United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi everyone,

We have a small but I think very important feature now that allows you to view new posts only in the forums that you watch. We know that a lot of you come here for very specific purposes and we want to make sure that you can find the newest content that will interest you the most.

Watching a forum is easy. Simply open the forum you wish to watch and click the Watch Forum link.

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 4.51.07 AM.png

Once you click on the Watch Forum link you will get a pop up like below:

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 4.51.52 AM.png

You can choose to get notifications for new threads or new messages if you wish. We are going to choose Don't send notifications because we just want to make sure the forum is on our watch list.

Now that you have a forum on your watch list, we have a new link in our navigation area for New Watched Posts.

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 4.49.16 AM.png

Clicking that link will show you all the new posts you have yet to seen in only the forums you want to see content from!

We hope to continue to improve this feature and make it easier for you to find content that really interests you.

Let me know if you have any questions!

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
@Brent W

I am noticing that I must go back to my 'Watched FORUM' list to check for NEW posts, because NOT ALL new posts in those forums are listed on the 'New Watched Posts' listing.

There were posts in this forum and on the prayer wall that were new but not listed, and I never get new posts listed from OBOB :scratch:

I don't have alerts enabled because it drives me crazy getting an alert for each post :p

So I check all the new posts and then go back to recheck watched forums.

What am I missing??
Are just a 'sampling' of new posts listed from each forum...and a forum I don't usually participate in won't have new posts listed ??

Do I have to watch every thread to get new posts from new threads in watched forums as well?

I am confused :sorry:

Thanks ~ I am loving the new format in general :)

Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
@Brent W

I am noticing that I must go back to my 'Watched FORUM' list to check for NEW posts, because NOT ALL new posts in those forums are listed on the 'New Watched Posts' listing.

There were posts in this forum and on the prayer wall that were new but not listed, and I never get new posts listed from OBOB :scratch:

I don't have alerts enabled because it drives me crazy getting an alert for each post :p

What am I missing??
Are just a 'sampling' of new posts listed from each forum...and a forum I don't usually participate in won't have new posts listed ??

My best advice is to go back into each forum you are not getting notifications from, click the unwatch link, unwatch the forum and then go back and click the link to Watch the forum again. So basically unwatch any forums you are having issues from and then click the Watch Forum link again and follow the instructions in the first post of this thread.

If you are still having issues we can go from there.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My best advice is to go back into each forum you are not getting notifications from, click the unwatch link, unwatch the forum and then go back and click the link to Watch the forum again. So basically unwatch any forums you are having issues from and then click the Watch Forum link again and follow the instructions in the first post of this thread.

Ok will do :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
@Brent W

What am I missing??

Do I have to watch every thread to get new posts from new threads in watched forums as well?

I am confused :sorry:

Ok...I unwatched/watched all my forums, and even 'watched' a couple of threads in OBOB to see if I'd get a notice.

I can see NEW 'watched threads' , but still am not getting NEW WATCHED POSTS from that forum.

So far I am seeing new posts from the Prayer Wall, so that seems ok; it is just OBOB that seems funky for new post listings.

No biggie because I am not very active in there, but just an FYI the post listings aren't working, so I don't know there are new threads/posts.
I can glance at the watched forum listings and go from there; at least watched threads are posted if I have a particular interest.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ok...I unwatched/watched all my forums, and even 'watched' a couple of threads in OBOB to see if I'd get a notice.

I can see NEW 'watched threads' , but still am not getting NEW WATCHED POSTS from that forum.

So far I am seeing new posts from the Prayer Wall, so that seems ok; it is just OBOB that seems funky for new post listings.

No biggie because I am not very active in there, but just an FYI the post listings aren't working, so I don't know there are new threads/posts.
I can glance at the watched forum listings and go from there; at least watched threads are posted if I have a particular interest.

Thanks again!

What is suppose to happen is this: When a thread gets a new post in it, it will appear under New Watched Posts. If there have been no new posts in a thread then it will not appear.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What is suppose to happen is this: When a thread gets a new post in it, it will appear under New Watched Posts. If there have been no new posts in a thread then it will not appear.
Right...I got that LOL

I see on 'watched forums' that there are new posts, but they are not listed under 'new watched posts'....and I see the new posts when I go to the forum.
It is just OBOB that it happens in now; even with a thread watch :scratch:

Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just unwatched/watched it again, and this time I enabled alerts for new messages.
We'll see if that works.
I didn't do alerts for any other forum and still saw new posts.

What forum is it specifically? Can you provide a link?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Thanks. That is one of the forums that is excluded from new posts all together. So posts from that forum do not even appear in the New Posts regular link. @DarylFawcett can give you more information on why.

Maybe it is the volume of posts?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟986,898.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. That is one of the forums that is excluded from new posts all together. So posts from that forum do not even appear in the New Posts regular link. @DarylFawcett can give you more information on why.
That was done per their request, however, this new feature may change the need to to that.

@Davidnic ???

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
When new posts from OBOB showed up in the new post area it led to debates and problems in that area. Same actually with new threads, they get people come in and not know where they are and debate Catholic teaching. So that is why we did that. It still is an issue with new threads. But that is why the members asked for the new posts not to show up. It is active and leads a good number of people there who do not know they are in a congregational safe haven.

Upvote 0