The King James Bible - Do we have an inerrant Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandplucked

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2004
✟4,973.00
Faith
Christian
Hi all. My name is Will Kinney and I am a King James Bible believer. Brother Freed Byte wished to have a debate/discussion about the Bible version issue, and I gladly accept. It is my position and belief that God has acted in history to give us an absolute Standard of written truth - a complete, inspired and infallible words of God Bible. I believe the King James Bible is this Book of the Lord and that all others are to varying degrees less than the inspired and 100% true words of the living God.

By saying I am King James Bible only, I mean that I believe it is the only infallible Bible on this earth. But I do NOT mean that only those who read and believe the KJB is God's infallible words are saved or true Christians. I do not believe that way at all. The gospel of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ is found in any bible out there in any language, no matter how corrupt it may be in other ways.

I also maintain that most Christians today do NOT believe in the inerrancy of the Bible - any Bible in any language. If FreedByte agrees to the topic, then we can begin discussing it. Thank you, and God bless.

Feb 2, 2013
✟19,178.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I accept this debate if the following piece is removed from the proposed topic

I also maintain that most Christians today do NOT believe in the inerrancy of the Bible - any Bible in any language.

because I believe it is a separate discussion. The main point of debate will be:

I believe the King James Bible is this Book of the Lord and that all others are to varying degrees less than the inspired and 100% true words of the living God.

I also propose the following negotiables:

brandplucked starting, since they are arguing the affirmative position and have the burden of proof
1000 word maximum post length
1 week maximum response time
3 alternating rounds

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2013
✟19,178.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I like Will how on earth someone can be saved by a perverted gospel, and which Jesus do they end up believing it, and how do versions that are not 100% be truth?

fyi, this is a debate proposal thread. a peanut gallery thread will also be created so that others can discuss the debate outside of the main debate thread

Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
fyi, this is a debate proposal thread. a peanut gallery thread will also be created so that others can discuss the debate outside of the main debate thread

O Really, did know there was some kind of rule that excludes the peanut gallery, maybe explain that better..

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2013
✟19,178.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
O Really, did know there was some kind of rule that excludes the peanut gallery, maybe explain that better..

You're not forbidden from discussing here as far as I know, I'm just letting you know that this isn't the right place to discuss since this thread won't be used after the debate starts. I recommend waiting for the peanut gallery thread to be created :)

Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You're not forbidden from discussing here as far as I know, I'm just letting you know that this isn't the right place to discuss since this thread won't be used after the debate starts. I recommend waiting for the peanut gallery thread to be created :)

Ok Thank for the clarification

Upvote 0

brandplucked

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2004
✟4,973.00
Faith
Christian

Originally Posted by brandplucked
I also maintain that most Christians today do NOT believe in the inerrancy of the Bible - any Bible in any language.

because I believe it is a separate discussion. The main point of debate will be:

brandplucked starting, since they are arguing the affirmative position and have the burden of proof
3 alternating rounds

Hi Freed. All sounds good, but this is an essential part of the argument - "I also maintain that most Christians today do NOT believe in the inerrancy of the Bible - any Bible in any language."

The reason for this is because you have no absolute Standard by which you sit in judgment on the King James Bible.

With that in view, I will begin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟839,478.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hi all. My name is Will Kinney and I am a King James Bible believer. Brother Freed Byte wished to have a debate/discussion about the Bible version issue, and I gladly accept. It is my position and belief that God has acted in history to give us an absolute Standard of written truth - a complete, inspired and infallible words of God Bible. I believe the King James Bible is this Book of the Lord and that all others are to varying degrees less than the inspired and 100% true words of the living God.

By saying I am King James Bible only, I mean that I believe it is the only infallible Bible on this earth. But I do NOT mean that only those who read and believe the KJB is God's infallible words are saved or true Christians. I do not believe that way at all. The gospel of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ is found in any bible out there in any language, no matter how corrupt it may be in other ways.

I also maintain that most Christians today do NOT believe in the inerrancy of the Bible - any Bible in any language. If FreedByte agrees to the topic, then we can begin discussing it. Thank you, and God bless.

