✟793,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Its getting harder to not see the end

as most family members are now passed, as well as icons from TV, movies and music, just about everyone I grew up with are now gone

Friends too and neighbors, teachers, familiar figures, favorite stores, and restaurants, most have kicked the bucket

Favorite food brands, bands, musicians....many have passed away, as well as models from shampoo commercials like Farah Fawcett
Saving graces are national treasure like dick van dyke, still alive and kicking!
The other day I had a look to see if any of the famous faces from the sixties were still alive, apart from Cliff Richard, whom I knew was. I found that Sandie Shaw, Lulu, Tommy Steele and Joe Brown were!

But although the end is getting near, for those of us who have accepted Jesus as their Saviour we will be going where God will "..wipe every tear from their eyes." and "There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain... (from Revelation 21 v 4). Part of me is excited, part a bit anxious.

Reactions: joymercy
Upvote 0

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟255,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
I joined CF partly because reading my threads would give the grand children some understanding of who I was.

Do the posts remain after my demise ?

If not can we request they be archived and passed on ?
There have been several members who have passed on CF. I can still see their posts, however I am not sure how long their messages stay.

Creating a Legacy forum for these members would be nice!

@FreeinChrist

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟763,837.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm being facetious but maybe there could be a sideline in CF wallpaper with our posts printed on them.

Then wherever the grandkids visited they could walk in and read them - on the kitchen wall, loungeroom wall, even the bathroom wall.

To really get the message home, wallpaper the bedroom ceilings with luminous print in case they're staying over.

Of course the front door entry would have the post in large print "I told you, didn't I?"

But do we think our descendants will want to read our posts? I rarely look back past the last week myself. But then I don't have kids or grandkids so I can't really relate.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,760,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Posts remain unless we delete them which we only do if they are violations. So everything you have here now will stay.

They may get hard to find in future years depending on how the software changes. For instance, I have a hard time finding my posts from pre- 2007.

Reactions: joymercy
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,760,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You can create a blog. You can start a testimony thread in Testimonies.

We do not delete the posts of those who pass on.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟446,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Could we download our posts and store them on media ourselves ?

That would seem to be a great option, especially for those who have done alot of instruction/teaching on CF and would like to keep a personal record of their work.

I know for myself, I do sometimes "copy and paste" (to Word) a post I've read and found to be particularly helpful/informative so that I can refer back to it easily at a later date. (A download option would make the process much easier.)

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟763,837.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We have a little plastic device which "pops" the lid. It releases the partial vacuum pressure and makes it a lot easier to open the jar.

Sorry about the size of the image. I didn't know how to resize it. But they do make it a lot easier to open new jars.

1715240655456.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

as most family members are now passed, as well as icons from TV, movies and music, just about everyone I grew up with are now gone

Friends too and neighbors, teachers, familiar figures, favorite stores, and restaurants, most have kicked the bucket

Favorite food brands, bands, musicians....many have passed away, as well as models from shampoo commercials like Farah Fawcett

Saving graces are national treasure like dick van dyke, still alive and kicking!
Wow! And we're not thought of much anymore. But I'm not anxious to die.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟446,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

I really like your answer.
It's right where I seem to 'live' these days ...
with the end in sight, and thinking more and more about what eternal life will be like, after we leave this life here on earth.

For me, it is hopeful to think about eternity.
I am so grateful to Jesus, that He gives us such great hope!

Upvote 0