Midwest
✟81,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I’ll do your mowing, if not hotter than 70F and a water break every 15 minutes!
LOL! My daughter enjoys the riding mower. She lives one town over. A tree removal person is coming sometime. He hasn't told me the date yet. 70F is heavenly! Upper sixties are nice, too.

Reactions: Quasiblogo
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟214,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Work in the yard.
Yeah, I can't work a pickax properly because my shoulders are busted and need replacing. It is not nearly as effective used sitting down, but a lot more comical.

Upvote 0

Quasiblogo

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2007
Continental U.S.
✟974,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
…to remember to put the stem caps back onto my tire valves after filling with air. This morning, for the nth time, I drove off from an air pump without screwing them back on. A quasi cure: those were high-quality caps, so when I went back to the pump an hour later, I found all four caps, uncrushed. Rejoice with me: I found my “coin”!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
…to remember to put the stem caps back onto my tire valves after filling with air. This morning, for the nth time, I drove off from an air pump without screwing them back on. A quasi cure: those were high-quality caps, so when I went back to the pump an hour later, I found all four caps, uncrushed. Rejoice with me: I found my “coin”!
I got myself a car powered air compressor and a portable jump starter a couple of years ago. The nice thing is that the air compressor is perfect for filling your tires in the driveway when it is nice out rather than the usual, "Its a blizzard and I need to hit the gas station".

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟358,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I can't work a pickax properly because my shoulders are busted and need replacing. It is not nearly as effective used sitting down, but a lot more comical.
I was just laying here thinking how am i going to get out there and work in the yard?:). The joys of getting old and decrepit.

Upvote 0

Quasiblogo

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2007
Continental U.S.
✟974,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got myself a car powered air compressor and a portable jump starter a couple of years ago. The nice thing is that the air compressor is perfect for filling your tires in the driveway when it is nice out rather than the usual, "Its a blizzard and I need to hit the gas station".
That’s great, Psalti. I’d like to give that a go. Can you message the brand to me?

Upvote 0

Quasiblogo

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2007
Continental U.S.
✟974,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was just laying here thinking how am i going to get out there and work in the yard?:). The joys of getting old and decrepit.
There’s nothing like feeling that one has options. Why, that’s more empowering than being employed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That’s great, Psalti. I’d like to give that a go. Can you message the brand to me?
I tried messaging you and the CF messaging system blocked it.

Morning,

I got the car started from Amazon. You charge it with a USB and then put it in the car. If you need a jump, just use this rather than another car. I got it and within a week, my car wouldnt start on a cold morning and this did the trick!

LOFTEK Portable Car Battery Jump Starter (Up to 7.0L Gas or 5.5L Diesel Engine), 12V Power Pack Auto Battery Booster with Built-in LED Light, Red

The air compressor I got from Autozone. It's slow but if I get a low pressure indicator, I can put this on and about 3-5 minutes per tire, I'm good to go.

Slime 12 Volt Digital Inflator with LED Light

Reactions: Quasiblogo
Upvote 0

Quasiblogo

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2007
Continental U.S.
✟974,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I tried messaging you and the CF messaging system blocked it.

Morning,

I got the car started from Amazon. You charge it with a USB and then put it in the car. If you need a jump, just use this rather than another car. I got it and within a week, my car wouldnt start on a cold morning and this did the trick!

LOFTEK Portable Car Battery Jump Starter (Up to 7.0L Gas or 5.5L Diesel Engine), 12V Power Pack Auto Battery Booster with Built-in LED Light, Red

The air compressor I got from Autozone. It's slow but if I get a low pressure indicator, I can put this on and about 3-5 minutes per tire, I'm good to go.

Slime 12 Volt Digital Inflator with LED Light

Much obliged!

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟424,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

pits getting harder to growl at my neighbor.

I can rake. It’s getting harder to pick up the piles. I’ve got twice the piles i had last year. I hope I get to them before it rains. I wish I could burn the right where they sit. A little diesel and gone.

it’s getting harder to move, I’m sore but tomorrow is another day. It’s getting hard to accept others goodness, but necessary for all of us. So do a little for them too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟381,912.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey... here's a little story to brighten your day.

My daughter recently flew into the US from New Zealand. She landed in Nashville to stay with a friend and help out with the children for a few weeks.

First morning, jet lag, totally unfamiliar with the place, half asleep, introduced to the children and the dog (which they called America) and her friend, a solo mum drove out to the shops.

Well then there was a knock on the door - a delivery - all good - but....

The dog ran out the door and down the road !

My daughter, still in pyjamas, was then seen by neighbours running down the road, in bare feet, yelling out at the top of her voice "America America America..."

Great start to a first day in a foreign land...

Last edited:
Upvote 0