Visit site
✟178,038.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do you even cheat at university? It was pretty much impossible at my university: we were seated in a big auditorium, 2 empty seats between the students, no bags/jackets allowed to be nearby, no devices allowed at your place except a pen and - depending on the subject - an un-programmable calculator.
Two professors were patroling the room to make sure everyone obeyed the rules the entire time.

Either way though, as Christians we are not in need of cheating :) You can trust God more than your cheats. God helped me at university countless times, and even when I overslept my alarm clock before an exam (because I tend to not fall asleep for half the night when I have an exam the next morning) God woke me up 5 minutes before the exam started - enough time to jump out of bed, throw on some clothes and speed to the auditorium. I never failed even one of those exams, glory to God!

Do share with me if you are from a mega church or not. Do share with me whether you are a Christian. Please share what is your Christian denomination too!
I don't belong to any church, but I'm a devout Christian for multiple years. I'm a Protestant (without specific denomination), creationist and fundamentalist.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟245,990.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Do you know why you are cheating? Some possible reasons, by no means a complete list
  • Family pressure to succeed
  • Excitement at not being caught doing it
  • Fear that you don't know enough to pass exams without cheating
  • Peer pressure to do well
  • Leaving things to the last minute, so without cheating you think you will fail
  • Etc.
If you can identify why you cheat, then you are half way to solving the problem. For example, if it is family pressure, discuss with your family how their expectations are causing you anxiety. If it's leaving things to the last minute look into techniques of work planning and time management. And so on.

I'm not a Christian, just someone who senses your pain and hope to have offered some help. I wish you well in your struggle. Talking about it like this is your first step to overcoming it.

Upvote 0

Fr. Appletree

Priest of The Society of St. Pius V
Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Your conscience is telling you you've done wrong. If you ignore it, you will become desensitized to the movement of your conscience, diminishing your ability to know right from wrong.

You need someone real in your life, not online, to hold you accountable.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,257,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I cheat in my university. I cheat in school. There are areas in my university that I do not cheat too. I am feeling guilty. I tell myself no condemnation but I tend to feel condemned. A voice inside me just says move on. What should Christians who cheat in school do? What should Christians who cheat in university do?

Do share with me if you are from a mega church or not. Do share with me whether you are a Christian. Please share what is your Christian denomination too! Grateful!
Turn yourself in and face the music. It’s the only proper thing to do. Even if you flunk the course. Even if you are expelled. That is probably the only thing you can do consonant with the university’s code of ethics, presuming they have one.

I am Catholic and not a member of a mega-church although my parish has multiple hundreds of members.

• Agree
Reactions: Fr. Appletree
Upvote 0

Fr. Appletree

Priest of The Society of St. Pius V
Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, it would be good to go to the professor(s) of the class(es) you have cheated in, explain yourself and your remorse and ask for mercy. When you come in repentance there is reason for mercy to be given, rather than if you got caught. But remember mercy might not be given. Maybe you could be allowed to redo certain assignments or exams instead of having to retake the whole class.

Go to the professor, because he is the one who you have sinned directly and firstly against.

Upvote 0