Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
You know, this used to be on my prayer list as a kid. ten-forty window and I had NO clue what it meant and I still don't but I remember it was closely associated with 'Rachel's Tears'. I guess I shoulda learned to understand what I was told to pray for, lol. But now that I'm hearing it come up again, what does it mean?

Upvote 0

chelsea89

Sep 20, 2011
United States
✟15,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 10/40 Window is the rectangular area of North Africa, the Middle East and Asia approximately between 10 degrees north and 40 degrees north latitude. The 10/40 Window is often called "The Resistant Belt" and includes the majority of the world's Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists. The original 10/40 Window included only countries with at least 50% of their land mass within 10 and 40 degrees north latitude. The revised 10/40 Window includes several additional countries, such as Indonesia, that are close to 10 or 40 degrees north latitude and have high concentrations of unreached peoples. See the original and revised country lists to the right. An estimated 4.54 billion individuals residing in approximately 8,687 distinct people groups are in the revised 10/40 Window. The 10/40 Window is home to some of the largest unreached people groups in the world such as the Shaikh, Yadava, Turks, Moroccan Arabs, Pushtun,

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟904,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
yes I took a course last semester that was intro to global missions. We not only leaned about it, but were also required in teams of three to plan a "mission trip" to a 10/40 window nation. My group chose Egypt.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

oddchild

Sep 23, 2003
middle east
Visit site
✟377.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Big tip for ya... Don't go to Israel first... You will make it a lot harder to go to anywhere else in the Middle East. Once you get an Israeli stamp your passport becomes useless for the vast majority of Arab countries, as they will not let you in.

Even if you do not get a stamp, you will get asked on applications if you have ever been there. Saying yes, will then terminate any chance of getting a visa.

Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟557,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This thread is..from 2012.
- It is still relevant..today.
---
Many countries in 10/40 window are 'restricted'..
- meaning...it is difficult to operate/use 'traditional mission/missionary' mode.
----
Working with 'Christian mission leaders in 10/40 window countries'.. has been a new paradigm.
- For many years..
---
Wikipedia has an article..about 10/40 window.

Last edited:
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟119,402.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There are several missionaries at one church I frequent that are in Iran right now, their identity and exact location is a secret. Also one woman at my other church is about to leave as a missionary in the Middle East, I am not sure what the exact country is. I have received some information from God that may help you, I will post it below:

An idea came to me that would help believers in countries closed to the gospel (Iran, China, North Korea, others) evade government monitoring of phone calls! It is a cell phone app called Red Phone! Red Phone can be installed on any cell phone and it will encrypt cell phone calls to a degree that they are unbreakable. This could be installed on all of the cell phones of members of an underground church and they could be used to safely coordinate activities and also for prayer and fellowship without fear that the government is listening in to bust their operation! This also works for internet access on cell phones and could be used to safely access websites and also downloading apps and also the bible! If you want to have a look at this a PC Mag review of the Red Phone app is here: RedPhone (for Android) Review

A third idea came to me that would help the underground church evade the authorities in closed countries (such as Iran, China, North Korea, others)- it is called Steganography, I learned about this in school. In Steganography a secret message can be inserted into a file such as a picture, someone could email pictures of their vacation that look completely harmless but they actually contain secret instructions, the instructions are password protected and encrypted and cannot be found without a special program. An underground church could use stenography to coordinate their activities without fear of the instructions being intercepted and then be busted by the authorities! If you would like to have a look at various Steganography programs to do this with the link is below:

10 Best Steganography Tools/Software which are Free to Use

A tip that came to me- as soon as you receive the file containing the secret instructions read the instructions and then memorize them and then immediately delete the file. This way if heaven forbid you do get arrested by the authorities they would not be able to confiscate your computer and read the information after getting the password out of you (under duress).

Also there is technology called PGP (Pretty Good Privacy), you could use that to encrypt your emails to the point that they are unbreakable.

Another idea- you could use an email server that is outside the hostile country so the authorities would not be able to raid the ISP and get your emails, you could use an encrypted link to the mail server which would add an extra layer of security.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟557,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Afghanistan
- 10/40 window country.
--
Online Church
"When we started launching the Farsi Virtual Church,
It was amazing to see how Afghans have been engaging
with it.."
- Mission Network News.
www.mnnonline.org

Last edited:
Upvote 0