guyfawkes

Jul 3, 2006
Minocqua, WI
✟7,810.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
I saw it in April in Chicago, and I'm seeing it again in Chicago in late October.

According to Wikipedia-
"Wicked is a political, social, and ethical commentary on what good and evil really are. The story centers around Elphaba, the misunderstood green-skinned girl who grows up to become the infamous Wicked Witch of the West. Elphaba acquired her green skin through one of her mother's affairs (a man of unknown ethnicity and a green liquid in a green bottle that he feeds to the pregnant Melena). It tells of her time at Shiz University, as well as her journey to the Emerald City and The Vinkus, among other places in Oz. The book explains Elphaba's motives and examines her true personality. Many familiar characters from Oz are featured in Wicked, including the Wizard, Glinda (here originally called "Galinda" but later adopting the name Glinda out of respect for Dr. Dillamond who often mispronounced her name), the Wicked Witch of the East (here called Nessarose), and Dorothy. Maguire also introduces several new characters including Fiyero, Madame Morrible, and Doctor Dillamond."

Upvote 0

nicolezoeydafney

Mar 9, 2006
everywhere
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
guyfawkes said:
I saw it in April in Chicago, and I'm seeing it again in Chicago in late October.

According to Wikipedia-
"Wicked is a political, social, and ethical commentary on what good and evil really are. The story centers around Elphaba, the misunderstood green-skinned girl who grows up to become the infamous Wicked Witch of the West. Elphaba acquired her green skin through one of her mother's affairs (a man of unknown ethnicity and a green liquid in a green bottle that he feeds to the pregnant Melena) and was also born with incredibly sharp teeth. It tells of her time at Shiz University, as well as her journey to the Emerald City and The Vinkus, among other places in Oz. The book explains Elphaba's motives and examines her true personality. Many familiar characters from Oz are featured in Wicked, including the Wizard, Glinda (here originally called "Galinda" but later adopting the name Glinda out of respect for Dr. Dillamond who often mispronounced her name), the Wicked Witch of the East (here called Nessarose), and Dorothy. Maguire also introduces several new characters including Fiyero, Madame Morrible, and Doctor Dillamond."

wow that sounds awesome. do you know if the play is on video??

Upvote 0

guyfawkes

Jul 3, 2006
Minocqua, WI
✟7,810.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
PacificPandeist said:
I'm thinking of a trip to NYC just to take in some Broadway shows (never seen one), and this has been highly recommended...also, Avenue Q...

//// Pacific PanDeist

Depending on where you reside, the Broadway in Chicago show is just as good, if not better in some ways. Oh, and be sure to check out the National Tour; perhaps there will be a show closer than you think!

Upvote 0

fallupchik

o life! let's get this right shall we?
Sep 3, 2005
DREAMLAND
✟10,811.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
OOO i love WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!

it's so good, it's everything that happened before dorthy came!!!! and the music in the musical in awesome!!!!!! i have the soundtrack and i can sing every song by heart, if you haven't seen it you have to! hehehe( i got a little excited) i can't wait till it comes back to my state!

Upvote 0

WardSmythe

Mar 27, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Visit site
✟8,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
nicolezoeydafney said:
ANYONE SEEN WICKED??? if so whats it about?
i heard it was about the wizard of oz? can someone give me a basic plot summary? i am thinking of seeing it the next time it comes my way.
I haven't seen it. But I've read the book.

I have a friend who is a drama teacher. She says it's become her favorite musical.

I've also read Son of a Witch (sequel to Wicked), Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, and Lost all by Gregory Maguire.

He's a fascinating writer. Personally tho, I didn't care for Lost.

Upvote 0

Paddington

My life laid bear (geddit?!?) before Jesus
Dec 21, 2005
Nottingham
✟15,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I've heard all the music and am going to see it in 2 weeks when it opens in London! I can't wait! I think it'll become my favourite once I see it. There are some great (and legal!) clips on youtube if you search for 'Wicked' and then a song title.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.