2 Corinthians 4:6

Juelrei

May 13, 2015
✟15,557.00
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]"For God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, has shone in our hearts.."

Luke 24:32, "..were not our hearts burning within us?.."

Proverbs 20:27, "The spirit of man is the lamp of the Lord."

other versions update the word 'lamp' to candle, flashlight, etc. But I think it should remain 'lamp' because that kind used oil, and oil refers to anointing. That vital association is lost when the word is modernized.

1 John 2:20, "You have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things."

2 Corinthians 4:6, "..to give illumination of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

Psalm 22:24, "
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]For he has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither has he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard."

Psalm 27:8, "
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]When you said, Seek my face; my heart said unto you, Your face, LORD, will I seek."

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Psalm 31:17, "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Make your face to shine upon your servant: save me for your mercies' sake."
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Psalm 67:1, "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us."

Psalm 80:7, "O God of hosts, restore us, and cause Your face to shine upon us, and we will be saved."

Psalm 119:135, "
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Make your face to shine upon your servant; and teach me your statutes."

Ps 89:15, "How blessed are the people who know the joyful sound O Lord, they walk in the light.."

Isaiah 2:5, "To walk in the light of the Lord."

1 John 1:7, "To walk in the light as he is in the light."

Ps 89:15, "..of your countenance."

.. the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Proverbs 16:15, "In the light of the king's countenance is life; and his favor is as a cloud of the latter rain."

[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Juelrei

May 13, 2015
✟15,557.00
Restore, take back, cause to turn back, convert, bring back, make new again.

Hebrew word is 'shuv'.

Psalm 23:3, "He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."

Psalm 51:12, "Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit."

Dictionary: restore - bring back to former original condition. To re-establish. To reinstate.

Upvote 0

barryrob

Mar 20, 2008
✟8,616.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Married
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]"For God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, has shone in our hearts.."

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Luke 24:32, "..were not our hearts burning within us?.."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Proverbs 20:27, "The spirit of man is the lamp of the Lord."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]other versions update the word 'lamp' to candle, flashlight, etc. But I think it should remain 'lamp' because that kind used oil, and oil refers to anointing. That vital association is lost when the word is modernized.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]1 John 2:20, "You have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]2 Corinthians 4:6, "..to give illumination of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Psalm 22:24, "[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]For he has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither has he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard."

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Psalm 27:8, "[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]When you said, Seek my face; my heart said unto you, Your face, LORD, will I seek."

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Psalm 31:17, "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Make your face to shine upon your servant: save me for your mercies' sake."
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Psalm 67:1, "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us."

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Psalm 80:7, "O God of hosts, restore us, and cause Your face to shine upon us, and we will be saved."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Psalm 119:135, "[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Make your face to shine upon your servant; and teach me your statutes."

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Ps 89:15, "How blessed are the people who know the joyful sound O Lord, they walk in the light.." [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Isaiah 2:5, "To walk in the light of the Lord."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]1 John 1:7, "To walk in the light as he is in the light."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Ps 89:15, "..of your countenance."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva].. the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Proverbs 16:15, "In the light of the king's countenance is life; and his favor is as a cloud of the latter rain." [/FONT]

[/FONT]

To small to read!

Upvote 0