Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks @Michie and @returntosender
I feel better already.
That is a very good question @returntosender, now that you mention it. So popular, it is odd other companies aren't cashing in.
That is good dinner. Easy and nutritious.
A lot of companies produce pork and beans. It’s not just Campbells. Look it up! Glad you are feeling better and healing! :)

Reactions: QvQ
Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟103,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Today, a quick and easy breakfast.
Crepes, actually just scrambled egg omelet with a bit of flour filled with cottage cheese and blackberry preserves, topped with whip cream.
For dinner, chili cheese burgers and spinach on the side.
Both of these meals are flu sufferer friendly, quick and easy to make.
I am feeling better, have an appetite, no fever but still feeling a tad poorly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Today, a quick and easy breakfast.
Crepes, actually just scrambled egg omelet with a bit of flour filled with cottage cheese and blackberry preserves, topped with whip cream.
For dinner, chili cheese burgers and spinach on the side.
Both of these meals are flu sufferer friendly, quick and easy to make.
I am feeling better, have an appetite, no fever but still feeling a tad poorly.
Hope you're feeling better:)

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟103,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hope you're feeling better:)
Thank you, I am feeling almost well. Just a little tired but mostly well enough.
It took a while. Didn't feel like cooking so I bought a box of cereal, a package of fresh raspberries for a no-cook breakfast.
I made spaghetti, easy enough and lasted a few days.
I made beef stew, from scratch, enough to last a few days
So I am fixed for easy food without too much preparation.

Went to the Doc, who said it was just some flu going around.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thank you, I am feeling almost well. Just a little tired but mostly well enough.
It took a while. Didn't feel like cooking so I bought a box of cereal, a package of fresh raspberries for a no-cook breakfast.
I made spaghetti, easy enough and lasted a few days.
I made beef stew, from scratch, enough to last a few days
So I am fixed for easy food without too much preparation.

Went to the Doc, who said it was just some flu going around.
Good news:)

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟103,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good news:)
The good news is I am feeling like cooking.
Winter time is baking time as it is too hot to use the oven later than June 1st to Sept 15.
So what is on your menu lately?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't cook much. Michie is the super chef. I cook as little as i can. Lately I've been eating Tina's burritos when i get hungry so i don't eat a lot of chips and junk. I bought some Campbell clam chowder instead of my usual brand. Pretty surprised at how good it was because in the past Campbell's meat in their soup smelled like bologna. So now I'm craving it. It has a lot more clams it it then the other. I'm going to try something my mother made years ago. Tamale pie but it wasn't with masa. I think it was bisquick:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟103,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm going to try something my mother made years ago. Tamale pie but it wasn't with masa. I think it was bisquick:)
Betty Crocker might be the one mother made

Or this one which was on the Bisquick box at one time:

That second one looks easier. Try both.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Betty Crocker might be the one mother made

Or this one which was on the Bisquick box at one time:

That second one looks easier. Try both.
Wow, That's great. Looks like it thanks!;)

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟103,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow, That's great. Looks like it thanks!;)
You can make your own "Bisquick" I do as it is easier to make the "bisquick" from scratch.
In a Biscuit recipe, use softened butter as it makes it easier to incorporate butter into the flour.
I put all the ingredients in bowl and use the hand mixer to mix it together.
Pie crust require cold butter but biscuit mixes do not. Room temperature butter is fine.

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟103,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I like artichokes too.
Try a different dip. There are mayo substitutes. Some have yogurt and others have butter. Butter sauce with herbs is a West Coast specialty. Lots of recipes on the web for mayo free artichoke dip. I prefer the melted butter with herbs.

Meanwhile, I have been looking at that Tamale Pie, Betty Crocker. I don't have any corn meal on hand but perhaps grits or maybe not.
It makes a lot of pie, cans of corn, tomato, chilis.
For the Mexican Spices, I would use the spices in that Second Recipe, Impossible Taco Pie.
It is just the quantity as I don't cook for a crowd and I try to use all the can. Hard to find something that needs half a can of tomato.

It is intriguing. I will most likely give it a whirl.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I like artichokes too.
Try a different dip. There are mayo substitutes. Some have yogurt and others have butter. Butter sauce with herbs is a West Coast specialty. Lots of recipes on the web for mayo free artichoke dip. I prefer the melted butter with herbs.

Meanwhile, I have been looking at that Tamale Pie, Betty Crocker. I don't have any corn meal on hand but perhaps grits or maybe not.
It makes a lot of pie, cans of corn, tomato, chilis.
For the Mexican Spices, I would use the spices in that Second Recipe, Impossible Taco Pie.
It is just the quantity as I don't cook for a crowd and I try to use all the can. Hard to find something that needs half a can of tomato.

It is intriguing. I will most likely give it a whirl.
Can't wait to hear how you did. For me no corn and maybe just a little tomato sauce. I love mayo and wouldn't have it any other way, i eat the bottled artichoke Speaking of bottled SMART AND FINAL has a huge bottle of them.for ,$8.00. i have a fatty liver and mayo affects. It. I don't have any Bisquick right now so. I don't know if your old enough to remember the bottle chili powder was in. Maybe it still is. Odd shaped, thick glass. Let us know how you do. Have a nice weekend:)

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟103,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can't wait to hear how you did. For me no corn and maybe just a little tomato sauce.
1/2 recipe might work with frozen corn and fresh tomatoes with grits instead of cornmeal.

Meanwhile, homemade potato chips and hamburger patties. Super fudge Brownies with whip cream for desert.
Made biscuits for breakfast. Topped with cheese, eggs, bacon or whatever, eat them almost daily. Good treat with peanut butter and jelly for lunch.
I make a dozen. Lasts about a week. Bread is too fussy. Takes all day. This is good biscuit recipe substitute for bread. The biscuits are very much like kaiser rolls.
Just the usual. Back to baking. The flu is just a memory. Perfectly well now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
1/2 recipe might work with frozen corn and fresh tomatoes with grits instead of cornmeal.

Meanwhile, homemade potato chips and hamburger patties. Super fudge Brownies with whip cream for desert.
Made biscuits for breakfast. Topped with cheese, eggs, bacon or whatever, eat them almost daily. Good treat with peanut butter and jelly for lunch.
I make a dozen. Lasts about a week. Bread is too fussy. Takes all day. This is good biscuit recipe substitute for bread. The biscuits are very much like kaiser rolls.
Just the usual. Back to baking. The flu is just a memory. Perfectly well now.
Boy, you do like to cook:) glad to hear you're all mended.

• Friendly
Upvote 0