Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Peter 2:4-5

Coming to Him as to a living stone, :wedding: rejected indeed by men, :| but chosen by God :holy: and precious, :sparkles: you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, :housegarden: a holy priesthood, :preach: to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. :groupray: :prayer:

This is comforting to read.

Because in this world we will be rejected by those who are of the world. Yet we are promised to being living stones which are built upon Jesus Christ, and that we are chosen by God is also very precious.

He has chosen us out from this world. And we are being set apart from the world, as we no longer belong to it! But we belong to the Lord! And we are set apart to be made holy.

Much Love in Christ Jesus! :amen:

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a lovely and true meditation....living stones.....precious.

Thank you and God bless you.

God bless you too!

I am reading in this book now, this is the chapter for today. Everything in God's Word is upbuilding, yet right now it felt as this got more sticking out, just as a strong reminder and encouragement for today, and also for the future. :)

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
God bless you too!

I am reading in this book now, this is the chapter for today. Everything in God's Word is upbuilding, yet right now it felt as this got more sticking out, just as a strong reminder and encouragement for today, and also for the future. :)

God's mysteries are perhaps too marvelous for our finite minds to grasp, yet, He gives us glimmers of for instance, "living stones" and how utterly inexplicable it is, yet there is a "theme" of these beautiful "stones"...He says something similar in Isaiah 54, when He says of the rejected, tossed aside wife....He says that He will surround her dwelling with "fair stones". (i love Isaiah 54). :)

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Peter 4:8-11

And above all things have fervent love for one another, :love: for love will cover a multitude of sins. :pciuu: Be hospitable to one another without grumbling. :puff: As each one has received a gift, :graduation: minister it to one another, :hi: as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. :love2:

If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. :preach: If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, :prayer: in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, :holy: to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. :clap:

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Peter 5:8-11

Be sober, :satisfied: be vigilant, :nowords: because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, :shutup: seeking whom he may devour. :sayan: Resist him, :nowords: steadfast in the faith, :idea1: knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. :love:

But may the God of all grace, :bigeye: who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strenghten, and settle you. :blink:To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. :cheer:

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Peter 3:1-7

Beloved, :groupray: I now write to you this second epistle :bustsinsilhouette:(in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), :diamonddot: that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, :oldman: and of the commandment of us, :holy: the apostles of the Lord and Savior, :crown:

knowing this first, :bustsilhouette: that scoffers will come in the last days, :zoro: walking according to their own lusts, :burglar: and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? :dontcare: For since the fathers fell asleep, :dead: all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation." :whistle:

For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, :sunrise: and the earth standing out of water and in the water, :fountain: by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. :ship: But the heavens and the earth which now exist are kept in store by the same word, :rainbow: reserved for fire until the day of judgement and perdition of ungodly men. :volcano:

His Word never stops to astonish me. Also looking at how the world has never changed, the hearts of all men and women are the same way as in times of old.

There is only a change when one becomes a new creature in Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
2 Peter 3:1-7

Beloved, :groupray: I now write to you this second epistle :bustsinsilhouette:(in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), :diamonddot: that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, :oldman: and of the commandment of us, :holy: the apostles of the Lord and Savior, :crown:

knowing this first, :bustsilhouette: that scoffers will come in the last days, :zoro: walking according to their own lusts, :burglar: and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? :dontcare: For since the fathers fell asleep, :dead: all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation." :whistle:

For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, :sunrise: and the earth standing out of water and in the water, :fountain: by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. :ship: But the heavens and the earth which now exist are kept in store by the same word, :rainbow: reserved for fire until the day of judgement and perdition of ungodly men. :volcano:

His Word never stops to astonish me. Also looking at how the world has never changed, the hearts of all men and women are the same way as in times of old.

There is only a change when one becomes a new creature in Christ.
@Crowned Princess Great verses there you quoted; good keep looking up (Hebrews 12.2).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks!

I am going to start today reading in the next book 1 John. :)
Oh I really love First John; so searching, and full of God's sovereign love and the Three Persons of the Trinity and of assurance!

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh I really love First John; so searching, and full of God's sovereign love and the Three Persons of the Trinity and of assurance!

Each book of the bible is precious and special to read, though the ones in the new testament are often very encouraging and comforting to read.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God bless you too!

It's indeed 'a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path' (Psalm 119.105). :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I would like to see deeper fellowship get more traffic than it usually does. This is a great forum that we can all enjoy. The Church in acts met daily for fellowship. Would you join me every day, in this thread, to fellowship together? :) You could share a psalm, song, scripture, or whatever seems edifying.
:heart: i pray all is well, my friend. You are missed. (((hug)))

iu

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. (Hebrews 11:1)

This is a part which the world mocks. As people from the world needs to see before they can believe, and if they don't see it they cannot believe in its existence.

Even though people do believe in the existence of the wind which they cannot see. They believe in the cold and hot air, also when this cannot be seen.

For Christians it is different, because we know of God's existence, even though we cannot see Him. His Creation is proof of His existence, there is truly no excuse for claiming any non-existance of God.

Romans 1:20

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."

Last edited:
Reactions: Quietus
Upvote 0