The human body is a marvel. But why do you think God designed defecation to be so repugnant.

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Could it be symbolic of sin being discarded? Or?
I would like it if crap smelled better. Other than that, if you can’t expel your waste, you die. Good grief…it ain’t got nothing to do with sin. That’s a friggin stupid idea.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟966,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

FrankDougans

Nov 24, 2023
Los Angeles
✟8,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If it wasn't for defecation, we would have been dependent on chemical fertilisers for the growing of our food, which have only been available for the last century and some change.
Very true. Perhaps God is saying we can build on our previous sin/waste because it shows us our weaknesses.

Upvote 0

FrankDougans

Nov 24, 2023
Los Angeles
✟8,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Other than that, if you can’t expel your waste, you die.
You may have touched on something very important here. If we can't move beyond our sinful habits (making conscious choices to change), we don't grow as believers towards the Lord. And that is akin to spiritual death.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟108,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The smell is for safety reasons. God want us to avoid getting sick, that is why he designed things to have a bad smell, such as rotting food, or human waste such as feces. This is unrelated to sin, and fully related to science, biology to be precise. And God encourages us to study his creation, as said in the Psalms.

Psalm 111:2 Great are the works of the Lord, studied by all who delight in them.

• Agree
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

FrankDougans

Nov 24, 2023
Los Angeles
✟8,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The smell is for safety reasons. God want us to avoid getting sick, that is why he designed things to have a bad smell, such as rotting food, or human waste such as feces. This is unrelated to sin, and fully related to science, biology to be precise. And God encourages us to study his creation, as said in the Psalms.

Psalm 111:2 Great are the works of the Lord, studied by all who delight in them.
Oh absolutely, of course the smell is to alienate us from it and other things clearly bad for us. But I still think there are connections. I suppose one could see connections in everything if one looked hard enough but this to me is very clear. Why wouldn't God use nature to remind and instruct us? I see Biblical principles in nature everywhere I look. It makes sense for God to weave a masterful tapestry all of us to gaze upon and be uplifted with.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟108,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh absolutely, of course the smell is to alienate us from it and other things clearly bad for us. But I still think there are connections. I suppose one could see connections in everything if one looked hard enough but this to me is very clear. Why wouldn't God use nature to remind and instruct us? I see Biblical principles in nature everywhere I look. It makes sense for God to weave a masterful tapestry all of us to gaze upon and be uplifted with.
Maybe, but there is no way of telling if this is related to sin. What it is related to is being wise and careful, which is in the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The human body is not what God originally intended. For a start, Adam and Eve ate only fruit. Their metabolism was not the same as ours. Even though the human body is marred by sin, it is still an amazing testimony to God's wisdom and power.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everything God made was "good good, very good" - which means He didn't design anything foul. Therefore, heartache, suffering, pain, disease, death - and yes, foul bodily functions - must be a response to curse of sin in Eden.

I heard of a mother's love for her dying child riddled with cancer...and how those who come to visit will hurry from his bedside because of the foul smell...but not that mother. The stench of her pitiful sick child can never be too great to drive her away, his wretched condition will never be too much for her to bear.

We simply can't grasp how physically revolting we must be to the infinitely holy, unimaginably pure character of God Almighty, and all the more revolting due to man's sin...and yet "God so loved the world..." An inspired writer once said if the Cross isn't enough to move our hearts, all the fires of hell can't scare us into doing right. Thank you, Lord, for loving us so - please help us to love You and those You love the same.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would like it if crap smelled better. Other than that, if you can’t expel your waste, you die. Good grief…it ain’t got nothing to do with sin. That’s a friggin stupid idea.

You're probably right. And the stench from it is representitive of sin and the corruption of the world. It's a biological function that is necessary in the flesh.

But I bet we wont need TP in Heaven! In the twinkling of an eye, we will have spiritual bodies, like Jesus's resurrected body. I'm guessing that in Heaven our spiritual bodies will be 100% efficient and we will have no waste. But can eat still, obviously.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FrankDougans

Nov 24, 2023
Los Angeles
✟8,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Everything God made was "good good, very good" - which means He didn't design anything foul. Therefore, heartache, suffering, pain, disease, death - and yes, foul bodily functions - must be a response to curse of sin in Eden.

I heard of a mother's love for her dying child riddled with cancer...and how those who come to visit will hurry from his bedside because of the foul smell...but not that mother. The stench of her pitiful sick child can never be too great to drive her away, his wretched condition will never be too much for her to bear.

We simply can't grasp how physically revolting we must be to the infinitely holy, unimaginably pure character of God Almighty, and all the more revolting due to man's sin...and yet "God so loved the world..." An inspired writer once said if the Cross isn't enough to move our hearts, all the fires of hell can't scare us into doing right. Thank you, Lord, for loving us so - please help us to love You and those You love the same.
I must say that is one great analogy. And very well expressed.

Reactions: Phoneman-777
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I would like it if crap smelled better.
The smell comes from eating meat. If I do not eat meat, it does not smell. Also we have to have bacteria in our body to break down the meat. The Body has enzymes for the digestion of plants. We eat plants to show that we are all a part of creation.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The stench of her pitiful sick child can never be too great to drive her away,
A mother bonds with her child with oxytocin a powerful hormone. The drug companies sell a synthetic form of this.

Reactions: Phoneman-777
Upvote 0