Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Watch: Pro-Palestinian Protesters Breach US Military Supply Ship They Think Is Heading for Israel

A U.S. military supply ship was blocked from leaving an Oakland, California, port on Friday by pro-Palestinian protesters who believed the ship was going to carry a cargo of military equipment to Israel.​
Protesters locked themselves to the carrier Cape Orlando, which they said was going to bring weapons to Israel after loading up in Tacoma, Washington, according to KPIX-TV.​

Anti-Israel protesters vandalize White House gates, try to scale fence

New York police arrest hundreds after Israel-Hamas protest at Grand Central

London police make arrests in violent pro-Palestinian protest

jacorian

Dec 27, 2022
New England
✟15,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
We have not seen this level of anti-semitism in a long time. The public does not receive good information because journalism is basically gone. Some things I've learned. There is the idea that the land belongs to the Palestinians because of the British maneuvers circa 1948. Gee according to the Bible, the land was given to the Jewish people. Yes they got scattered-it's called the Diaspora but actually getting an official statehood does help. The Palestinians trace their heritage back to the Philistines & we know of one famous Philistine. I think I'll go with the minstrel shepherd instead. It may appear that modern day Jews were just European vagabonds or Russian vagabonds. This is not necessarily true. The Jewish line, which is traced thru the mother, goes way back to the Biblical times. The Jews were chased out by any number of parties along the way. I have more confidence in the Israelies in maintaining the unique status of Jerusalem, all the sacred sites & cultural landmarks for heritages. They are not out to violate these. The world values the status of Jerusalem as being a world capital to 3 religions. It is unfortunate that the ever presence of terrorism forces the number of security checkpoints & infrastructure to mitigate damage from explosions etc but again the Palestinians simply refuse to behave. Any of the terrorist groups are not for this land for peace deal. They simply cannot behave & many people would be concerned over Jerusalem. The Israelis had assigned the West Bank & Gaza to them. I think that is a pretty good offer. What positive things have the Palestinians contributed to humanity? Now one sees a bunch of armchair generals trying to call for a ceasefire. Have not we had enough ceasefires over the years & they have never brought peace. The Israelis dropped leaflets & also used media communication in Arabic. It is not in their interest to use munitions against civilizans. You don't eliminate incoming rockets by taking down someone's apartment, hello. What is going on at the college campus level & in some corners of Congress is despicable. Yes hate speech is free speech. But why so much hatred? Simple. The Jewish people have a tradition of success in education & profession. They have contributed something. They don't play the victim card. Even more appalling is for our VP to set up a mission to correct the Islamophobia in the US. Really? Here Israel is attacked. Sounds to me like they are more concerned about maintaining the vote from Michigan. For the most part, now 2 decades after 9-11, I don't think most Americans walk around with an Islamic complex. We see these people in grocery stores, in school, at work, etc. They have now been here. No one is going out to blow up mosques. We also have the pro-Palestinian crowd protesting in the halls of Congress. Hey you guys started it & they should be made aware that our Congress sends aid to the Palestinians. They should be thankful that John Q American gets no say in that matter.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟577,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Super-bad in Australia right now

Yes, other nations’ people will be divided too…that’s another, secondary, reason why “wars are bad”.
Tensions “at home“ will be exacerbated as a society revolves which way it will come down on the question.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟577,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, other nations’ people will be divided too…that’s another, secondary, reason why “wars are bad”.
Tensions “at home“ will be exacerbated as a society revolves which way it will come down on the question.
I've seen antisemitism first hand. And the people who are into it are some of the most evil souls I've come across.

There's something special about racism against Jews specifically. Something weird.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟577,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know what else is weird?

This:

"One man came back seeing "the ghost of a dead girl" in his kitchen, an apparition he believed was an Islamic State hex. Others began hearing voices. Some reported becoming overcome with intense, sudden emotions. Indeed, many of those deployed in artillery units "came home feeling cursed," The Times reported."

• Wow
Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I've seen antisemitism first hand. And the people who are into it are some of the most evil souls I've come across.

There's something special about racism against Jews specifically. Something weird.
I ran into a virulent antisemite some years ago and I at first I was amused thinking that this likable, articulate man is spouting the vilest accusations against Jewish people as satire, (“things an antisemite bigot says”); but it wasn’t him doing a “bit”, a caricature of a bigot…but the genuine article.

The cognitive dissonance was nauseating for a moment.

• Agree
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟577,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I ran into a virulent antisemite some years ago and I at first I was amused thinking that this likable, articulate man is spouting the vilest accusations against Jewish people as satire, (“things an antisemite bigot says”); but it wasn’t him doing a “bit”, a caricature of a bigot…but the genuine article.

