Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lessee, God called the light "day" and the darkness "night". And a "day" was one evening and one morning according to Genesis, right? So a day, so defined, can, and does, vary in length, doesn't it? I know that in December in Greenland, there are long periods of time where the sun doesn't come up at all. So an evening and a morning are a far cry from the "24 hour day" your lot prate about. And y'all have to invent a pre-sun sun to "explain" the evenings and mornings that you insist were 24 hour periods before the sun was created. And no, the mere existence of light before then doesn't obtain, you still have to have a light source acting as does the sun to make it "work", and simply inventing one where the Bible is silent is rubbish.

And of course, none of that helps you get around that Scripture explicitly says that God doesn't reckon time as we do. See Psalm 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8.

The whole "six 24 hour day" thing is simple rubbish.

Reactions: PrincetonGuy
Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟70,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
From the book of AIG:
"And God made all the elements from the beginning, not just hydrogen, helium, and lithium."

The book of AIG consists of things creationists are sure that God would have said if He had all the facts.
And since I fail to reference this mystery AIG Scriptures I have this to ask of you super Christians, what is it? And you are audacious enough to slap Yahova with, and I quote, "If He had all the facts?" You are one more I do not want to see judged.

You can insult me and none will be upset but insult Yahova, The Inly Creator God, our Elohim.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And since I fail to reference this mystery AIG Scriptures I have this to ask of you super Christians, what is it?
I"m just a sinner, trying to do better. And I forgot my Warning For The Humor-Impaired. (WFTH-I) My bad.

And you are audacious enough to slap Yahova with, and I quote, "If He had all the facts?"
No, I'm not a YE creationist.
You are one more I do not want to see judged.
I really hope you get saved. It will be fun to see your expression when you find out who is there with you.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are one more I do not want to see judged.
Oh knock it off. If sanctimony is a cardinal virtue, then you'll certainly wear a golden crown in your palace in Heaven. You'll probably be able to sit on your balcony and enjoy watching the torments of us lesser critters who had the temerity to consider your arguments fatuous and wrong-headed, and your knowldge of both Science and Scripture superficial.
You can insult me and none will be upset but insult Yahova, The Inly Creator God, our Elohim.
And of course, the greatest insult to God is failure to believe every world that falls from your lips, even when they're arrant rubbish.

• Winner
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟70,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The absolute proof is in getting a day in Genesis Chapter one to line up with the Science of the ages of the earth. The earth is 4.5 billion years old. The universe is 13.7 billion years old. so 13.7 minus 4.5 gives us the length of day one. So actually the first day has to be 9.2 billion years. Because we are told that God created the Earth on the first day.

"Day" here would be an age or era. From our perspective the plural days. Not a single day as some people suppose. OEC is different from YEC. I can explain either one.

God created the sky or atmosphere on the second day. Of course it was a lot more humid back then. Even the sky was pink, not blue as it is now after the flood at the time Pangea was destroyed.

That is, I believe it blasphemous, the Holy Word of Yahova never needs to align with anything not given to us from or/and Yahova Himself.

I already demonstrated that your line of thinking is, likely, incorrect because Paleo Hebrew has one word for day and an extended form by several characters for day age.

And once more you run bubbling, unsubstantiated, statement number 2 by me, leaving me to ask for your reference material for these absurd and, to my knowledge, unknown conditions. Failure to give me absolute proof for either or both will leave me praying for our Elohim to touch your heart and to cure the delusionary condition of you brain. But really, pink sky?

Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟70,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God said no such thing! Genesis 12-50 is written in the genre of literature known as the “Historical Narrative.” Genesis 1-11 is written in a very different genre of literature that is not found anywhere else in the Bible, but is found in epic tales, sagas, myths, and legends— genres of literature in which there is typically very little, if any thing, that is historically accurate. The creation story in the Bible is just that—a severely redacted story! The rest of Genesis 1-11 is a series of severely redacted epic tales, sagas, myths, and/or legends. They have no historical value, but their theological value is immense! The three big Young Earth Creationist organizations are obsessed with what is not really in Genesis but they ignore that which is most truly there—and there is too much of that in this thread.

Some ancient Jewish rabbis continued to believe into the 8th century A.D. that Genesis 1-11 was an accurate, literal account of actual historic events. Ancient Christian scholars, however, were writing at least as early as the first half of the third century A.D. that Genesis 1-11 is not and could not possibly be a literal account of any events. However, in this thread, precisely the opposite is being assumed even though that assumption has no solid basis of fact.

