Jul 18, 2012
United States
✟7,853.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I am 5wks pregnant and my boyfriend doesnt want me to keep the baby but i do...Im really strugling with feeling alone in all this...Im only 18 and im so scared i do love this baby but Im not really sure what to expect I guess...I would love to hear any advice or anything from anyone please thank you...I could use any help you are willing to offer :)

madyjae

Jun 15, 2012
✟7,686.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was 17 when I got pregnant with my first.. she is 14 years old now and a wonderful, beautiful girl! I love her so much and am glad to know her... It can be scary when you're that young and don't have the support of someone you love. Do your parents know? would they be supportive? I learned more and more as each pregnancy went on that it should be a beautiful, miraculous event! Some women just know this immediately, but I had never been around pregnancies or babies too often growing up. It was all so new to me. I have 6 kids now, and each pregnancy just got better and better. What sort of things do you want to know about? Of course your body is changing and you'll experience many different things. A good book for the basics is "what to expect when you're expecting" It just has so much good stuff in there and it breaks it down very well!

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2012
United States
✟7,853.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No my parents dont know but I honstly dont know if they would care...They dont really talk to me much....I would like to know like is being a mom hard...What are the good things and the bad things to expect when pregnant? Does Labor hurt? Idk anything you could tell me would be useful...I cant really ask my mom and my boyfriend wont let me go to the doctor unless im going to get an abortion...

Upvote 0

SiyoNqoba

Jul 14, 2007
New Zealand
✟15,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That doesn't sound like a good situation at all. Is there someone in your real life you can talk to, who may be able to help you get out if you need/want to? A pastor, or even an older woman at church?

I'm 9 weeks pregnant, and I'd be happy for you to PM me if you'd like someone to talk to about all the stuff that comes with pregnancy. But I'm really worried about the situation with your boyfriend. Something just doesn't sit right in my heart about it.

Upvote 0

SiyoNqoba

Jul 14, 2007
New Zealand
✟15,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Extremely normal.

At the moment, pretty much all your little baby needs you to do is send down a whole lot of your blood, so it's no wonder you're tired. It may get worse for a few weeks, but soon your body will start to create enough blood for both you and baby, and then you'll start to feel better.

Upvote 0

Cre8iveMom

Jan 3, 2012
✟15,155.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No my parents dont know but I honstly dont know if they would care...They dont really talk to me much....I would like to know like is being a mom hard...What are the good things and the bad things to expect when pregnant? Does Labor hurt? Idk anything you could tell me would be useful...I cant really ask my mom and my boyfriend wont let me go to the doctor unless im going to get an abortion...

I have 3 kids, and couldn't imagine my life without them! Children are such a gift from God! Being a mom is the hardest (and most rewarding) job there is. Babies require most of your time and attention. My favorite part of being pregnant was feeling the baby moving. It all becomes so real when you can feel that little person that God created inside you! The not so great parts are the morning sickness, and towards the end of pregnancy when the baby gets bigger and not much space to move around, it tends to be uncomfortable when they move and stretch and turn.
I'm not going to lie to you, labor hurts, it's intense! Childbirthing classes like Lamaze can help with relaxation during it. I went though it 3 times with no pain meds. Thankfully if that is not your cup of tea, you can always get an epidural!
Have you talked to your boyfriend about adoption? I would encourage you to look into it instead of ending the babies life. If you don't think you are ready to be a single parent (It sounds like your bf would not be there for you) and you have no one to be there to help you it might be the best option. You could give this child a good home with parents that love and care for him.
Your decision is not an easy one, I hope that you have some good Christian friends or ladies at your church that can be there for you. I will pray for you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟23,379.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
As someone who has struggled with infertility for several years, I can tell you that what you have is a gift and one not to be taken lightly. Keeping it should be obvious. At the very end of this, it's not about your boyfriend. It's not even about you. You have a life inside of you that needs to be protected at all cost. You need to do what you have to do to make sure the life continues. If you aren't ready to be a mother, and if your boyfriend doesn't want you to keep it, then there is always adoption. In fact, you can get medical and financial support from adoptive families through your pregnancy. If you don't care what he thinks (or your family), then there are Christian programs that help women in your situation (crisis pregnancy centers). They can help with prenatal care, as well as supplies for the baby after you deliver.

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2012
✟15,398.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Yes, it's normal to be sleepy. Get a pregnancy book. It'll explain everything.

I know you are young. We've been trying for almost a year. In my darkest moments, I sometimes wish I was "young and stupid" like you. Most women want kids "some day", but it gets harder the older you get. Your child is a gift, and your boyfriend is being an idiot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PBen004

Apr 8, 2013
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's really great that you are still wanting and willing to give your baby life, despite your circumstances. I had an abortion before I knew Jesus when I was 19 and its my greatest regret. I am now 24 and 8.5 weeks pregnant and I'm so thankful that God has given me another chance at being a mother. It truly is a blessing. Don't let this chance slip by, embrace it and trust God's mercy!

Upvote 0