Southsea
✟2,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
In the begining God created the heavens and the earth, now the earth was formless. The Hebrew text does not say 'now' the earth was formless but 'she became' formless, the same word used as when Lot's wife 'became' a pillar of salt. Satan was banished to the earth at this point because of his pride, which is why only 'the light' was good on day one and nothing was good on day two until the earth came out of the water on day three. Satan and his followers were in the water that covered the earth. The demons are happy in water. 'When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through 'arid' places seeking rest and does not find it...' (Luke 11:24) (they find no water) and when Jesus drove the demons into the pigs, they jumped straight into water( Mk 5:13) also the is no sea in the New Jerusalem (there is no longer the need). Why did God chose the same planet that He had banished Satan to, to spend 6 days perfecting for mankind?

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The Hebrew text does not say 'now' the earth was formless but 'she became'

When did Satan fall?​

Some people believe that happened at the time of Pangea. Satan was angry at God & he wanted God's creation to destroy itself and this was when the dinosaurs began to consume each other. We find the remains of dinosaurs in flood deposits mostly in the rocky mountains where two plates crashed together. This was when the ring of fire was created in the ocean.

Genesis "on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. " This happened in Noah's day and on a world wide scale at the time Pangea was destroyed.

We are warned about this today in the church: "If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other." Galatians 5:15

Upvote 0

Dr Graham

Mar 26, 2024
Southsea
✟2,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Some people believe that happened at the time of Pangea. Satan was angry at God & he wanted God's creation to destroy itself and this was when the dinosaurs began to consume each other. We find the remains of dinosaurs in flood deposits mostly in the rocky mountains where two plates crashed together. This was when the ring of fire was created in the ocean.

Genesis "on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. " This happened in Noah's day and on a world wide scale at the time Pangea was destroyed.

We are warned about this today in the church: "If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other." Galatians 5:15

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Diamond7, I don't dispute what you say. Do you accept the Genesis account of 6 days of creation.
Of course I accept the Bible 100%. At least I do not know of any mistakes or errors. Jesus tells us in the greatest sermon ever preached "For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished." Matthew 5:18 Sermon on the Mount. The law refers to Moses. ONLY Jesus can add to what we receive from Moses in the first five books of the Bible. Moses tells us about Jesus.

Deuteronomy 18:15​

“The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me [Moses] from among you, from your countrymen (brothers, brethren). You shall listen to Him.

Upvote 0

Dr Graham

Mar 26, 2024
Southsea
✟2,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi Diamond 7, I totally agree that the original Hebrew and Greek texts are the word of God but that some versions of the Bible have translation errors. Very few translate this verse correctly, which is we need the original text. I believe the 6 days of creation are to show mankind how to live i.e. work 6 days and rest on the seventh (in fact I think we should worship God 24/7). God did not have to rest on the seventh day, He is God but His rest is when man is in right relationship with Him. There is a future rest to come (Hebrews 4:6) the millennium 1,000 years. 'With the Lord a day is like a thousand years'( 2 Peter 3:8), so I believe the 6 days of creation are to show that the creation age is 6,000 years. If you add the ages of the patriarchs up to Abraham you get 2,008 years with Abraham being born 1996BC, thus creation was 4,004BC. Jesus was born 4BC (just before Herod died), thus creation was 4,000 years before Christ and 2,000 years after Pentecost ( the age of grace), making the return of Christ 2029 or 2030. No one knows the day or hour but we maybe able to work out the year.
I believe 1260 days ( 42 months) before this time the 'man of lawlessness' will set himself up on a wing of the sanctuary and demand worship (2 Thess 2:4). He will make a 7 year deal with Israel (Dan 9:27) and break it half way through and stop all sacrifices. We do not need the Temple to be rebuilt for this to be fulfilled, the Hebrew text of Daniel 9:27 only mentions 'sanctuary' and ' on the wing of abomination' and Young's Literal translation says of 'he sets himself up in God's Temple' (2 Thess 2:4) the word 'naos' should be translated 'sanctuary' not ' temple'. Then begins the worst part of the Tribulation. So what we are looking for is who is this 'man of lawlessness', I believe he is the beast from the sea (Rev 13:1) and the beast from the land (Rev 13:11) is the anti-christ who causes the 'first beast whose fatal wound had been healed' to be worshipped. I would send attachments of the texts but don't know how through this forum.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
making the return of Christ 2029 or 2030. No one knows the day or hour but we maybe able to work out the year.
I go by pentacost in the year 29AD because of the Apophis asteroid. It is expected to
pass close to Earth -- on April 13, 2029. -- 30 March 2036. This will be the closest approach to Earth by an asteroid.
  • Passover 2029: March 30 – April 7
  • Passover 2030: April 17-25
  • Passover 2031: April 7-15
  • Passover 2032: March 26 – April 3
  • Passover 2033: April 13-21
  • Passover 2034: April 3-11
  • Passover 2035: April 23 – May 1
  • Passover 2036: April 11-19
We do not need the Temple to be rebuilt for this to be fulfilled
They need to control the temple mount. They can set up a tent tabernacle. The animals and utensil's are ready and the priest are trained. So withing 24 hours time they would be up and running. The Holy Land Experience in Orlando Florida had a Tabernacle set up. Of course today the church is the tabernacle or the body of Christ.

