1.6-billion-year-old fossils push back origin of multicellular life by tens of millions of years

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟767,979.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
That's because you type into your google search engine "Dinosaur graveyards within Chicxulub blast zone." You do your searches like that and you will find zero results on google. You need to know Mexico and its states. You need to know these things before you can find results. Then you will find several links taking you to the dinosaur graveyards in the Mexicans states which I will provide for you in the maps below.

View attachment 342040

View attachment 342041

View attachment 342042

View attachment 342043
So I did the research. The Mexico dinosaur fossil beds pre-date the Chicxulub Astroid event by 10's of millions of years. The areas where the fossil beds are found was a low land 70 million years ago that was wet and swampy which accounts for the sedimentary geology in which they are found.

The Earth's geology is never as simple as your making it out to be. Geology 101.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟282,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you should leave until you can be mature enough to post without direct name calling, insults, belittling, invalidation.

We judge them by what they say. Not by inward appearances, but by outward ones such as above.
Perhaps I did go overboard but your attempts in justifying your fellow creationist dishonest claim of Cretaceous dinosaur graveyards in Mexico backfired, in which case your moralizing attitude should also extend to those who make things up and then doubles down on the assertion when challenged.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟282,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I did the research. The Mexico dinosaur fossil beds pre-date the Chicxulub Astroid event by 10's of millions of years. The areas where the fossil beds are found was a low land 70 million years ago that was wet and swampy which accounts for the sedimentary geology in which they are found.

The Earth's geology is never as simple as your making it out to be. Geology 101.
You are to be congratulated for finding information where others like myself failed.
As a matter of interest are these fossil beds anywhere near the crater?

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟253,461.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You do not think, an avowed atheist, would use the term in mocking God? I do.
It's like Atheists using the term God as a swear word. Why not use 'Chick dmn you!'
Not logical. Hawkings, do you think he thinks very logically?

Peace and Blessings
No, It's much like Einstein saying "God doesn't roll dice"
He is talking about the nature of the universe and the laws of physics, he doesn't like things to be random, he likes cause and effect.
He's not talking about god or dice.

Upvote 0

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟92,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I didn't say God cleaned up the mess by "swapping evidence."

I said He simply cleaned the mess up that had been made.

I'm not implying that that's what you said, but it sure looks like that's what happened. God added an impact crater. I can't imagine that the crater was there before the flood, or that a meteor impacted that area after the flood, so where did that impact crater come from, if not from God intentionally putting it there?

Ahh... I just noticed @dlamberth's post, but was that battle pre or post flood? Post flood certainly would've hindered the whole replenish the earth thing, don't you think? And pre flood evidence would've been wiped out, considering the plate tectonics involved in the diluvial event. But you're the expert, you tell me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟312,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm not saying a time machine is possible. But if you want to stay true to scientific method you do have to invent a time machine so you can go back in time to make sure your present guesswork about the age of the earth is accurate. Science is not philosophy and there is no room for vague assumptions. A theory is something a scientist should keep to himself until he is able to do all the necessary work to prove his theory before presenting his facts. There is no way, scientifically, of dating the earth with any degree of accuracy. Carbon dating is useless past 2000 years and even then you need a core sample of something known of that age to check the date with.
Yes, we get it. You have no idea how science actually works. I'm not sure if it is worth explaining it to you (including how dating can be demonstrated) given your propensity to just dump out claim after claim, none of which are supported by evidence. (The tactic has a name.)
The earth went through a major catastrope. It doesn't matter whether one accepts the Flood or the asteroid. Both events will greatly disrupt the carbon balance making it impossible to get correct results from modern dating methods. The earth has changed since the catastrope. So without a time machine there is no getting accurate results. Its all philosophy until that time machine is invented.
Carbon balance is irrelevant to the dating of the K-T event and any affect it would have had no longer applies. (We could talk about nuclear testing, but that is only relevant to C-dating, not any method usable for such old layers as the K-T boundary.)
Science cannot solve everything. Modern science is for present issues. It can be useful for some investigations in history but had its limitations. You may believe what you want about the date of the earth but that is your belief and science cannot verify anything about that.
Is this an endurance contest?

