United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am glad I am all mended also.
I suppose I like to cook but I really like to eat more better! And homemade is exactly to my taste.
What is on your menu today?
Well the cats ate the beef so i decided i could also so i made spaghetti, macaroni but different from ever before. i cooked the Mac in the sauce:)

Last edited:
Reactions: QvQ
Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟103,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well the cats ate the beef so i decided i could also so i made spaghetti, macaroni but different from ever before. i cooked the Mac in the sauce
Did that work? I have wondered...

Here is a recipe where mac or noodles are placed in heavy broth, heated for a few minutes then the heat is turned off. The noodle and broth sit for about 20 minutes until the broth is absorbed. It is delicious!

Really easy. I serve it with next day left-over pot roast.

I roast a two meal portion pot roast with enough carrots, onions and potatoes for one meal.
Just toss the pot roast in a covered casserole with the vegetables, put in a cup or so of water/wine/spices. Cook 1 1/2 hr. Then use the roast beef broth to make the buttered noodles. Serve with left-over pot roast.
Two easy meals and can be sized for 1 or 2 people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Did that work? I have wondered...

Here is a recipe where mac or noodles are placed in heavy broth, heated for a few minutes then the heat is turned off. The noodle and broth sit for about 20 minutes until the broth is absorbed. It is delicious!

Really easy. I serve it with next day left-over pot roast.

I roast a two meal portion pot roast with enough carrots, onions and potatoes for one meal.
Just toss the pot roast in a covered casserole with the vegetables, put in a cup or so of water/wine/spices. Cook 1 1/2 hr. Then use the roast beef broth to make the buttered noodles. Serve with left-over pot roast.
Two easy meals and can be sized for 1 or 2 people.

I guess it's a sense a person has as i added water to the sauce which was pretty thick an begin to add mac. Added slowly til i was satisfied with the amount. Stirring all . I think i might have burnt the sauce a little before i added the noodles as it was in the smell or taste but it was good and eldente. Spelling.
I love noodles these days:) thanks

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟103,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I love noodles these days:) thanks
Many quick, easy and single portion dishes can be made with noodles. Toss in any combination of meat, vegetables and sauce, in any proportion for all sorts of dishes.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Many quick, easy and single portion dishes can be made with noodles. Toss in any combination of meat, vegetables and sauce, in any proportion for all sorts of dishes.
True, my favorite is ramen. Can't be easier then that, lol.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well the cats ate the beef so i decided i could also so i made spaghetti, macaroni but different from ever before. i cooked the Mac in the sauce:)
Big mistake for my stomach and bowels

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟103,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's so many sauces that can be added to pasta and rice. They should be staples if they aren't already.
And potatoes.
Variety is the spice of life. It is the sauces that make the difference.
I like using different combinations of vegetables and meat/fish/poultry.
Never a dull meal!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
There's so many sauces that can be added to pasta and rice. They should be staples if they aren't already.
I'm a pasta addict and I occasionally eat rice :) I wonder which one is healthier

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm a pasta addict and I occasionally eat rice :) I wonder which one is healthier
I've heard that rice has none and yet it seems rice is given when a person doesn't feel good. Maybe because it. Is a mild food, not unsettling to your stomach. And then you've got the Chinese and Japanese. They seem healthy and are not obese and to add to the mystery of weight rice is a chart and That's their main food, go figure. I do enjoy watching them eat rice.:). I had a add water to rice,frozen meal yesterday. It wasn't that good.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm thinking of starting a new thread. Odd food combo's. For instance peanut butter and cranberry sauce on bread instead of jelly. Some time ago i thought of combining vanilla ice cream with cranberries. It didn't work. No matter how much cranberries i added all i could taste was the ice cream. I used canned. I think maybe if i just used cooked berries maybe that would. It sounds really good to me, sigh.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,733,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rice contains vitamins and minerals that pasta does not, including folic acid, B vitamins (unless the pasta is fortified), iron, and zinc, but Rizzo says the amounts are very small. For those following a gluten-free diet, rice is a good option….

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
  • Friendly
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟103,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rhubarb pie again.
I did obtain frozen rhubarb and it made the most delicious pies. Even a person who hates rhubarb loved the pies.
Then I tried canned rhubarb.
It is edible but not so good. Not worth making again. The canners added sugar and the fruit didn't have any flavor.
I will try a different brand of cans or keep searching for the frozen.
Next, and this is canned and magnificent
Cherry Pie!

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Rhubarb pie again.
I did obtain frozen rhubarb and it made the most delicious pies. Even a person who hates rhubarb loved the pies.
Then I tried canned rhubarb.
It is edible but not so good. Not worth making again. The canners added sugar and the fruit didn't have any flavor.
I will try a different brand of cans or keep searching for the frozen.
Next, and this is canned and magnificent
Cherry Pie!
You sure love your rhubarb:)

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟103,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You sure love your rhubarb:)
Yes Indeed!
And an update about the canned rhubarb pie.
It lasted 3 days.
The 1st day, as I posted, ok but not spectacular
The 2nd Day it was much better
And the 3rd day it was as good as frozen

Don't know why the pie has to "age" to bring it to full flavor
I am just very happy I can use the canned and everyone likes it fine.
After day 1.

Upvote 0