Oct 2, 2020
✟622,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that's a Day of the Dead sombrero. The Day of the Dead is is a huge celebration in Mexico and throughout Latin America.

mexico-city-day-of-dead-parade-mexico_3x2.jpg

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟811,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Correct, it is one of the holidays in the settings, we can't pick and choose which ones we want to display, but you can turn them all off if you wish (I did for myself):
1. Click on your name on the top bar,
2. Click the gear icon
3. Select preferences
4. Scroll down to 4th item, Content Options.
5. The last item on that list will be Disable Holiday Styling. Check that box. All the annoying graphics will go away.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I keep having to turn mine back on to see what's being talked about. At least this one doesn't have little skulls swimming all over the text.

I clicked on it and I didn't see any gear or prefrences. But if I would have to turn it on & off to read threads then...well let's just hope it goes away soon. Maybe halloween will be over soon for us who are day of the Life and not day of the dead. I'll check back I guess.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟622,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I clicked on it and I didn't see any gear or prefrences. But if I would have to turn it on & off to read threads then...well let's just hope it goes away soon. Maybe halloween will be over soon for us who are day of the Life and not day of the dead. I'll check back I guess.
It's a box in preferences you can check and uncheck. I have do that to see the latest avatar hat people are talking about. I know from last year that a pilgrim hat will be next.

Holiday styling.png

Attachments

• Holiday styling.png
    Holiday styling.png
    26 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟50,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's a box in preferences you can check and uncheck. I have do that to see the latest avatar hat people are talking about. I know from last year that a pilgrim hat will be next.

View attachment 338799

Thank you! I figured it out. It wasnt a gear on mine they hid prefrences behind another icon but after that it was right where you said it would be.

I wouldnt mind a pilgrim hat but I am a little touchy about halloween and day of death is certainly related. I did not participate in halloween beggars night. I saved me some money, lol. And you know what was weird? I have cameras all around and I didn't see or get even one trick or treater anyway! They must'a went to a richer section of town, lol.

Thanks again Sister!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟622,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh! I'm sorry Brother!! I don't know I got it in my head you was a gal. I just typed that, Doh!
That's okay I found it amusing. The new format eliminated gender from user profiles so I'm not sure myself half of the time.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's okay I found it amusing. The new format eliminated gender from user profiles so I'm not sure myself half of the time.

They eliminated gender from the profiles? That's weird. Ok I guess I'll have to start paying more attention to how people speak cuz many times that will identify them by how they talk as a female or male. Cuz Women don't talk like men!

Signs of the times I guess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

YorkieGal

Glory to God
Sep 6, 2023
USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It took away my hat by clicking that in prefrences but now nobody has a hat anymore. Did it end? I thought it would just take my hat off but I could still see others hats?
Nope, you're either all in or all out!

Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟622,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They eliminated gender from the profiles? That's weird. Ok I guess I'll have to start paying more attention to how people speak cuz many times that will identify them by how they talk as a female or male. Cuz Women don't talk like men!

Signs of the times I guess.
You got that right, sugar. What are those things in your avatar? They look like cute little salt shakers!

It's late and I have a warped sense of humor

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You got that right, sugar. What are those things in your avatar? They look like cute little salt shakers!

It's late and I have a warped sense of humor

That they are indeed lol. Home grown salt shakers!

Ammo shortage? What's that mean? I have some guns that have never fired a factory round of ammo (beyond test firing at the factory lol)
Summertime is casting season and wintertime is reloading season.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0