• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Trigger ( overlap with another section ) nasty tricks

OldAbramBrown

Jul 4, 2023
England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
TRIGGER

Normalising bad boundaries by telling us we should have been having sex with somebody

And, before that, after babysitting duty, they slip a selfie into the slide show when w e go to visit. To see whether it gets a reaction

no. 1 were statutory authority
no. 2 were from a religious movement and liable to informally volunteer among those already their acquaintances in the neighbourhood

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I am sorry, good sir, but I do not know what you are saying exactly. Perhaps you are describing what is triggering your trauma?

No. 1 sounds like a terrible person. I think most Christians would be angry about being told we should be having sex with someone when we don't want to. We want to choose our partners and marry them, and have the freedom to do so without being insulted.

No. 2 I honestly don't understand. Did the selfie have clothes on? Seems like these people are sexually harassing you for no good reason.

Upvote 0

OldAbramBrown

Jul 4, 2023
England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I was overly succinct. No. 1 came from both secular (school) and church sources. The couple in no. 2 whom I knew during my childhood, didn't have clothes on in that shot. I now realise they belonged to a religious movement. I've been trying to assess the combined effect of several disjointed but similar phenomena over the years. Most people have been on the receiving end of this but take it for granted / are carelessly stoical / think it goes hand in hand with "wholesomely conservative" politics. It has led to fear and loneliness among billions of people.

In an unrelated development in recent weeks, a couple who don't have to, seem to find me (as single) interesting to hold unconventional, light heartedly serious and tangential conversations with me about matters I always wanted to talk about and no-one did in my churches / fellowships / movements / groups till now (many christians are intellectually dull and that's not a matter of formal schooling or not). I have started to have an inkling of hope I may survive as a relatable being somehow. Sometimes, life proceeds nicely when it proceeds indirectly.

Upvote 0