They are also ready to set the cornerstone and begin to build the temple. That would take 3 1/2 years to build.

Upvote 0

Dr Graham

Mar 26, 2024
Southsea
✟2,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I agree, all is needed is somewhere for the sacrifices to re-start. The 'Holy of Holies' extends just north and east of the 'dome of the rock', and the presence of God was even in Herod's Temple, which did not contain the 'arc of the covenant' . (Angel Gabriel appeared to Zechariah and the curtain was torn in two from top to bottom). The Temple described by Ezekiel may be built in the millennium period. I also believe Daniel 12 verses 11 & 12 help with the date of the 'abomination that causes desolation'. If the 1290 days and 1335 days are actually years, then 1290 years from the destruction of the Temple before the exile to Babylon and you get the building of the 'dome of the rock' between 685-691AD (Even if those are Jewish years). Add1335 years to 691 you get 2026, 1260 days before the return of Christ. What we are looking for is who is 'the manor lawlessness', a western leader who make a 7 year deal with Israel. He has to be time limited like a politician or it would just be 'a deal ', any thoughts, I have a name.

Upvote 0

Dr Graham

Mar 26, 2024
Southsea
✟2,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi Diamond7, I am talking to a guy who thinks the Daniel 9:27 passage was fulfilled by Jesus stopping the need for animal sacrifices that were 'an abomination' ( though he doesn't account for the 7 year deal with Israel or why Matt 24:15 talking about end times refers us to Daniel). He also thinks the 2Thess 2:4 passage about the 'man of lawlessness' setting himself up in the sanctuary refers to the papacy 'with in the church ' (the sanctuary, us) proclaiming himself to be God'. Both might be partially true, what do you think, regards Graham

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟25,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the begining God created the heavens and the earth, now the earth was formless. The Hebrew text does not say 'now' the earth was formless but 'she became' formless, the same word used as when Lot's wife 'became' a pillar of salt. Satan was banished to the earth at this point because of his pride, which is why only 'the light' was good on day one and nothing was good on day two until the earth came out of the water on day three. Satan and his followers were in the water that covered the earth. The demons are happy in water. 'When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through 'arid' places seeking rest and does not find it...' (Luke 11:24) (they find no water) and when Jesus drove the demons into the pigs, they jumped straight into water( Mk 5:13) also the is no sea in the New Jerusalem (there is no longer the need). Why did God chose the same planet that He had banished Satan to, to spend 6 days perfecting for mankind?
Hi
Are you seeking to find out why the angel called Satan the Devil opposed God?
Ezekiel 28:11-17 gives us a clue.

If you want to know why Satan was cast down to earth.
The Bible explains in Revelation 12:7-12

In a nutshell, the one who was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil 1 John 3:8, had taken up the authority given him by God, to begin his reign Revelation 12:10.
That reigning king, is the one given authority to crush Satan. Romans 16:20; Genesis 3:15; Galatians 3:16

For further details, see John 12:31; John 14:30; Luke 10:18
Jesus anticipated Satan's "landing" here on earth, because Jesus knew exactly what he would do, when he took up rulership in his heavenly kingdom. Satan didn't stand a chance. The battle likely ended swiftly. His time in heaven was up.

Upvote 0

Dr Graham

Mar 26, 2024
Southsea
✟2,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi, the fact that God chose to spend 6 days perfecting the same planet He banished Satan to, means we have more to do on this earth than just worship God. As we worship God, we grow closer to Him and He enables us to fulfill His will for our lives. As individually and as part of the body of Christ, we reject our fallen sinful nature , fully live the lives Jesus achieved on the cross for us and stand firm against the lies of the enemy.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟25,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Diamond7, have you any thoughts about what has to happen before the return of Jesus Christ, regards Graham
Hello again.
I know this was not asked of me, but I hope I can answer.

If you are asking about the return of Christ, after he was crowned king, and began his conquest Revelation 6:2, there are many things that are taking place, in fulfilment of Bible prophecies. There are a few prophecies remaining to be fulfilled.

If we use the book of Daniel, I think that gives us a good starting point, in conjunction with John's prophetic visions, in the book of Revelation.
Daniel 2:34, for example, says, "You watched while a stone was cut out without hands, which struck the image on its feet of iron and clay, and broke them in pieces," Verse 45.refers to the stone cut from the mountain, which stone is to pulverize the image.
We know this stone represents the kingdom of God, which he set up, and which will shatter all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, but will itself stand forever. Daniel 2:44

Correspondingly, Revelation in various parts, tells us that the kings of tthe earth, will meet their end in battle with the king of kings, and his host. The wild beast represents the last world power, which is destroyed at Armageddon.

Keeping it brief...
The stone of Daniel is near to crushing the feet of the image, which represents the last world power.
iu

Before the stone actually strikes the feet of the image, there is something God uses the feet (the wild beast) to do.
Revelation 17:16, 17
16 And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled.

