Visit site
✟7,838.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am writing a script for a movie that I want to direct once i finish my Lib Art Degree.

Its coming-of-age story about a boy and his experience growing up in a world of domestic violence, child abuse (from mother), sexual identity, and suicidal tendencies.

This is based on real experience but will be marked as fiction.

I need help figuring out a title for the movie though.

Please help me come up with a catchy title.

Good Luck and Thanks.

Digitlghost

Jan 15, 2010
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Picking a title can be complicated. It can be more difficult without knowing the full story. Knowing the story and it's themes help in finding a title that portrays the aspects of the movie you want people to catch.

If you want to portray that the struggles of the main character are difficult and, despite the characters perceptions, everyone is not so different from him, you might choose a name like: Average Joe.

If you want to focus on the confusion of that time in life you may choose a name like: Chaos Theory or Mass Confusion. Come to think of it, Mass Confusion could be a neat title for a movie about a Catholic struggling with their religious identity :D.

If you want to point out the eventual triumph of the main character of their obstacles you could use a name like: Building (Main characters name)

Upvote 0

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
^That idea for Mass Confusion is friggen awesome haha

As for a title, it could go anywhere. For example, I'm a fan of irony, so I titled a script I'm working on Perfect Situation (also because I really dig the sick Weezer song of the same name haha), but as you read the story, you'll cleary see it's anything but what the title says.

How about: Captain Duck (and then it can be a story about how Charlie Conway's kids go on to lead a NEW generation of The Mighty Ducks, now THERE'S you're movie).

Upvote 0
L

Loveisalegacy

the title can be real simple like the character's first name, or even their favorite activity. There is a movie about this guy and his crazy family situation, its called swimming up stream. the main character is a swimmer.

titles are hard to choose, sometimes its good to wait until you have written the story out completely then pick a title.

You could even choose a random or precious thing the main character owes and use that as the title.

Upvote 0

FireRock

Call me a dreamer of the seemingly unattainable...
Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The OP is over a year old, and I'm curious what you came up with the title for your movie, Warren.

After reading the brief synopsis you gave and the replies, I liked the idea Loveisalegacy gave with choosing "a random or precious thing the main character owes and use that as the title." It seem to fit well with a story about someone who has very little in life.

I was thinking you could even give it a title based on the main concept of the movie. Looking through a thesaurus could help...if the main theme throughout the film is "freedom" or "forgiveness" or "hope" then you could look that would up in a thesaurus and find a word that might describe the theme or tone of your movie in some way.

Anyways, I'd be interested in hearing what you finally decided on, Warren. Hope your movie is going well!

Upvote 0

Warren Clark

Mar 21, 2009
Melbourne, Florida
Visit site
✟7,838.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
O wow. After a year, I just realized, my email is sending alot of my messages to the junk box. 0.o

ALot of great ideas. Amazing I still dont have a set title.
I do have some ideas.

"Promise Land"
or
"Molly" (Latin for Love Hurts)

Upvote 0

Gregory Eugene

Super Hero
Jan 16, 2011
Detroit
✟15,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For this deep of a story I think you need an unrelated title such as;

Movie about a rookie FBI agent who explores her own fears as she tries to catch a serial killer with the help of a evil genius cannibal. -Silence of the Lambs

Find a key detail to your story such as "The House with the Broken Swing"
The swing or whatever broken detail you choose could represent the child looking at his/her life seeing how they wish it was as opposed to how it's broken.

You could take to opposite rout and call it "Checkers under the Stairs"
This could be a place of solitude in a world of chaos.

Either way I wouldn't call it The forgotten Child, broken dreams, or When will I find home. Their is a reason Life Time Movie is a derogatory term!

Upvote 0