A Redeeming Love (a Christian romanic comedy)

KentuckyBoy87

Nov 21, 2006
Kentucky
✟8,210.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, this is my first try at a romanic comedy so here goes. Enjoy. :) :

(Scene- Bar. New Years Eve. Trey is at the bar, half drunk. His buddies, Edgar and Kyle walk up)

Kyle: How's it going?
Trey: Great.

He slams a shot glass on the table.

Trey: Another!
Barkeep: I think you've had enough. This your 6th shot in under a minute.
Trey: I'm not paying you to think!
Edgar (to Barkeep) : Dude, chill. It's New Years Eve. Let us celebrate and give all the beers we want.

The Barkeep sighs and walks off.

BarKeep: I hate college kids and holidays.

He brings back shot glasses for all the men, fills them with whiskey and walks away.

Kyle: So, you hitting anything yet?
Trey: No I just got here. Besides every girl in here looks like Rosie O'Donnell.

Edgar turn around just in time to see some blonde, good looking college girls walk in.

Edgar: Excuse me, boys. But this ship has found it's dock.
Trey: I'm going home.
Kyle: Why? We just got here?
Trey: And what were you gonna do? Dance with me? I have things to do.
Kyle: Like what?
Trey: Homework.
Kyle: Homework? You can't be serious.

He sees the serious look on Trey's face.

Kyle: You ARE serious.
Trey: Listen. I'm not doing too well in math and coach says if I don't pass, I'll he'll kick me off the team.
Kyle: Well go study. You're the best us Kentucky Wildcats have got.

Trey pays for his drinks and walks away, not looking back. Edgar walks up.

Edgar: Where's he going?
Kyle: Study his math. Seriously. He hasn't been the same since Melinda had that accident.
Edgar: I know. Anyways, I just hooked us up with two hot girls. One for me, one for you. Lets go!

(Dark road. Rachel is driving home from church. A deer jumps out infront of her and she swerves to miss it, but she sees another car heading at her. She gets so afriad, she runs off the road and hits a tree. The other car, Trey's car, looses control and slams into another tree)

The next day...

(Rachel opens her eyes, lifts her head off the steering wheel and looks around. Blood is trickling down her face in a stream. She gets out of the car, looks around and sees another car. She marches over to it. Trey is inside, still knocked out. She knocks on the broken window glass)

Rachel: Excuse me. (knock knock) Excuse me, sir?

Trey opens his eyes and lifts his head off the steering wheel. He see Rachel standing beside his car so he opens his car door and gets out.

Trey: This is exactly why women shouldn't be able to drive. They cause accidents/
Rachel: Excuse me, but this wasn't my fault. A deer jumped out infront of me.
Trey: Yea, right. Next thing you're going to tell me is Santa Clause riding it.
Rachel: Who do think you are?
Trey: Oh, sorry. I'm Trey. Trey Horn.

He extends his hand but a bag of pot drops out of his pocket. Rachel picks it up before Trey can.

Rachel: If this accident was anybody's fault it's yours. Pot? Something tells me you've been drinking, too.
Trey: Womens intuition?
Rachel: That and I can smell you breath. I have a right mind to go to the police.
Trey: You just try. Just so you know, your prints are on it, too.

Rachel looks at the bag and notices she's holding it. She drops it quickly.

Trey: Thank you.

He picks it up and puts it back up.

Trey: Well, I best be going. Nice meeting you.... um... you didn't tell me your name.
Rachel: I don't give my name to strangers. Anyway, I wish I could say the same thing about the 'nice meeting you' part.

She walks away.

Trey: Somebody needs a nap.

He gets in the car and tries to start it. It won't turn over.

Trey: You have got to be kidding me.

He tries again. Still nothing.

Trey: Piece of crap!

Trey bangs on the streering wheel and gets out. He hears a cars engine turn over. It's Rachels. He runs the the road waving his arms. Rachel stops infront of him.

Trey: My car won't start. Can I hitch a ride with you?
Rachel: I would, but my luck, you're probably wanted for something.
Trey: Come on. Please. I have to get to school.
Rachel: Fine. Hop in.
Trey: Thanks so much.

He hope opens the door, sets inside and shuts it.

Rachel: Where's your school?
Trey: University of Kentucky.
Rachel: Really? I go there?

They drive off.

