Ohio
✟8,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A hundred and ten years ago my father as a teenager self taught himself these skills, primarily for horseshoes but also other necessities on the pioneer farm of his father. I remember as a child seeing the forge and tools set aside and rusting, a victim of time and convenience just as we experience today with digitalization. Admirable that you have revived the skill, even in a simplistic form.
I think the skill is revived because of YouTube. I'm thankful. Thats where i learn. Good Anvils are expensive. I made my own out of scrap forklift tines. A cheap cast steal anvil is good but cast iron is junk. If I buy an anvil one day it will likely be cheap cast steel

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟428,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A forge heats the steal. I use a burner like you probably use for melting metal. Mine only heats the metal so I can shape it on an anvil with a hammer. It does take strength and I am weak. I'll keep it simple and light duty and I will build back my strength I hope. God willing.
Yeah just a little at a time. Work yourself a little and you’ll get stronger. I think He is willing. Exercise profits a little and it is necessary. It will be good for you, doing what yo love and profiting…. I use an electric furnace, 850 watts.

Reactions: HopeSings
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah just a little at a time. Work yourself a little and you’ll get stronger. I think He is willing. Exercise profits a little and it is necessary. It will be good for you, doing what yo love and profiting…. I use an electric furnace, 850 watts.
Amen.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟899,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think the skill is revived because of YouTube. I'm thankful. Thats where i learn. Good Anvils are expensive. I made my own out of scrap forklift tines. A cheap cast steal anvil is good but cast iron is junk. If I buy an anvil one day it will likely be cheap cast steel
I do pc gaming, fishing, boating, and Bible study.

Reactions: HopeSings
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I enjoy observing the foibles of mankind which according to God is most everything we deem wise. Also photography (the original form also lost to time)
I once thought of being a photographer. I wanted to express how the world is and how I see it.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟311,275.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I wanted to express how the world is and how I see it.
The world seems fine. Its the people that ruin it :)

edit: Actually come to think of it, it is the ruins of the things man makes that is a favourite subject. We are not good caretakers and even worse creators. So temporary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The world seems fine. Its the people that ruin it :)

edit: Actually come to think of it, it is the ruins of the things man makes that is a favourite subject. We are not good caretakers and even worse creators. So temporary.
Yes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i-die-daily-bible-verse.jpg

Upvote 0