Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So I dont know if anyone else saw this on Dr. Phil, but he had a segment about this 24 year old guy who believed (and acted as if) he was an 18 month old baby. No lie. He has a girlfriend who is worried about -drumroll-....if he would be able to tone it down enough to get married. Yes, she was just fine marrying him, but she wants him to grow up "a little" where this is not an every day occurance. So when they have kids he wont get jealous!

She has to:

Change his diapers
Feed him
Strap him into high chairs
Baby talk him
Give him his blankie

And everything else you do for a baby.

I dont know about the rest of you, but once he said in conversation that he liked to dress as a baby I'd run before he got to the end of his sentence. I wouldnt even have to see it to believe it!

What would you girls do? Run for the hills? Try it out and see how bad it is first before letting him go? What if he was a sweetheart and you (Like the guy on the show) guys had conversations like normal couples it was just while he was dressed with a bonnet and rattle to match? :p

Guys you can turn this around and let me know what you would do in this situation as well.

This should be interesting. :p Discuss!

Edited to add: For anyone interested, heres the link: http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1769

Last edited:

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Paraphilic infantilism. It is a fetish. My friend in high school actually unknowingly went on a few dates with someone with this fetish (and as soon as she was told about it she did indeed run for the hills). I met the guy, too - we had all gone to the fair together. He appeared to be fairly normal, was nice, fun, etc - it blew my mind when she told me what he had told her. Also interesting to note: he was very much Christian and intended to be a pastor one day.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Paraphilic infantilism. It is a fetish. My friend in high school actually unknowingly went on a few dates with someone with this fetish (and as soon as she was told about it she did indeed run for the hills). I met the guy, too - we had all gone to the fair together. He appeared to be fairly normal, was nice, fun, etc - it blew my mind when she told me what he had told her. Also interesting to note: he was very much Christian and intended to be a pastor one day.
Yeah they were talking about how it was a fetish.

And when you really think about it - what he is doing isn't necessarily sinful. He's just acting like a baby. lol

Unless you would consider being someone you arent (a baby), to be sinful. Or do things sinful and say "im a baby" to justify it.

Upvote 0

cimbk

Jan 14, 2012
✟556.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
yes the daughters of the harlot need good pastors to lead them

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yeah they were talking about how it was a fetish.

And when you really think about it - what he is doing isn't necessarily sinful. He's just acting like a baby. lol

Unless you would consider being someone you arent (a baby), to be sinful. Or do things sinful and say "im a baby" to justify it.

I disagree that he is "just" acting like a baby. It seems to me that it is a sexual thing and he's since he is not married, that's not good. (The same could possibly be said of the guy my friend dated, although he was kind of telling her as a disclaimer if I remember correctly and not to get her to participate or anything. I think it was good of him to at least tell her and not lead her on thinking he was a normal guy only for her to find out he had a huge dealbreaker fetish much later on.)

Upvote 0
Jan 10, 2012
✟15,258.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
As I sit here, I think of all the things one must do a change a baby's diaper. Doing that to grown adult, without a disability of course, cannot be right or good. There is definitely a shaming act going on here, and I do believe the person with the fetish is garnering sexual satisfaction from it. I would never date someone like this, or marry them. If they had the fetish and wanted help in getting past it, if they sought the Lord for assistance in healing, then perhaps, but I would not share my life with someone who did this all the time.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I disagree that he is "just" acting like a baby. It seems to me that it is a sexual thing and he's since he is not married, that's not good. (The same could possibly be said of the guy my friend dated, although he was kind of telling her as a disclaimer if I remember correctly and not to get her to participate or anything. I think it was good of him to at least tell her and not lead her on thinking he was a normal guy only for her to find out he had a huge dealbreaker fetish much later on.)
Well he isn't a baby, so I'm not sure what else to call it besides actng like one. Because if you aren't something, you're acting like it.

Or maybe Im using the wrong choice of words.

I've just never come in contact with this way of life, or have had to deal with this kind of dealbreaker or situation, so honestly Im at a loss. lol

I wonder if it's a need of support and coddling?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mrs. Luther073082

Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Sooo... tonight my husband and I had a rather amusing conversation about this thread... which somehow led the statement, "you know, somewhere out there, someone has a fetish about dressing up as a unicorn". And then of course we had to know if this was true, which lead to our discovery of this guy, who we have named "Hornie the Unicorn":

images

I hope I don't get in trouble for posting that but I have been giggling for like 10 minutes now and I NEED to share and disturb you all :ebil:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.