Select Bibliography

Commentaries on the Hebrew text of Genesis:

Goldingay, John - B.C.O.T. 808 pages, 2020
Hamilton, Victor P. - N.I.C.O.T. 1,296 pages, two vols., 1990, 1995
Matthews, Kenneth A. - N.A.C. 960 pages, two volumes, 1996, 2005
Matthews, Kenneth A. - C.S.C. (Chap. 1-11) 622 pages, 2022
Sarna, Nahum M. JPS Torah Commentary 414 pages, 1989
Skinner, John - I.C.C. 552 pages, 1930, Second Edition
Speiser, Ephraim A. - A.B. 378 pages, 1987
St. Augustine, Vol. 1, - Ancient Christian Writers, De Genesi ad litteram liber imperfectus, 285 pages, 389-415
St. Augustine, Vol. 2, - Ancient Christian Writers, De Genesi ad litteram liber imperfectus, 302 pages, 389-415
von Rad, Gerhard - O.T.L. 440 pages, 1972 (German), 1972 (English), Revised Edition
Waltke, Bruce K. with Cathi J. Fredricks 656 pages, 2001
Wenham, Gordon John - W.B.C. liii, xxxviii, 353, 517 pages, 1987, 1994
Westermann, Claus – C.C. (Chap. 1-11) 636 pages, 1974 (German), 1984 (English)
Westermann, Claus – C.C. (Chap. 12-36) 604 pages, 1981 (German), 1985 (English)
Westermann, Claus – C.C. (Chap. 37-50) 269 pages, 1982 (German), 1986 (English)
Zlotowitz, Meir - ArtScroll lxxxii, 2,232 pages, two volumes 1977, 1986, (same contents as the original six volumes but bound in two volumes)
Commentaries are not The Word of our Elohim But I will grant you, there are many contradicting opinions concerning the thousands of points in scripture.

Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟70,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Lessee, God called the light "day" and the darkness "night". And a "day" was one evening and one morning according to Genesis, right? So a day, so defined, can, and does, vary in length, doesn't it? I know that in December in Greenland, there are long periods of time where the sun doesn't come up at all. So an evening and a morning are a far cry from the "24 hour day" your lot prate about. And y'all have to invent a pre-sun sun to "explain" the evenings and mornings that you insist were 24 hour periods before the sun was created. And no, the mere existence of light before then doesn't obtain, you still have to have a light source acting as does the sun to make it "work", and simply inventing one where the Bible is silent is rubbish.

And of course, none of that helps you get around that Scripture explicitly says that God doesn't reckon time as we do. See Psalm 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8.

The whole "six 24 hour day" thing is simple rubbish.
You fail to understand the contextual uses.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
the Holy Word of Yahova never needs to align with anything not given to us from or/and Yahova Himself.
Exactly, God gives us the evidence we study in Science. We would not have fossils to study if God did not preserve them for us.

Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You fail to understand the contextual uses.
One excuse for making up stuff is as bad as another, innit matey? Your lot have to make up stuff to make your "six 24 hour days" stuff "work". Pretty shameless IMO. You want to make God's Creation fit your doctrine. It ain't gonna happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
the first two characters, when alone, are the word for a 24 hour day.
Says you, in the face of Scripture that indicates ity it no such thing for God, Y'all desperately want God to follow human limitations, but He doesn't. "24 hour days" my hind leg, the Hebrews who invented those characters had never heard of an "hour".

