just sinful man. At the time of the flood was also an attempt by satan to keep The promised Messiah from coming into the world. By corrupting the seed of women, by which God promised to bring the Messiah to earth. The birthing of the nephilim was this attempt by satan.
One might say that all people are believers in some form of God. Why God showed grace to Noah and his family is expressed in the statement that he was righteous in God's eyes. Given the fact that everyone else died in the flood one must conclude that there were none righteous, not even one (cf. Psalms 14 and 53).

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟82,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Am I correct in thinking that there was a point in your life where God lifted the dark veil over your mind and you believed the gospel and were thus saved?

How did you escape Mormonism? I know that Mormonism is rapidly losing members, but many, if not most, who leave do not become true believers in Jesus Christ.
A lot of things led me to seriously question Mormonism and it seemed extremely critical of others (read Joseph Smith's first vision). God led me to read the Bible and I decided to pray to the "true God" and ask Him to teach me. I told Him I didn't know Who He is and wanted to know. I asked Him if Joseph Smith was really His prophet. The answers are in the Bible and God kept showing me His word. I have a feeling only certain Mormons are leaving and for various reasons. They don't all become Christians. I didn't leave because I was saved. I left because God was leading me. Mormonism wasn't rapidly losing members back then.

• Love
Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟375,860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
A lot of things led me to seriously question Mormonism and it seemed extremely critical of others (read Joseph Smith's first vision). God led me to read the Bible and I decided to pray to the "true God" and ask Him to teach me. I told Him I didn't know Who He is and wanted to know. I asked Him if Joseph Smith was really His prophet. The answers are in the Bible and God kept showing me His word. I have a feeling only certain Mormons are leaving and for various reasons. They don't all become Christians. I didn't leave because I was saved. I left because God was leading me. Mormonism wasn't rapidly losing members back then.
Thank you. I have found the podcast, Mormon Stories, to be quite interesting. Although I was never a Mormon I had many visits from Mormon missionaries. They also challenged me to pray about the truth of Mormonism and, like yourself, I could not reconcile it with the Bible, so I chose the Bible and have had no regrets.

Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

Ain't Zwinglian

Feb 23, 2020
Oregon
✟111,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not sure your take on the flood, but there was more to the flood than just sinful man. At the time of the flood was also an attempt by satan to keep The promised Messiah from coming into the world. By corrupting the seed of women, by which God promised to bring the Messiah to earth. The birthing of the nephilim was this attempt by satan.
Yes. Seems Satan was bring the world into a state of de-creation in order to stop the future Messiah.

The world was filled with violence. Animal to animal violence; animal to human violence; human to animal violence; person to person violence; person to persons violence, demonic to human violence and desecration and demonic to environmental damage.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes. Seems Satan was bring the world into a state of de-creation in order to stop the future Messiah.

The world was filled with violence. Animal to animal violence; animal to human violence; human to animal violence; person to person violence; person to persons violence, demonic to human violence and desecration and demonic to environmental damage.
-
If noticed the births between the daughters of men and the sins of God only produced males. So eventually there would not have been any female alive.

when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,626.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A Person believes because God through Christ saved them first.
That's not what the Bible says. People are not saved before they believe.

"Your sins are forgiven. Your faith has saved you. Go in peace." Luke 7:39-40

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟375,860.00
Faith
Non-Denom

In a real sense, salvation was finished on the cross when Jesus Christ said, "It is finished." Thus, He is the Alpha and Omega. Salvation, as an eternal reality, is complete and there is nothing needed to be done now or ever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟82,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

I view faith as a gift. You don't buy it or find it on the street. The GIFT of GOD is eternal life.

Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,626.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I view faith as a gift. You don't buy it or find it on the street. The GIFT of GOD is eternal life.
God gives faith to all men. Romans 10 says that God has put the word of faith in every man's heart but that some disobey it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟375,860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God gives faith to all men. Romans 10 says that God has put the word of faith in every man's heart but that some disobey it.
Do you believe that the hundreds of millions of people living on this earth at this moment who will never hear the name of Jesus Christ, much less anything else about Christianity, actually have God's word of faith in their hearts?

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟219,272.00
Faith
Non-Denom

But God exists outside of our 4 dimensional space time reality. This means that God can see the whole panorama of past, present and future choices, and is quite capable of planning a person's future based on his free will choices.
Interesting. For God to see choices though....there would have to be a time or a sequence of before the choice was made to the choice being made. A period of time then where God didn't know? So how do you explain this?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟842,699.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. For God to see choices though....there would have to be a time or a sequence of before the choice was made to the choice being made. A period of time then where God didn't know? So how do you explain this?
Although God knows what choices we are going to make, He doesn't determine what choice we should make, because that would mean that we are no longer responsible for the choices we do make. But once we have made a choice, then He can influence our direction on the basis of that choice, and if we make a choice that is not good for us, then He can compensate by bring good out of a bad choice.

If we try to use our own human logic to try and work out how God guides people, knowing what choices they are going to make, we are going to get all tangled up. If we decided to just believe the Scripture: "A man may plan his way but the Lord will guide his steps", then we can have confidence that no matter what we choose to do, God will guide us. It is when we look back over our lives that we see God's influence that we did not see at the time.

There are times when the Holy Spirit will prompt us to go in a certain direction, usually when a passage of Scripture might jump out of the page at us which influences a decision, and this opens up a whole new area of faith and adventure in Him. But most of the time is is just the normal routine of life with its highs and lows with the assurance that the Lord is with us. The Scripture says, "He knows the way that we take." I don't believe that God has a set plan for our lives, but when we walk in fellowship with Him day by day in the normal things we do, and when we decide to do things according to our gifting that advances His kingdom, then the day will come when we will stand before Him and be rewarded for our faithfulness to Him.

I am free to make my own choices in life, and yet know that He is there with me. He said in the Scripture: "Don't be like a horse or mule that has to be led by a bit and bridle". Many Christians want God to guide them in that way, and they get depressed and frustrated when God doesn't. He wants us to use our own brains and make our own life choices, and through experience and maturity through the good and bad decisions and mistakes we make in life, we learn to discern between good and evil and we progressively spend more time walking in the Spirit instead of bumbling around in the flesh.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟82,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That is how some people view it. Ephesians 2:1-10 and many verses say that sinners don't believe and obey until God quickens them.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@Jack Terrence

God gives faith to all men.

False statement, For Faith is for Gods Elect Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

And by it being a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22 thats like saying God regenerates or gives all men the Spirit,

And Paul stated not all men have Faith 2 Thess 3:2

2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

So all men havent been given faith

• Agree
Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0