Daily Bible Verses Easter To Pentecost | I Am The Way, The Truth And The Light | In My Father’s House Are Many Mansions

WordAloud

Nov 14, 2012
✟19,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey all,

Here is my reflection for today:

It's of John 14: 1-6.

Here is the page on my website: Daily Bible Verses Easter Season To Pentecost | Friday Week 4 | I Am The Way, The Truth And The Light | In My Father’s House Are Many Mansions – Listen To the Bible! | King James Audio Bible | KJV | King James Version

Please if you wish visit and have a look around.

It goes like this:

1 LET not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

‘I am the way, the truth, and the life…’ Jesus sees that what he has so far said to the disciples during the Last Supper has left them troubled. His speaking of Peter’s imminent denial must have been especially upsetting. In these verses, Jesus now reassures the disciples. They will come to heaven, just as we all may. ‘In my Father’s house are many mansions.’ No matter our shortcomings, through faith we can find that there is a place in heaven prepared especially for us.

This is Christ’s promise. It is precisely for this purpose that he has become incarnate, to teach us, to lead by his example, and to die on the cross and then rise from death, so that we may come to him.

We are told too that Christ will come again to find us. This includes the second coming, and the individual meeting of each soul with Christ after death – the truth, the life.

The disciples are puzzled by what Jesus has said to them, and so it is that Thomas asks his question. As Jesus explains his meaning, we may recall the parable of the good shepherd, and Jesus presenting himself as the gateway to the sheepfold. I am the way, the truth, and the life. He is the way. It is through Jesus that we find our place in the sheepfold, that we may, as sons, come to the Father in heaven. It is in our beholding of Jesus that we may know the way to truth and life. Through faith, we may come to our heavenly home.

‘This is the way, dear friends, that we find our own salvation: even Jesus Christ, the high priest by whom our gifts are offered, and the protector by whom our feebleness is aided. Through him we can look up to the highest heaven and see, as in a glass, the peerless perfection of the face of God… He is the splendour of God’s majesty.’ Pope St Clement I

Additionally, here is my latest YouTube psalm: