Southeast
✟50,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A 1970s Ad Council commercial about real estate scams. Ad Council commercials, then as now, usually weren't the best in the world. This one had music and animation of a house drawn on the screen as the ad went over the basic scam pitch. Then, as it warned against real estate scams, the drawing reversed. By the end there was nothing at all, which was the point. That was outstanding enough, but the music that went with it and its timing was perfect. To this day that's the best commercial I've ever seen.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A 1970s Ad Council commercial about real estate scams. Ad Council commercials, then as now, usually weren't the best in the world. This one had music and animation of a house drawn on the screen as the ad went over the basic scam pitch. Then, as it warned against real estate scams, the drawing reversed. By the end there was nothing at all, which was the point. That was outstanding enough, but the music that went with it and its timing was perfect. To this day that's the best commercial I've ever seen.
I bet you could find it to post? That reminds me of the baby commercials, maybe for stocks, can't rember

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟50,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I bet you could find it to post? That reminds me of the baby commercials, maybe for stocks, can't rember
Failed. It's like the one with my favorite jingle. It was for McCullough chain saws and I can't find it anywhere. Remember the jingle, though.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Failed. It's like the one with my favorite jingle. It was for McCullough chain saws and I can't find it anywhere. Remember the jingle, though.
a 1970s Ad Council commercial about real estate scams. Ad Council commercials, then as now, usually weren't the best in the world. This one

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,246,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
The ones I like are older, because a few years ago I unplugged the TV since I had no use for it.

This Subaru commercial gets me right in the gut every time I see it; I can't help but tear up a little:

( now where did I put my kleenex... ? )

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
a 1970s Ad Council commercial about real estate scams. Ad Council commercials, then as now, usually weren't the best in the world. This one
I guess no links are copying
The ones I like are older, because a few years ago I unplugged the TV since I had no use for it.

This Subaru commercial gets me right in the gut every time I see it; I can't help but tear up a little:

Why?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟796,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Probably my favorite, I only saw one time —I think at a Superbowl game ad break. The same Life cereal ad as years before, where the boys are saying, "I don't want to try it—YOU try it!" "I know —let's get Mikey to try it! He'll eat anything!", except this time, the boys are all grown up, big burley lumberjacks, sitting at a big wooden picnic table, and they say, "I don't wanna try it. YOU try it!" "I know—let's get Mikey to try it! He'll eat anything!" And Mikey is sitting over there just as clueless as before, big guy minding his own business, not even looking around, when they stick the bowl in front of him, just like before, and he digs right in without even wondering how it got there ..."He LIKES it! Hey Mikey!"

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟50,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
musical McCullough chainsaw ad

I like the beavers
This predated the beavers. It was a man cutting wood and his dog carries him a McCulloch chain saw. End scene has him beside or in front of a huge stack of cut wood. He give a victory or peace sign, the dog barks at him once, and, embarrassed, the man drops his hand.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Probably my favorite, I only saw one time —I think at a Superbowl game ad break. The same Life cereal ad as years before, where the boys are saying, "I don't want to try it—YOU try it!" "I know —let's get Mikey to try it! He'll eat anything!", except this time, the boys are all grown up, big burley lumberjacks, sitting at a big wooden picnic table, and they say, "I don't wanna try it. YOU try it!" "I know—let's get Mikey to try it! He'll eat anything!" And Mikey is sitting over there just as clueless as before, big guy minding his own business, not even looking around, when they stick the bowl in front of him, just like before, and he digs right in without even wondering how it got there ..."He LIKES it! Hey Mikey!"
Let's ask Mikey, i loved that commercial. I can still see Mikey's face:)

• Haha
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Why does it make you sad?

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,246,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Why does it make you sad?
For me, it's just a poignant illustration of how no matter how old our children get, they'll always be our lil' munchkins on some level.
The dad sees his daughter as his little girl, even though she's old enough to drive. :blueheart:

-

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟835,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
My current pet peeve is a commercial for BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse. A place I kinda like, considering it a half step above your average anonymous Chilis/Flingers/Applebees/TGIF...

Anyway the ad [here it is in Facebook video] suggests BJ's is the place for all those key moments in your life, college game, engagement, bachelorette party, family meal (now with kiddo). It just rubs me the wrong way.

Am I really so out of touch and elitist, and the unwashed masses who usually eat off the dollar menu aspire to BJ's to pop the question and celebrate with Pizzookie™?

1713883461997.png

(For the record, I proposed at home after a meal of Chinese take-out, where I produced the ring from a fortune cookie.)

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My current pet peeve is a commercial for BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse. A place I kinda like, considering it a half step above your average anonymous Chilis/Flingers/Applebees/TGIF...

Anyway the ad [here it is in Facebook video] suggests BJ's is the place for all those key moments in your life, college game, engagement, bachelorette party, family meal (now with kiddo). It just rubs me the wrong way.

Am I really so out of touch and elitist, and the unwashed masses who usually eat off the dollar menu aspire to BJ's to pop the question and celebrate with Pizzookie™?

View attachment 346465

(For the record, I proposed at home after a meal of Chinese take-out, where I produced the ring from a fortune cookie.)
Wow, food looks great, i don't think we have that restaurant. I know what you mean. Who needs that romantic crap served with your food,lol

Upvote 0