Southeast Ohio
✟572,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Sports: every major Ohio football team has lost their QB. The Browns and Bengals to injury and the Buckeyes to the NCAA transfer portal. Even the local high school team lost their QB this season: he opted not to play because he has a real chance at a college basketball scholarship.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟753,130.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Sports: every major Ohio football team has lost their QB. The Browns and Bengals to injury and the Buckeyes to the NCAA transfer portal. Even the local high school team lost their QB this season: he opted not to play because he has a real chance at a college basketball scholarship.
Not much of a football fan unless you count European football. I am Canadian though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟834,816.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
i used to hunt a bit with my father in law. been a good 7-8 years tho. not really my thing to be honest but i know he enjoyed it.
I only hunt as required; do a bit of gratis varmint control for friends and acquaintances. I still find it gratifying how rapidly and completely a groundhog departs when hit with a 6.5 x 55 Swede loaded with an 85gr Sierra hollow-point moving at around 3500 fps. Awesome :)
My wife and I have our PAL and restricted, and I have my hunting license but haven't been out in a long time. I use to make English Longbows with draw weights up to 120# but haven't practiced in 10 years.
I never got into bow hunting. I have owned restricteds since before there was even a FAC required. Only a Hunting license or you had to be 16 years old. That was about 1972 I think. I am presently an RSO and Club Level Handgun Safety instructor at our club in Milverton. I shot a lot of different .22s and other rifles up to 9.3 x 62 and shoot PPC and IDPA hand guns (Holster certified).

Great sport!

Upvote 0

gord44

Nov 4, 2004
✟27,716.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
picked up some nice Hennessy cognac from Costco for the Christmas season. was a good deal for 60oz so hopefully last a while. I don't drink like I used to (thank God) but enjoy cognac and brandy as they are good sippin' drinks.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟834,816.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I was a waterfowler years ago. Haven't been in the field since 2015. Last time I went was a chartered dove hunt for veterans hosted by some fraternal organization.
The Pastor who married the wife and I some 40 years ago was from Minnesota and of Norwegian descent. He greatly enjoyed both waterfowl hunting and upland birds. He also was an avid trap and skeet shooting. We spend a lot of time breaking clays wednesday evenings and sunday afternoons. Good times and fond memories!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟572,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
The Pastor who married the wife and I some 40 years ago was from Minnesota and of Norwegian descent. He greatly enjoyed both waterfowl hunting and upland birds. He also was an avid trap and skeet shooting. We spend a lot of time breaking clays wednesday evenings and sunday afternoons. Good times and fond memories!!!
I was a fan of double barrels. I had a Savage O/U with 2 sets of barrels, 12 ga. and 20 ga., some years back. I was hunting with the 20 ga. barrels on the gun. I was walking a dike in between two little ponds and a snow goose popped up in front of me. I blasted it with the top barrel and it didn't seem to be overly bothered by that. So I let it have the bottom barrel too. It gracefully and leisurely glided out about 100 ft. over the right hand pond and promptly dropped dead. And it was so far out I had no way to retrieve it! After that, I swapped out for the 12 ga. barrels.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟753,130.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
nice. what do you like? i enjoy a red wine with dinner here and there. Pinot Noir is my fav.
I use to make red wine but now prefer white. Not tonight though but I am off for a month so I'll get into it eventually.

Upvote 0