Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My current pet peeve is a commercial for BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse. A place I kinda like, considering it a half step above your average anonymous Chilis/Flingers/Applebees/TGIF...

Anyway the ad [here it is in Facebook video] suggests BJ's is the place for all those key moments in your life, college game, engagement, bachelorette party, family meal (now with kiddo). It just rubs me the wrong way.

Am I really so out of touch and elitist, and the unwashed masses who usually eat off the dollar menu aspire to BJ's to pop the question and celebrate with Pizzookie™?

View attachment 346465

(For the record, I proposed at home after a meal of Chinese take-out, where I produced the ring from a fortune cookie.)
No:)
This predated the beavers. It was a man cutting wood and his dog carries him a McCulloch chain saw. End scene has him beside or in front of a huge stack of cut wood. He give a victory or peace sign, the dog barks at him once, and, embarrassed, the man drops his hand.
I wish i could have found it for you.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1713930048191.jpeg

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This predated the beavers. It was a man cutting wood and his dog carries him a McCulloch chain saw. End scene has him beside or in front of a huge stack of cut wood. He give a victory or peace sign, the dog barks at him once, and, embarrassed, the man drops his hand.
I found one on Facebook of a guy carving a German shepherd. I don't have a FB account so i couldn't copy. Really neat

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟50,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not the same dog, but maybe the same campaign. I remember the jingle word for word and approximately note for note. I wish I could find it online link where others could see it. I could type it, but the thing about lyrics is it's very easy to violate fair use since each verse makes a significant contribution to the context in quantity and meaning.

Anyone else remember the 1970s Mazda slogan "Just an engine goes bump diddy bump diddy bump, but a Mazda goes hmmm?" Mazda was selling cars with the Wankel engine back then.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,732,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not the same dog, but maybe the same campaign. I remember the jingle word for word and approximately note for note. I wish I could find it online link where others could see it. I could type it, but the thing about lyrics is it's very easy to violate fair use since each verse makes a significant contribution to the context in quantity and meaning.

Anyone else remember the 1970s Mazda slogan "Just an engine goes bump diddy bump diddy bump, but a Mazda goes hmmm?" Mazda was selling cars with the Wankel engine back then.
No sorry. I never seen them. I was searching yours with the chainsaw and there was absolutely nothing with a dog on YouTube. I saw everything else though.

Upvote 0