Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have been trying to spend more time with the Lord lately. I am making an effprt to pray and read my Bible. I am trying to catch up o my reading. I find i like reading better than watching TV. I want to serve the Lord with my art and writing too. I find I start the day right by watching Joyce Meyer and praying, reading my Bible. I am trying to do some more exercise too, and eat healthier too. I think a lot of the stories in the Bible are fun and exciting, although some are sad and tragic. I like reading the psalms. I am reading in 2Kings the history of Israel and Judah. It is so sad all the idol worship and how many bad kings they were. That makes the good kings stand out all the more. No one is perfect, King David and his son King Solomon slid downward and forgot about God during the later years of their lives. King Solomon had too many wives, probably foreign princesses, he had to marry them as part of peace treaty with their kingdom, for trade agreements with their fathers the foreign kings. These pampered princesses brought their foreign idol gods with them when they married King Solomon.

I like the new testament and everything t tells us to become closer to God. The letters written by Paul are very helpful for defeating the devil. Then there are the stories about Jesus Christ, his miracles and his parables. I like the Good Samaritan and the Prodigal Son. Jesus had a lot of love and compassion, but little patience with hypocrites. I worry that I might be a hypocrite, I pray for God to fill me with his love, and forgive me for my sins, give me a good attitude.

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟28,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been trying to spend more time with the Lord lately. I am making an effprt to pray and read my Bible. I am trying to catch up o my reading. I find i like reading better than watching TV. I want to serve the Lord with my art and writing too. I find I start the day right by watching Joyce Meyer and praying, reading my Bible. I am trying to do some more exercise too, and eat healthier too. I think a lot of the stories in the Bible are fun and exciting, although some are sad and tragic. I like reading the psalms. I am reading in 2Kings the history of Israel and Judah. It is so sad all the idol worship and how many bad kings they were. That makes the good kings stand out all the more. No one is perfect, King David and his son King Solomon slid downward and forgot about God during the later years of their lives. King Solomon had too many wives, probably foreign princesses, he had to marry them as part of peace treaty with their kingdom, for trade agreements with their fathers the foreign kings. These pampered princesses brought their foreign idol gods with them when they married King Solomon.

I like the new testament and everything t tells us to become closer to God. The letters written by Paul are very helpful for defeating the devil. Then there are the stories about Jesus Christ, his miracles and his parables. I like the Good Samaritan and the Prodigal Son. Jesus had a lot of love and compassion, but little patience with hypocrites. I worry that I might be a hypocrite, I pray for God to fill me with his love, and forgive me for my sins, give me a good attitude.
Good for you!
Keep at it. Don't stop.
Pray for guidance in understanding the Bible even better.

One thing though. When did King David slid downward and forgot about God during the later years of his life?
Also, Is there anything particular, you would like to improve in?
If you can't say, pray specifically about it.

Upvote 0