That is one of the few remaining prophecies before Matthew 25:31 and Revelation 16:16 takes place.
There is not much left after this, because the tribulation Jesus spoke about would have begun, and Jesus said, if those days were not cut short, no flesh would be saved.
So Armageddon follows closely, for the saving of mankind.

The important thing then, is to heed Revelation 18:4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟25,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, the fact that God chose to spend 6 days perfecting the same planet He banished Satan to, means we have more to do on this earth than just worship God. As we worship God, we grow closer to Him and He enables us to fulfill His will for our lives. As individually and as part of the body of Christ, we reject our fallen sinful nature , fully live the lives Jesus achieved on the cross for us and stand firm against the lies of the enemy.
All you mentioned there involves worshipping God as he willed from the beginning.
Right now, our worship of God, is imperfect, but acceptable to God, because he lowered the bar, so to speak, considering our limitations as sinful beings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟25,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi CoreyD, Amen, we are no longer under law but under grace. We are all on a journey of sanctification, new creations in Christ Jesus.
Yes. That's why the Christ takes on the role as Everlasting Father.

We will not be perfect until we receive our glorified bodies in heaven.
So many persons have their mind set on heaven, but wouldn't you be happy to achieve perfection on earth? What prevents that from happening, do you think?
Where will persons be after the 1,000 years, when the Devil is loosed? It's earth, isn't it?
Wouldn't they reach perfection by then, and won't they lie on long after the Devil is destroyed forever, along with all who side with him?
Wouldn't they be living on the earth forever, in perfection?

I pray come Lord Jesus come.
You sound excited, like John.
Yes, I too long for that time - to see loved ones who have gone to rest, and enjoy perfect health, with people who are living in peace with everyone.
What a wonderful time that will be!

Upvote 0

Dr Graham

Mar 26, 2024
Southsea
✟2,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi, I believe that while in this human, fleshly body we cannot achieve perfection. Even the Apostle Paul at the end of his life said he 'was the worst of sinners ' despite all God had empowered him to achieve in spreading the gospel. If we could achieve perfection now, we would not need the atoning sacrifice of Jesus . We need to live this life on earth led by the Holy Spirit and living in the full glory of Jesus' completed work on the cross. The middle letter if S'I'N is I, if you are still the center of your universe it is a sin, I am 'crucified with Christ I no longer live but Christ lives in me' and until Christ's return or He takes me home , I will 'continue to run the race to win the prize for which Christ Jesus took hold of me'. I believe that if Jesus is your personal Lord and saviour, we will enter the millennium in glorified bodies and rule with Him over those remaining on the earth in their non-glorified bodies.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟25,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I believe that while in this human, fleshly body we cannot achieve perfection. Even the Apostle Paul at the end of his life said he 'was the worst of sinners ' despite all God had empowered him to achieve in spreading the gospel. If we could achieve perfection now, we would not need the atoning sacrifice of Jesus .
Not now.
The thousand year reign of Christ is future.
Do you not see persons benefitting from the high priests' services, during the 1,000 years, and would it not accomplish its purpose of making persons complete to God?
What do you think is the purpose of the 1,000 years, with Satan bound?

We need to live this life on earth led by the Holy Spirit and living in the full glory of Jesus' completed work on the cross. The middle letter if S'I'N is I, if you are still the center of your universe it is a sin, I am 'crucified with Christ I no longer live but Christ lives in me' and until Christ's return or He takes me home , I will 'continue to run the race to win the prize for which Christ Jesus took hold of me'. I believe that if Jesus is your personal Lord and saviour, we will enter the millennium in glorified bodies and rule with Him over those remaining on the earth in their non-glorified bodies.
I think you are referring to now, but the 1,000 years rule has not begun, so it does not refer to now, but during the reign and priesthood of Christ and his co-rulers, and priests.
Why do you think perfection would not be achieved then, and would it not be on earth, according to Revelation 21, and 22?

Hi CoreyD, have you any thoughts about the return of Jesus
Do you mean Christ's return as mentioned at Matthew 25:31 and 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9? Only what the verses tell us.
We had better be sure we identify as sheep, by knowing Christ's brothers, and supporting them, obeying the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

What about you?

Upvote 0

Dr Graham

Mar 26, 2024
Southsea
✟2,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi CoreyD, yes I agree the Millennium 1,000 years is in the future and yes , the people in their non glorified bodies are on the earth. Even with satan bound many will still rebel against Christ at the end of the 1,000 years when satan is released for a while ( Rev 20:7). I believe the separation of sheep and goats (Matt 25:31) may be at this point. Entrance to the Millennium cannot be on how we treat our fellow brothers but on whether we have accepted Jesus as Lord and saviour. The unwise virgins who were not spirit filled (no oil in their vessels) found the door closed , they must have been immature Christians but if they truly started the journey of faith maybe Romans 8:28-29 will apply and God will complete the work . The decision of who receives a glorified body to rule with Christ in the Millennium, is whether we are mature, led by the Holy Spirit and if we have died to ourselves and the flesh , on the journey of sanctification and are hidden in Christ, before His return.

Upvote 0