Visit site
✟92,514.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am talking about the initial repentance when you first become a Christian.

Jesus commanded everyone to repent, Mark 1:

15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
If people cannot repent, Jesus would not have commanded everyone to repent.

Acts 17:

30b [God] commands all people everywhere to repent.
God wants everyone to repent, 2 Peter 3:

9b he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
1 Timothy 2:

4 [God] desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
However, people choose not to repent, Revelation 2:

21 Even though I have given her time to repent of her immorality, she is unwilling.
Do we choose to repent?

Yes, we choose to repent and not to repent. If we can only choose not to repent, then it is not a choice.

Now, there is a spiritual warfare going on, 2 Timothy 2:

25b God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.
There is a bit of controversy about this, but I see the original Greek as a potential subjunctive: God may or may not grant them repentance.

Acts 11:

18 When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, “Well then, God has also granted to the Gentiles the repentance that leads to life.”
Does God choose to grant repentance?

Yes, God grants repentance to some and not to others.

Yes, people choose to repent or not to repent.

Yes, when people choose not to repent, God can choose not to grant them repentance.

All are true. This is the concept of Co-Reality.

See also

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟77,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 1:30 talks about how many are weak and sick. I wish he had said a few but he says many. If we would judge ourselves God would not have to judge us. He well heal us but He would rather we did not make ourselves sick to where we need the healing.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jesus commanded everyone to repent
You post so many posts it seems about words from the original, or thoughts? whatever .... I'm curious why and what you hope to accomplish - there are many errors.

If I was in a village , and got a phone call that a dam had burst and would soon flood /wipe out the village,
I would alert the residents, and tell them come on , follow me! Let's get out of town a flood's coming!

Would you call my words a command to the people, a command to obey ?

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟1,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Jesus commanded everyone to repent, Mark 1:

Acts 17:

God wants everyone to repent, 2 Peter 3:

1 Timothy 2:

However, people choose not to repent, Revelation 2:

Do we choose to repent?

Yes, we choose to repent and not to repent. If we can only choose not to repent, then it is not a choice.

Now, there is a spiritual warfare going on, 2 Timothy 2:

There is a bit of controversy about this, but I see the original Greek as a potential subjunctive: God may or may not grant them repentance.

Acts 11:

Does God choose to grant repentance?

Yes, God grants repentance to some and not to others.

Yes, people choose to repent or not to repent.

Yes, when people choose not to repent, God can choose not to grant them repentance.

All are true. This is the concept of Co-Reality.

See also

I will divulge a secret worry. Theologies that bypass repentance of the mind, heart and soul seem to be teaching people to break this command of Jesus Christ. It's a little bit concerning, yet Mercy is God's Highest precept, in my opinion. So, I just pray about it.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I will divulge a secret worry. Theologies that bypass repentance of the mind, heart and soul seem to be teaching people to break this command of Jesus Christ. It's a little bit concerning, yet Mercy is God's Highest precept, in my opinion. So, I just pray about it.
No more a secret - those religions without repentance have no forgiveness of sin available, so they perish.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟1,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No more a secret - those religions without repentance have no forgiveness of sin available, so they perish.
Easy.... we are objects of Grace, that are told to speak gently. Only God knows. And, I'm such a hypocrite! I struggle to not flip tables and keep it dialed down. My guess is that Jesus and Paul would be banned from most theological forums. :tearsofjoy:

Matthew 23 :tearsofjoy: And, can you imagine Paul getting thread evaluated? You told them to cut what off!!???!!!???

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Easy.... we are objects of Grace, that are told to speak gently. Only God knows. And, I'm such a hypocrite! I struggle to not flip tables and keep it dialed down. My guess is that Jesus and Paul would be banned from most theological forums.
God Knows and God Told us in the Bible that those without repentance have nor forgiveness. The false gospels attract billions of peopole and tickle those ears all day long to keep them dead in sin.

Jesus says whatever they do to the least of His disciples (today), they do to Jesus. So yes, Jesus has been banned from many places, and government has stated that Christianity is an enemy of the usa. (starting back around or before 1950...

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟1,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God Knows and God Told us in the Bible that those without repentance have nor forgiveness. The false gospels attract billions of peopole and tickle those ears all day long to keep them dead in sin.

Jesus says whatever they do to the least of His disciples (today), they do to Jesus. So yes, Jesus has been banned from many places, and government has stated that Christianity is an enemy of the usa. (starting back around or before 1950...
On another topic... not disrespecting what you have taken the time to write.... It's just plain without need to speak on.

So, on the other topic..... I will tell you this much about @tonychanyt 's Exegeses I've been snooping every chance I get... He teaches repentance and having a prostrate Heart before Jesus. He has a sense of humor, which makes him Lovable. He's a computer nerd, which makes him Awesome. He wrings Grace out of every passage possible... as in squeezes scripture to find it. He exalts Jesus. This much I know for certain. My 2 cents.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
On another topic... not disrespecting what you have taken the time to write.... It's just plain without need to speek on.

So, on the other topic..... I will tell you this much about @tonychanyt 's Exegeses I've been snooping every chance I get... He teaches repentance and having a prostrate Heart before Jesus. He has a sense of humor, which makes him Lovable. He's a computer nerd, which makes him Awesome. He wrings Grace out of every passage possible... as in squeezes scripture to find it. He exalts Jesus. This much I know for certain. My 2 cents.
I've seen this as you say also, and hope it turns out this way/ pans out. Others without his grace and without his <pure motives? unknown> have posted endless threads promoting garbage on the internet, and because of the rules, cannot be stopped (humanly).