The cognitive dissonance was nauseating for a moment.
Same. I laughed at first. Then I gulped.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Same. I laughed at first. Then I gulped.
But…I could still view him as likeable, with vile, (heinous even) views. His own humanity was not diminished (though if he were on the single side in “the trolley problem”, I’d have no compunctions.)

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟577,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But…I could still view him as likeable, with vile, (heinous even) views. His own humanity was not diminished (though if he were on the single side in “the trolley problem”, I’d have no compunctions.)
That same guy later lashed out at me twice on two occasions. But I hold *hard* grudges against psychopaths... I can't help it. I offer almost no forgiveness possibilities toward them, unless I see something remarkable.

Hence, "Beware".

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That same guy later lashed out at me twice on two occasions. But I hold *hard* grudges against psychopaths... I can't help it. I offer almost no forgiveness possibilities toward them, unless I see something remarkable.

Hence, "Beware".
Totally off topic: but should this “gentleman’s” Second Amendment rights be inviolate?

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟577,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Totally off topic: but should this “gentleman’s” Second Amendment rights be inviolate?
Sure. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to say how much I can't stand psychopathic anti-semite's.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
We have not seen this level of anti-semitism in a long time. The public does not receive good information because journalism is basically gone. Some things I've learned. There is the idea that the land belongs to the Palestinians because of the British maneuvers circa 1948. Gee according to the Bible, the land was given to the Jewish people. Yes they got scattered-it's called the Diaspora but actually getting an official statehood does help. The Palestinians trace their heritage back to the Philistines & we know of one famous Philistine. I think I'll go with the minstrel shepherd instead. It may appear that modern day Jews were just European vagabonds or Russian vagabonds. This is not necessarily true. The Jewish line, which is traced thru the mother, goes way back to the Biblical times. The Jews were chased out by any number of parties along the way. I have more confidence in the Israelies in maintaining the unique status of Jerusalem, all the sacred sites & cultural landmarks for heritages. They are not out to violate these. The world values the status of Jerusalem as being a world capital to 3 religions. It is unfortunate that the ever presence of terrorism forces the number of security checkpoints & infrastructure to mitigate damage from explosions etc but again the Palestinians simply refuse to behave. Any of the terrorist groups are not for this land for peace deal. They simply cannot behave & many people would be concerned over Jerusalem. The Israelis had assigned the West Bank & Gaza to them. I think that is a pretty good offer. What positive things have the Palestinians contributed to humanity? Now one sees a bunch of armchair generals trying to call for a ceasefire. Have not we had enough ceasefires over the years & they have never brought peace. The Israelis dropped leaflets & also used media communication in Arabic. It is not in their interest to use munitions against civilizans. You don't eliminate incoming rockets by taking down someone's apartment, hello. What is going on at the college campus level & in some corners of Congress is despicable. Yes hate speech is free speech. But why so much hatred? Simple. The Jewish people have a tradition of success in education & profession. They have contributed something. They don't play the victim card. Even more appalling is for our VP to set up a mission to correct the Islamophobia in the US. Really? Here Israel is attacked. Sounds to me like they are more concerned about maintaining the vote from Michigan. For the most part, now 2 decades after 9-11, I don't think most Americans walk around with an Islamic complex. We see these people in grocery stores, in school, at work, etc. They have now been here. No one is going out to blow up mosques. We also have the pro-Palestinian crowd protesting in the halls of Congress. Hey you guys started it & they should be made aware that our Congress sends aid to the Palestinians. They should be thankful that John Q American gets no say in that matter.
I think you and I are the only Orthodox on this site that think this way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟250,098.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Gee according to the Bible, the land was given to the Jewish people.
Most of the world don't believe the bible.
So for those people that don't believe the bible, they see that a bunch of white Europeans gave Arab/Palastinian land to the Jewish people.

Granted the Jewish people had a really hellish time in WWII, but if the British wanted to give the Jewish people land, they should have at least given them land that they owned. Perhaps half of England.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟577,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
if the British wanted to give the Jewish people land, they should have at least given them land that they owned. Perhaps half of England.
The Balfour Declararion only indirectly helped establish the Jewish State.

Balfour_declaration_unmarked.jpg

...It meant that Britain supported what was already happening. The Jewish people were the ones who bought the land, and settled there. The English merely acknowledged the prospect of their Nationhood.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟333,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I thought Israel was supposed to go to Gods people. But Jewish people rejected the Messiah/ Jesus. How would that land become the Jewish people? When they rejected Jesus?

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟27,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0