Yahova did not make a mistake, that honor is ours alone.
Then quit trying to force Him to follow your rules.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is, I believe it blasphemous
Got it, disagreeing with your nonsensical doctrine is blasphemy. Yeah, there's a lot of that kind of thing going around, and tons of infallible opinions of what Christians must believe or roast forever. I value then all at a straw's worth. My hope is in the Grace of God and the sacrifice our our Lord Christ, not in your iil-founded as to what we must believe. A fig for your made up doctrines!
, the Holy Word of Yahova never needs to align with anything not given to us from or/and Yahova Himself.
Except, of course, your "24 (human) hour days".
I already demonstrated that your line of thinking is, likely, incorrect
No, you demonstrated that you believe that your take on Scripture should be accepted as being as authoritative as Scripture itself. All that demonstrates to me is that you have an amazingly high opinion of yourself. I hope I don't have to see your judgement, home slice.
because Paleo Hebrew has one word for day and an extended form by several characters for day age.
Oh knock it off! You know about as much Hebrew as you do Korean.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I hope I don't have to see your judgement
That is the flip side of the coin. If we do not have it in ourselves we simply do not see it in others. Titus 1:15 "To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is the flip side of the coin.
Sarcasm, mate. I was throwing his implicit threat back in his face. I don't think one's view of the age of the earth has anything whatsoever to do with their salvation.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟159,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The author of “Six Biological Evidences for a Young Earth” is Jeffrey Tomkins, an employee of the Institute for Creation Research. Like the other 42 or so “Ph.D. Scientists” around the world identified by Young earth Creationist organizations he is opposed by well over 3,000,000 men and women who have earned one or more doctorates in one or more fields of science and who are currently employed as scientists rather than as religious workers promoting Young earth Creationism.
There was a time in the not so distant past when Tompkins and the other 42 PhD scientists credentials would’ve impressed me. I wish I’d known that there were more than 3,000,000 who opposes them.
The author of “Six Biological Evidences for a Young Earth” is Jeffrey Tomkins, an employee of the Institute for Creation Research. Like the other 42 or so “Ph.D. Scientists” around the world identified by Young earth Creationist organizations he is opposed by well over 3,000,000 men and women who have earned one or more doctorates in one or more fields of science and who are currently employed as scientists rather than as religious workers promoting Young earth Creationism.

Reactions: PrincetonGuy
Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟70,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Are you judging yourself? Because the Bible clearly teaches us not to judge others.
I am sorry but you appear to have bitten one of the Poison Cookies Qtheists are so famous for offering. Let's ease into this. None of the scriptures from Yahova were given to us in book form and none of them; I think of them as letters were divided into chapters and verses. This is why I perpetually contend there are no stand-alone verses and no stand-alone chapters in Elohim's Sacred Word.

Matt.7:1 is an attention-grabbing notification of the following important instruction that follows in, I recall, the next five sentences, a.k.a. the rest of the paragraph. But throughout scripture Yahova teaches the man that transacts any business with any man or woman without judging certain features of their character is a fool's target.

Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟70,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
A. Got it, disagreeing with your nonsensical doctrine is blasphemy. Yeah, there's a lot of that kind of thing going around, and tons of infallible opinions of what Christians must believe or roast forever. I value then all at a straw's worth. My hope is in the Grace of God and the sacrifice our our Lord Christ, not in your iil-founded as to what we must believe. A fig for your made up doctrines!

B. Except, of course, your "24 (human) hour days".

C No, you demonstrated that you believe that your take on Scripture should be accepted as being as authoritative as Scripture itself. All that demonstrates to me is that you have an amazingly high opinion of yourself. I hope I don't have to see your judgement, home slice.

D. Oh knock it off! You know about as much Hebrew as you do Korean.
A. Nobody, including you and me need to ever believe my doctrine and learn to grow food using Square Foot Gardening, they are free to starve their way through the Tribulation Years. But that is my doctrine and it has never been taught here, by myself. The doctrine I teach is not my own but is the Word of my Heavenly Father/

B. Nope, Yah's Word has never leaned upon science.

C. I had prayed you would seek the indwelling of Ruah, the Holy Spirit, the source of understanding.

D. I'm sorry, I never considered you might not know how to expand a deep search.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
That is, I believe it blasphemous, the Holy Word of Yahova never needs to align with anything not given to us from or/and Yahova Himself.
I have repeated myself many, many times. There is NO conflict between true science and a true understanding of the Bible. If you think there is then you either do not understand science or you do not understand the Bible. Because both come from God and to deny that is, as you say blasphemy, because you are denying God. This is not my judgement of you, it is YOUR judgement of yourself.

In many belief systems, including various Christian denominations, there's an understanding that individuals have free will and are responsible for their choices. According to this perspective, individuals are judged based on their actions and intentions, and they ultimately bear the consequences of those choices. Not only our choices but God watches over every word. What we say has to line up with His plan and purpose.

Jesus Himself tells us in Matthew 12:36 "But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every idle word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

This concept aligns with broader themes found in Christian teachings about the importance of words and speech. In many passages throughout the Bible, there's an emphasis on the power of words to either build up or tear down, to convey truth or falsehood, and to reflect the condition of one's heart.

We are not here to tear people down and accuse them. We are here to build them up and encourage them.

Upvote 0