• Friendly
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟1,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've seen this as you say also, and hope it turns out this way/ pans out. Others without his grace and without his <pure motives? unknown> have posted endless threads promoting garbage on the internet, and because of the rules, cannot be stopped (humanly).
Free Will was the most controversial thing that God implemented. :p You know He Love's us, to put up with our Skubala.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Free Will was the most controversial thing
I don't think it is controversial at all ! Wanna argue about it? Debate? Come on !

:)

No, really, why do you consider Free Will controversial, or others do ?

p.s. I liked the movie about the whale! :)

• Love
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
What about the first apostles and disciples who repented and were immersed in Y'shua's Name and were saved ? They did not beome Christian, per se... they were called nitwits and were mocked.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Consider God's Severity at times.

"Leviticus 26:14-46

Good News Translation

Punishment for Disobedience​

14 The Lord said, “If you will not obey my commands, you will be punished. 15 If you refuse to obey my laws and commands and break the covenant I have made with you, 16 I will punish you. I will bring disaster on you—incurable diseases and fevers that will make you blind and cause your life to waste away. You will plant your crops, but it will do you no good, because your enemies will conquer you and eat what you have grown. 17 I will turn against you, so that you will be defeated, and those who hate you will rule over you; you will be so terrified that you will run when no one is chasing you.
18 “If even after all of this you still do not obey me, I will increase your punishment seven times. 19 I will break your stubborn pride; there will be no rain, and your land will be dry and as hard as iron. 20 All your hard work will do you no good, because your land will not produce crops and the trees will not bear fruit.
21 “If you still continue to resist me and refuse to obey me, I will again increase your punishment seven times. 22 I will send dangerous animals among you, and they will kill your children, destroy your livestock, and leave so few of you that your roads will be deserted.
23 “If after all of this punishment you still do not listen to me, but continue to defy me, 24 then I will turn on you and punish you seven times harder than before. 25 I will bring war on you to punish you for breaking our covenant, and if you gather in your cities for safety, I will send incurable diseases among you, and you will be forced to surrender to your enemies. 26 I will cut off your food supply, so that ten women will need only one oven to bake all the bread they have. They will ration it out, and when you have eaten it all, you will still be hungry.
27 “If after all of this you still continue to defy me and refuse to obey me, 28 then in my anger I will turn on you and again make your punishment seven times worse than before. 29 Your hunger will be so great that you will eat your own children. 30 I will destroy your places of worship on the hills, tear down your incense altars, and throw your dead bodies on your fallen idols. In utter disgust 31 I will turn your cities into ruins, destroy your places of worship, and refuse to accept your sacrifices. 32 I will destroy your land so completely that the enemies who occupy it will be shocked at the destruction. 33 I will bring war on you and scatter you in foreign lands. Your land will be deserted, and your cities left in ruins. 34-35 Then the land will enjoy the years of complete rest that you would not give it; it will lie abandoned and get its rest while you are in exile in the land of your enemies.
36 “I will make those of you who are in exile so terrified that the sound of a leaf blowing in the wind will make you run. You will run as if you were being pursued in battle, and you will fall when there is no enemy near you. 37 You will stumble over one another when no one is chasing you, and you will be unable to fight against any enemy. 38 You will die in exile, swallowed up by the land of your enemies. 39 The few of you who survive in the land of your enemies will waste away because of your own sin and the sin of your ancestors.
40 “But your descendants will confess their sins and the sins of their ancestors, who resisted me and rebelled against me, 41 and caused me to turn against them and send them into exile in the land of their enemies. At last, when your descendants are humbled and they have paid the penalty for their sin and rebellion, 42 I will remember my covenant with Jacob and with Isaac and with Abraham, and I will renew my promise to give my people the land. 43

First, however, the land must be rid of its people, so that it can enjoy its complete rest, and they must pay the full penalty for having rejected my laws and my commands. 44 But even then, when they are still in the land of their enemies, I will not completely abandon them or destroy them.

That would put an end to my covenant with them, and I am the Lord their God. 45 I will renew the covenant that I made with their ancestors when I showed all the nations my power by bringing my people out of Egypt, in order that I, the Lord, might be their God.”"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟77,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I'm curious why and what you hope to accomplish
I hope to have a better understanding of the word of God and the Hebrew Language. If you want to go along fine. If not that is fine also.

Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
"First, however, the land must be rid of its people, so that it can enjoy its complete rest, and they must pay the full penalty for having rejected my laws and my commands. 44 But even then, when they are still in the land of their enemies, I will not completely abandon them or destroy them."

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟516,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good day,

Yes

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you shall keep mine ordinances, and do them.

The call to repentance is a command (ordinance) He puts His Spirit in us and that is the primary , effective cause of our walking and keeping.

He gives, puts, takes away, (verbs) for an explicit purpose and intent and that can not be thwarted. He alone is the cause and that cause has an effect.

C.H Spurgeon We believe, that the work of regeneration, conversion, sanctification and faith, is not an act of man's free will and power, but of the mighty, efficacious and irresistible grace of God.

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jesus commanded His disciples to give up everything to follow Him,
and Jesus command the disciples to be holy (set apart), as our Father in heaven is set apart.
And Jesus command once or more: Go, Sin No More.
And finally, Jesus command : Meet Other People's Needs Before Your Own.

Upvote 0