• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

4:39am excruciating pain can't sleep

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Up sitting in an arm chair gave up on sleeping counting down the minutes to see the dentist.

I had two filling done on one side of my mouth where I was previously having terrible jaw pain. Well the x-rays check out normal and I had two different dentists look at it. The only thing is I'm still in excruciating pain!!! It's been 6 months since the fillings and I've taken 6 Tylenol325mg and 3 ibuprofen 200mg in the last 24 hours. I've tried orajel, I've tried heating pad on it. The pain is so bad I am pacing around screaming. It goes back to back with my car accident pain. And it's at 30min to one hour intervals it throbs. I have very high pain tolerance so this is very bad. So discouraged. And worried about damage being done to my body for all the pain meds I've taken. Starting to wonder if said dental pain is the cause of the mysterious odor problem I've been dealing with for 5 years.

I wish I could sleep.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟326,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Tooth pain is awful to deal with, I pray they get to the bottom of it today. Wondering if maybe you needed a root canal done on one of those two teeth. I had a bad tooth extracted because the root canal was to be expensive and they also thought the repair to follow it may not save the tooth. Before that extraction I would have sworn it was the next tooth to it giving me the pain but the pain was gone once the tooth was gone.

Now I have sciatica. Like you, long term pain meds bothered me. I was getting dizzy and my BP increased so I knocked off the internal pain meds and have gone with an herbal cream that takes the sciatic pain away as well as extra strength tylenol was. But before the sciatica kicked in I had a cyst that abscessed on my [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], so between all these things I had been on otc pain meds for months. They finally got the best of me when the BP went nuts..

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Up sitting in an arm chair gave up on sleeping counting down the minutes to see the dentist.

I had two filling done on one side of my mouth where I was previously having terrible jaw pain. Well the x-rays check out normal and I had two different dentists look at it. The only thing is I'm still in excruciating pain!!! It's been 6 months since the fillings and I've taken 6 Tylenol325mg and 3 ibuprofen 200mg in the last 24 hours. I've tried orajel, I've tried heating pad on it. The pain is so bad I am pacing around screaming. It goes back to back with my car accident pain. And it's at 30min to one hour intervals it throbs. I have very high pain tolerance so this is very bad. So discouraged. And worried about damage being done to my body for all the pain meds I've taken. Starting to wonder if said dental pain is the cause of the mysterious odor problem I've been dealing with for 5 years.

I wish I could sleep.

It sounds like a bone infection. Get more pictures and see more doctors.
I didn't get the correct diagnosis till doctor #5 and it took him seconds
of observation to see I had shingles.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It sounds like a bone infection. Get more pictures and see more doctors.
I didn't get the correct diagnosis till doctor #5 and it took him seconds
of observation to see I had shingles.

Bone infection or gum infection makes the most sense at this point. Swishing oil with easentiae oils seems to be kind of helpful the gum around the tooth seems to hurt worse than the tooth itself.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bone infection or gum infection makes the most sense at this point. Swishing oil with easentiae oils seems to be kind of helpful the gum around the tooth seems to hurt worse than the tooth itself.

Eugene oil (Eugenol) hurts and stinks like cloves.
But it will
numb gum pain like novacane.

A friend of mine passed out at a stoplight from jaw infection pain
on the way to the dentist.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

I wish I could sleep.
Could the car accident be the cause of the pain - pinched nerves in your neck?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sitting in the dentist chair crying in pain they had me wait a long time and haven't done anything about the pain just took x-rays referral to endodontist . At this point I'll have to drive myself to ER cause I can't do the pain

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,624,142.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Sitting in the dentist chair crying in pain they had me wait a long time and haven't done anything about the pain just took x-rays referral to endodontist . At this point I'll have to drive myself to ER cause I can't do the pain
I pray for relief for you and healing. Dear Father I give you this problem and ask for you to solve it and give your peace in Jesus name

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I feel like nobody cares! Dentist let me sit for 2 hours in a chair in agony. Gave me 10 tablets with Tylenol with codeine only after I asked them for something. They took x-rays and said they have to refer me to an endodontist which isn't open until Monday.

I took 2 of the Tylenol with codiene pills and two ibuprofen and I am still screaming and crying. It hurts so bad and I hate my life so much no one cares about me or my pain.

I'm just gonna sit here and cry and scream for 3 hours while my bf is at work I can't do anything about it. My whole life has been terrible absolutely terrible. I am just waiting for it to end cause I can't take anymore.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well I solved the mystery. It's an abcess in my cheek. Found it while swishing hydrogen peroxide. Can't believe the dentist didn't catch this. I took 3 pictures for my records and going to see my Dr asap.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Well I solved the mystery. It's an abcess in my cheek. Found it while swishing hydrogen peroxide. Can't believe the dentist didn't catch this. I took 3 pictures for my records and going to see my Dr asap.
I'm glad you solved the mystery. Are there any other dentists in town?

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm glad you solved the mystery. Are there any other dentists in town?

I have to wait until tomorrow to go back to the same one : ( I would go to urgent care or my Dr for antibiotics but it's way way too expensive. They want $145 and my Dr is charging me 161 dollar bill on top of the upfront fee they charged the insurance for 62.80.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah because I live in the U.S. worst country for healthcare I really might die before getting any help.

I'm off to urgent care. Went to my dentist they won't touch me. Won't give me antibiotics nothing. They said they don't know what it is and referred me to an oral pathologist that's not available for a whole month. I told them depending on what this is I might be dead by then!

I'm going to talk to urgent care and ER and see what I can do. I'm so frustefrus don't have insurance cause I switched jobs to go back to school to get my medical lab certification.

Ugh!!

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟218,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yeah because I live in the U.S. worst country for healthcare I really might die before getting any help.

I'm off to urgent care. Went to my dentist they won't touch me. Won't give me antibiotics nothing. They said they don't know what it is and referred me to an oral pathologist that's not available for a whole month. I told them depending on what this is I might be dead by then!

I'm going to talk to urgent care and ER and see what I can do. I'm so frustefrus don't have insurance cause I switched jobs to go back to school to get my medical lab certification.

Ugh!!
Dentist seem to be about the lowest trained medical people on the planet. Easy way to make almost a doctor's wage with not many years of school. Dental surgeons however more trained and more knowledgeable. Well at this stage...whatever it takes maybe the oral pathologist your best option. Sure your income might be a factor but I'd phone up whatever city whatever state to get an appointment and debt of it be damned. I guess one has to do sometimes what they have to do. Wishing you all the best.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah that's what it is at this point. I also hope I didn't mess up my liver cause all the pain pills they gave me to take. This is really a nightmare.

I'm so angry. Angry at my family too and I might just stop talking to them completely. When I told her my mom said well too bad you burned your Bridges with everyone. We may still help you but you'll have to humble yourself.

And then my bfs evil boss made him come in on his day off for a meeting that was scheduled literally 2 hours in advance. The man texts h and all the employees literally everyday threatening their job if they don't come in even on off days.

It's just I'm so over the way everything happens. This is why I'm depressed all the time.

Upvote 0