Visit site
✟750,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I joined this forum because I saw a post by AV1611VET quoted on "Fundies Say The Darnedest Things". I am also quoted on that website.... Anyway, I'm a fairly new KJV defender, and would like to know how many of us there are. In real life, I'm the only one I know...and online, i do know know of many...
There are KJV only advocates on another forum I frequent. Some of their arguments are based on false assertions, some are absurd and none hold water. Perhaps you know something other KJV only people do not.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟27,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Happen to be KJV defender also but more of a TRO,
For instance:
And we know that all things work together for the best to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28. The Geneva Bible

I like good in the KJV but much prefer the Best.

"Good" = "Agathos" in Greek:
  1. of good constitution or nature
  2. useful, salutary
  3. good, pleasant, agreeable, joyful, happy
  4. excellent, distinguished
  5. upright, honourable

But also has this: "perfectus,... qui habet in se ac facit omnia quae habere et facere debet pro notione nominis, officio ac lege" =
"perfect, ... who has in himself and does all that he has and must do for the idea of the name, the duty and the law"

So we can see "best" in that last one. And it certainly rings true as God's will for His people will be the "best" for them, and also "good."

"kreittōn" is translated "best" in 1 Corinthians 12:31, "But covet earnestly the best gifts..."

Reactions: 65James
Upvote 0