1.6-billion-year-old fossils push back origin of multicellular life by tens of millions of years

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟282,067.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, if you take the time to read the articles (and there are many) about the dinosaur graveyards you'll see they are from the Cretaceous period. Now of course the Cretaceous period and dates of that period come from evolutionists. I personally don't believe that stuff. But to stict with the theory the graveyards is from the Cretaceous. Now when did this alleged asteroid slam into the Yucatan? Was that not the Cretaceous period? Is that not in line with the theory? Where did I go wrong here? If the fossils from the Cretaceous period are not contemporary the please tell me of the catastrope that happened prior to the K/pg extinction or after K/pg. Its a mass graveyard of fossils caused by an extinction event. So you tell me.
Your post doesn’t make any sense.
I thought the term contemporary would have been self evident to describe dinosaurs that existed at the time when the extinction event occurred.
The Cretaceous period lasted 79 million years, the extinction event ended the period, did it ever occur to you that your imaginary dinosaur graveyard which no one can verify with a Google search are dated from the Cretaceous period prior to the extinction event?

Here are the facts again there was an abrupt change in the fossil record where there is a complete absence of not only dinosaur fossils but flora and fauna fossils from the Cretaceous above the K-T layer which is defined by a concentration of iridium not found in igneous layers above and below it.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟362,947.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

I won't mince words on it.

Even you, for all the grief people give you, actually make the effort to back up what you say, even if it's just with Biblical verses taken wildly out of context or added to. Even you'll give links to websites now and again.

If a person is not lying, they would not take a whole paragraph to say why I was wrong or how the science is wrong. They would actually present the evidence, simply and easily, even with a link. If they do not provide a simple link, then I have no reason to accept what they say as the truth. And when it has been shown repeatedly that they are wrong, but double down on it, and they also are incapable of keeping their story straight, then I have to assume that they're lying.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟766,206.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
That's because you type into your google search engine "Dinosaur graveyards within Chicxulub blast zone." You do your searches like that and you will find zero results on google. You need to know Mexico and its states. You need to know these things before you can find results. Then you will find several links taking you to the dinosaur graveyards in the Mexicans states which I will provide for you in the maps below.

View attachment 342040

View attachment 342041

View attachment 342042

View attachment 342043
Thanks for the links. That gives me something to work with.

Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I generally keep clear of this forum with the nonsense spewed by creationists particularly when they try use science to support their claims.
One such example is iridium in the K-T boundary is due to volcanic activity.
Such a loving Christian attitude. What book did you pull this from?

Certainly, you're a Sibling in Christ???

Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The point isn't merely an example of "maturity without history" it's the remnants of historical events that cannot have occurred.

If Adam was created with scars from as if he had fallen as a child and memories of his mother telling him bedtime stories, then that would be deceptive. That's what the world has... there or geological and astrological evidence for events that stretch back more than 6000 years... and definitely paint a different picture than a world devastated by a global flood less than 4000 years ago.

Adam was made in the image of God.
Adam was made ready to do whatever he needed to be able to. Think, talk, walk, sing, work, etc.

The earth was not made in the image of God. It was made ready to do what God needed it to be able to do. Project His ideas of creation and ready for man's use. Not your idea of creation. He made lakes to hold water, and oceans to hold water. Mountains, forests, deserts, jungles, glaciers, etc. A model. Built to His needs. Not yours.

Yes. Jesus made the earth with scars. That is called artwork.
Otherwise, it would just be a blob of earth of what height? Surrounded by water of what depth?

Peace and Blessings

Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You want to dig a deeper hole for yourself?
A Google search for “Dinosaur fossils discovered at or near the Chicxulub crater” revealed absolutely nothing.
The closest it came was the discovery of a dinosaur fossil that may have been contemporary with the extinction event found at Tanis North Dakota which is nowhere near Chicxulub!!!
Filled in your hole for you

Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Posting drivel, then blaming others
for not accepting, then playing victim
is very emotionally Immature.

So is making thjngs up ( not so different from lying )

as is labelling " arheist" all who dont accept your claim
that your version of " common sense" lets you know more
science than any scientist on esrth.

All such are quite disreputable and an insult to the

god, and noble faith you would defend.

Another sibling in christ??? Demonstrates their love to Christian Siblings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I don't think Hawking was interested in nor worried about a divine creator.
Talking about "knowing the mind of god" is simply a literary technique called a metaphor, he was also engaged in Antropomorphism as his readers are human, it helps them connect better with ideas when you convey ideas in ways that humans can relate to. Humans have minds, so talking about getting into the mind of a person creating the universe, is relatable. It is all just fancy literary techniques and not to be taken literarily. LOL

You do not think, an avowed atheist, would use the term in mocking God? I do.
It's like Atheists using the term God as a swear word. Why not use 'Chick dmn you!'
Not logical. Hawkings, do you think he thinks very logically?

Peace and Blessings

Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
My goodness this post is hilarious for the rank stupidity demonstrated in its construction.
Anyone with half a brain will ask the obvious question, does the age of these dinosaur graveyard fossils if they do in fact exist, contemporary with the extinction event, postdate it.......?
But wait a moment you claim you can't trust dating methods because one needs a time machine to confirm the dates so what is your basis for making the comparison??
The answer is nothing and your post represents a total breakdown in critical thinking.

I think you should leave until you can be mature enough to post without direct name calling, insults, belittling, invalidation.

We judge them by what they say. Not by inward appearances, but by outward ones such as above.

Upvote 0

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟91,615.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Including clean up?

But is it really a matter of "cleaning up" if God intentionally included evidence of a meteorite impact that never happened? I could understand removing such evidence under the premise of "cleaning up", but adding it... that just doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But is it really a matter of "cleaning up" if God intentionally included evidence of a meteorite impact that never happened? I could understand removing such evidence under the premise of "cleaning up", but adding it... that just doesn't make sense.

I didn't say God cleaned up the mess by "swapping evidence."

I said He simply cleaned the mess up that had been made.

And, of course, He would have had to, so Noah could prosper and replenish the earth.

As far as this crater is concerned, I have my own pet theory as to what it is and how it got there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟766,206.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
As far as this crater is concerned, I have my own pet theory as to what it is and how it got there.
If I remember correctly, it's angels throwing rocks about through out the universe in some sort of battle. Did I get it right?

• Winner
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Consider what a small forest fire in a very local region means.

Lake Tahoe had a fire. Heading up Hwy 50 to Tahoe. There was so much material and loamy soil. Feet deep. That the fire burned so hot it killed nearly everything and worse, it sterilized the soil feet deep. 20 years later. Nothing was growing. Just a dead zone. All the germs, everything killed within the soil. That was just traveling fire.

Now imagine a super-heated meteor so big it does the same worldwide. And multiple meteors? The whole earth is sterilized, and nothing exists to grow.

And we're worried about plastic bags and petroleum products? That would have also burned up?

And theories do not demonstrate an Old Earth as truth. Only stories about what some think happened. And cannot be demonstrated/tested, because it cannot be recreated. That is what God's creation is. A one-time event.

The biggest part of science is not using it to demonstrate other things. But being able to repeat something before moving forward. Evolutionists and Old Eather's, and many scientists skipped the biggest part of science along the way. More science on how to skip that testing does not make it more possible.

Peace and Blessings

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If I remember correctly, it's angels throwing rocks about through out the universe in some sort of battle. Did I get it right?

BINGO!

Good job!

Time hasn't erased your memory, has it? :)

• Haha
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.