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟767,979.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
You are to be congratulated for finding information where others like myself failed.
As a matter of interest are these fossil beds anywhere near the crater?
Nope. One is up in north East Mexico, the other is near Mexico City.

• Informative
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟312,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is philosophy.
I don't do philosophy, just ask around.
Where you there when the earth began?
I was.
There is not much iridium on earth and what is on earth is largely due to volcanism.
Volcanoes don't make anything. The only spew stuff from deep in the Earth to the surface.
As for that violent stellar explosion, I have no interest ever in discussing Deep Space Fantasia.

It's "Deep Space 9", the best of all the Trek's, but it isn't relevant.
I seriously will not make time for that.
Spending your time on repetition, eh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟767,979.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Now imagine a super-heated meteor so big it does the same worldwide. And multiple meteors? The whole earth is sterilized, and nothing exists to grow.
Drilling into the the Chicxulub crater has shown that marine life recovered much faster than was expected. With in 30,000 years, the asteroids ground zero housed a thriving ecosystem. The reason for this rapid change was that the eastern side was open to the Atlantic Ocean which provided critters a way to move back in. By contrast, other areas around the Golf of Mexico took 300,000 years to fully recover.

• Informative
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,950,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ahh... I just noticed @dlamberth's post, but was that battle pre or post flood?

That battle is still ongoing today.

Just severely held in check.

Post flood certainly would've hindered the whole replenish the earth thing, don't you think?

Look at it this way.

You're a fallen angel in space during the time of the Flood.

You're looking down on the earth and seeing nothing but water and an Ark.

In the middle of your victory dance, you suddenly see the waters being taken to "siphoning points" and removed from the earth.

In its place, is a beautiful, clean, sanitized, terraformed Earth that looks much like it did in Genesis 1.

The Ark is sitting in the mountains of Ararat, and a raven and a dove emerge from it.

The dove returns, is sent out again a week later, and this time plucks off an olive leaf.

Earth is absolutely beautiful, but now it has polar climatology, instead of 100% tropical climatology.

You see Noah and his family and all the animals disembark.

You get mad.

Real mad.

I mean ... mad, mad.

You grab an asteroid and hurl it down to smash the earth to pieces.

It hits the earth and ... well ... doesn't do what it was supposed to do.

Something intervened and channeled all that kinetic energy and power elsewhere off the earth.

All that's left is a crater and nothing else.

Sounds fictional?

Did I make this up?

Sure I did.

But at least it gives you some inkling as to why this crater can exist, with no appreciable damage, other than a ... well ... crater.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,950,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Drilling into the the Chicxulub crater has shown that marine life recovered much faster than was expected. With in 30,000 years, the asteroids ground zero housed a thriving ecosystem. The reason for this rapid change was that the eastern side was open to the Atlantic Ocean which provided critters a way to move back in. By contrast, other areas around the Golf of Mexico took 300,000 years to fully recover.

There was no Atlantic Ocean or Gulf of Mexico at the time.

I believe the classroom word for it is: Panthalassa.

Or Panthalassic Ocean.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,787,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

1706731117435.png

This thread will stay closed. There are many problems. Please read the Creation & Evolution Statement of Purpose. It includes:
Discussions here should be on the nature of creation and evolution, not focused on bashing or uplifting those who are proponents of these beliefs. Do not flame other viewpoints. Christianity and creationism cannot be called a myth or fairytales, and evolution should not be called pseudoscience nor should evolution or science be called a religion. Please be aware that there are Christians who believe in Theistic Evolution or simply Evolution. Implying they are less Christian will be seen as flaming. Refrain from names that will be viewed as goading by a different viewpoint.​

What this means is that it is not okay to insult the other view by calling the people involved, the techniques or methods or the science of it by mocking or derogatory names.

This forum is subforum of Physical & Life Sciences which also has a Statement of Purpose which includes this:

Remember to quote sources if applicable. When copying a portion of an article or informational piece, remember the copyright limits outlined by CF as well as the copyright stipulations of the article publisher.​
Support your claims by providing links that provide information about the claim. Telling people to google it is rude and not productive to good debate. You make the claim - you need to support it.

Last, stay on topic. Some posts were WAY off topic or attempting to derail the conversation to an apologetics discussion. Stick to the topic!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.