Trey: So, why weren't you there?
Rachel: Beg pardon?
Trey: You said you went to UK. Almost all of the kids were atthe bar. Why weren't you there?
Rachel: I don't believe in drinking to have a good time.
Trey: You must be in that upity Mr. Glass's Bible class. What a snot, like all Christians are.
Rachel: Excuse me.
Trey: Christians are upity. Don't won't have fun.
Rachel: Excuse me, but I'm a Christian.
Trey: I rest my case.
Rachel: You know what? You can walk to school!

She stops the car.

Trey: What?
Rachel: Did the pot make you deaf? I said get out. You can walk to school.

Trey opens the door, gets out, and shuts it. Rachel speeds away.

Trey: What did I say?

Rachel: What a pig!
Want more?

KentuckyBoy87

Nov 21, 2006
Kentucky
✟8,210.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know how anybody likes this and if nobody replies, to me that says, nobody likes it. But I keep getting ideas for this so I'll continue. Enjoy. :)
At the University of Kentucky cafeteria, Rachel is sitting with her Christian friends eating when Trey, Kyle and Edger walk by. The men don't notice the girls and just keep walking, talking and laughing. They set a few tables away from the girls.

Rachel: Trey is such a jerk.
Sarah: Rach, we know. You told everybody in Bible study this morning what he did. Just let it go. God would want you to.
Rachel: Really? And would God want me to just ignore a guy who called Christians uppity people who have no fun?
Elizabeth: Yes. He would want you to ignore him. God is a big boy. Let Him take care of Trey and his goons.
Rachel: It just makes me sick! He's got everything. He's star of the football team, has all the women, his parents are loaded with money. Yet, he did nothing to deserve any of it.
Elizabeth: I think somebody's got a crush.
Rachel: Me? Crushing on Trey? Are you kidding? Yea, he''s good looking, but looks aren't everything. I want a good Christian man, no matter how he looks. He could look like Steve Urkel and I'd take him. As long as he's got faith.
Sarah: Remember the book 'Redeeming Love' by Francine Rivers? God tells a Christian to marry a prostitute, based on the book of Hosea? Maybe your the female Hosea.
Rachel: You guys can think what you want all day long. I'm not dating Trey Horn.

She gathers things on her tray, and gets up, not knowing Trey Horn was walking to the trash can as well and they bump into each other. They spill there trays to the floor, and are left covered with food. The room goes silent, all eyes on them.

Rachel: Another accident caused by you. Or are you going to say the devil made you do it?
Trey: Listen, Miss Bible, you should have watched where you were going!
Rachel: How? I don't have eyes in the back of my head, Mr....Mr... Rude Person!

Later, they are sitting in the principals office. No one is in the room except them. They are still covered in food.

Trey: He's just trying to make us nervous. That's why he's taking so long.
Rachel (sarcastically) : Done this before, have you?
Trey: What is your problem? I haven't done anything to you and you jump down my throat at any given moment.
Rachel: Hum. Is it the because you were the cause of both us running off the road this morning? Or that you insulted something I love truly and care about? I'm going with the latter.
Trey: Ok. I admit I was outline calling you people uppity.
Rachel: You people?
Trey: Fine! I'm sorry for calling you Christians uppity this morning. That was way out of line. Forgive me?
Rachel: Sure. And I admit I was a pain in the butt.

They shake hands just as Mr. Graves, the principal walks in.

Graves: I see you two worked out your differences.

He sits at his desk, facing them.

Graves: But, that doesn't let you off the hook. My punishment for you is both of you both have to wash the dishes in the cafeteria for two weeks after school starting today.
Trey: But, Mr. Graves, I have football practice after school.
Graves: I've seen the team play and trust me: They'll get along fine with you. I talked to your coach and altho he was upset, he agreed.
Rachel: What about my pro-life club? We meet tomorrow after school.
Graves: Rachel, I know your the captain of that club and I'm sure they'll get along fine with you as well. Your vice president, Brandon, will be taking over for you. Any more questions?

Trey and Rachel are silent.

Graves: Great. I'll see you both after school in the cafeteria. And, Trey. Don't try to run off again. You are dismissed.

They leave the room. As they are walking down the hall, Rachel asks...)

Rachel: What did Mr. Graves mean by 'don't try to run off again.'
Trey: I don't want to talk about it. I'll see you after school, Rach.

He turns and walks down a different hallway. Rachel watches him, shrugs and continues to walk forward.
More?

Upvote 0