3 alternating rounds

OK guys, this is not the debate thread. I will set up the actual debate tomorrow.

Brandplucked, I have removed your opening post from view and I will send it to you along with a link to the formal debate thread where you will be able to re-post it as the opening of your discussion.

For everyone else, when I have the formal debate thread set up I will post a link to it and to the Peanut Gallery thread.

Please refrain from posting anything other than the two opponents who may wish to further refine the parameters; if they don't I will set it up as suggested by FreedByte:
3 alternating rounds

Thanks for your patience.

Mark

Staff Supervisor

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2013
✟19,178.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Hi Freed. All sounds good, but this is an essential part of the argument - "I also maintain that most Christians today do NOT believe in the inerrancy of the Bible - any Bible in any language."

The reason for this is because you have no absolute Standard by which you sit in judgment on the King James Bible.

With that in view, I will begin.

If you want to try to prove both, that's fine. I was just trying to make it easier on you. So for this debate, you will have to prove two things:

• brandplucked said:
    the King James Bible is this Book of the Lord and that all others are to varying degrees less than the inspired and 100% true words of the living God.
  • brandplucked said:
    most Christians today do NOT believe in the inerrancy of the Bible - any Bible in any language.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟839,478.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
If you want to try to prove both, that's fine. I was just trying to make it easier on you. So for this debate, you will have to prove two things:

the King James Bible is this Book of the Lord and that all others are to varying degrees less than the inspired and 100% true words of the living God.
most Christians today do NOT believe in the inerrancy of the Bible - any Bible in any language.

FB and bp,

These are two separate topics where the only relationship to each other is that they are about the Bible. In my opinion, this is too diverse for one, short 3 round debate. I would suggest tackling one at a time in separate debates.

If you guys would like, I could set up one debate where the first three rounds would be dedicated to "the King James Bible is this Book of the Lord and that all others are to varying degrees less than the inspired and 100% true words of the living God." and the last three to "most Christians today do NOT believe in the inerrancy of the Bible - any Bible in any language."

This would be a total of six, and we could add one last round for summations of both topics. This we could do with no word limit for the final round.

I would be setting up the Peanut Gallery thread in the main General Theology forum, as these topics are of interest to the majority
of our Christian members.:):thumbsup:

Let me know how you would like to proceed.

I will check in with you guys tonight.

Mark
Area Supervisor

Upvote 0

brandplucked

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2004
✟4,973.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Mark. The main point is why I believe the King James Bible is God's infallible Book, but as a side issue is the fact that most Christians do not believe that ANY Bible is infallible. That is not the main topic, but it has to always be kept in mind that the people who argue against the KJB position have NO absolute Standard by which they sit in judgment on the KJB. Why? Because they are "originals only". Probably just three rounds will do, but if it develops into another specific topic for a later discussion, that would be fine too. Thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟839,478.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hi Mark. The main point is why I believe the King James Bible is God's infallible Book, but as a side issue is the fact that most Christians do not believe that ANY Bible is infallible. That is not the main topic, but it has to always be kept in mind that the people who argue against the KJB position have NO absolute Standard by which they sit in judgment on the KJB. Why? Because they are "originals only". Probably just three rounds will do, but if it develops into another specific topic for a later discussion, that would be fine too. Thanks.

Ok, will do tomorrow.:)

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟839,478.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
All is ready; the debate thread is set up and is located here:

Formal Debate - The King James Bible - Do we have an inerrant Bible?

The Peanut Gallery thread is here: Peanut Gallery - Formal Debate - The King James Bible - Do we have an inerrant

brandplucked, I will be sending your opening post to you via Private Message; you are free to copy and past it into the Formal Debate thread; feel free to edit it or make a new one if you like.

I am closing this thread; feel free to contact me via PM if you have any questions.

Please note that your posts will be moderated, which means that they will not be visible until they have been approved by staff.

Happy posting!:):thumbsup:

Mark
Area Supervisor.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.