Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, anyone reading here about my slow progression through the Bible.

SANTOSO, thank you again. I see that you really do read what I write, and are not judgmental about my lack of knowledge and sometimes of understanding. I haven't gotten to John yet in my slow progression through the Bible, but that's interesting, calling anyone who follows Jesus' teaching His disciples. I had been wondering whether the instructions to the disciples apply to us, the ordinary people. Now I'll pay more attention to those.

From today's reading of Genesis and Matthew 24, I most thought about Matthew 24:15, which addresses a concern of mine. It talks about the end of days and says not to believe just anything you hear. "If anyone tells you 'There He out in the desert,' do not go out."
So what do we do? Who do we believe? I'm thinking that we're to keep relying on what we've believed all along, and wait for the final signs. "The sign of Jesus in the sky" and His actual return.
But I'm no expert, just reading along trying to understand what I can, and having what I can't understand at least in my mind, awaiting more clarity. It's happening. I'm understanding more, or at least I think I am, especially as connections keep appearing with what I've read before in this detailed encounter with the Bible, one book at a time.
I now read the Bible not as a critic, but as a student who is, so far, very much beneath the level of her teacher.
Beloved one, don’t wait for signs !

Are you looking for Jesus ?

Beloved one, consider this, that we have heard:
that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, -Ephesians 3:16
so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith'that you, being rooted and grounded in love, -Ephesians 3:17

Beloved one, we are able to perceive Jesus Jesus dwell in our hearts through Holy Spirit.

So why wait for signs ! When He is in our hearts !

For we also heard :
To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. -Colossians 1:27

Again, where apostle Paul told us where Jesus is !

Beloved one, why some of us perceive not ?

Consider again what apostle Paul told us :

that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, -Ephesians 5:26
so that he might present the church to himself in splendor,
without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. -Ephesians 5:27

Beloved ones, we are the church or the called ones that we should be sanctified by the word so that He may present us to Himself. If we are presented to Jesus, we will meet Him.

But why He has to sanctify us ?

When we were defiled, our hearts veiled, that we didn’t perceive that He is with us and in us.

So our hearts should perceive how He sanctifies us by His word. He sanctifies us because He loves us. So perceiving His sanctification, is perceiving His grace or His love.

Beloved one, if you are looking for Jesus, cleanse your heart and you will perceive or see that He loves you.

To God the Father be all glory and thanksgiving through Christ. Amen.

Upvote 0

Hoping

Regaining My Faith :)
Mar 8, 2022
USA, Southeast
✟10,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
SANTOSO, thank you again for your attention to my posts.

I am very tired right now due to things going on in my life and can't really get into long messages, good though they are, can't understand, really. I think I have to just read the Bible and maybe make a few comments here to help me bring together what I've read, and otherwise rest my mind.

I'm still reading the 2 chapters a day, and I've read for today, and am going to do a few simple things on the forums and then go chill out. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

Hoping

Mar 8, 2022
USA, Southeast
✟10,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
SANTOSO, thank you for calling that post friendly. I'm happy to know you still feel that way. It is somewhat in keeping with the rest of my post today.

Today I read Genesis and Matthew 26. I was impressed again by the way Jesus forgives His disciples for their failings. Not only the failures of faith--He doesn't say, "If that's the best you can do, just go away." And here, failing to stay awake and watch when He asks them to. He's disappointed, as He has been many times, and He tells them so. But they are still His disciples. Instead of "Go away; you are not worthy of me," He says, "Rise, let us go!" He still says US.

I am praying for all of us right now, apologizing for our failures and asking to be taken along with Him anyway. Maybe His example and His love will inspire us to do better, including those times when other people disappoint us.

Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved one, despite many things going on our lives, or those who disappointed us, we should daily pray that the Holy Spirit strengthens us to forgive. Though we cried often, though we were afflicted, time and time again let us come to Jesus, for His Spirit comforts us.

Let us consider we are healed by His wounds.
So when we were wounded, let us trust that He binds our wounds and love us, for we shall not lack His love.

To God the Father be thanksgiving through Christ. Amen.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hoping
Upvote 0

Hoping

Mar 8, 2022
USA, Southeast
✟10,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I'm back. I wish other people would post on this thread and tell what's been going on with them.

To be totally honest, I stopped reading the Bible for 5 days, although I never stopped praying. There's something I've prayed for for a long time, like 20 years--more faith. It doesn't come easily to me. I have a wide streak of skepticism, and I don't want it, not about God.

So I keep looking around on the internet, how to believe. Reading the Bible is the most frequent suggestion. I'm doing that. Sometimes I wonder if the problem is that I'm one of the ones God just doesn't want, although I'm not sure I believe that there are people He doesn't want, especially if they want Him.

I suppose if by faith you mean not giving up, I have a good bit of that. Maybe it just hasn't happened yet, the answer to my prayers, or maybe in this life I will always be troubled by doubt, but not in the next. Maybe God sees how much I want to be with Him, and it will turn out all right.

Upvote 0

CallofChrist

Site Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
St.Paul, MN
✟89,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mark 9:24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”

When we feel we need more faith, Jesus is still there, doing what he came to do, all along. He didn't reject anyone that came to him.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟588,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe His example and His love will inspire us to do better, including those times when other people disappoint us.
I think of what Jesus said to Peter . . .

"'Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may shift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.'" (in Luke 22:31-32)

This was before Peter denied Jesus three times > before Peter did that, already Jesus had prayed for Peter! I think this is an example, to show Jesus prays for us, even before we fail and sin. And Jesus prays according to His own faith and all His prayer can do with us.

I see that Jesus prayed that Peter would come back to Jesus and then to have strength, not only for himself, but the prayer of Christ made him also able to strengthen his brothers and sisters in Jesus.

So, Jesus is not only committed to solving our own problems, but Jesus prays for us to become all-loving.

Upvote 0

Margot Lugo

Apr 14, 2022
Chatsworth, CA
✟18,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I think of what Jesus said to Peter . . .

"'Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may shift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.'" (in Luke 22:31-32)

This was before Peter denied Jesus three times > before Peter did that, already Jesus had prayed for Peter! I think this is an example, to show Jesus prays for us, even before we fail and sin. And Jesus prays according to His own faith and all His prayer can do with us.

I see that Jesus prayed that Peter would come back to Jesus and then to have strength, not only for himself, but the prayer of Christ made him also able to strengthen his brothers and sisters in Jesus.

So, Jesus is not only committed to solving our own problems, but Jesus prays for us to become all-loving.
This was the first thing I read on the forum this morning. It is so nourishing. What a wonderful message and a great start to my day as it is 5:27 a.m. where I live. Thank you for your beautiful and thoughtfully written message that reached my heart! God Bless you!

Upvote 0

Hoping

Mar 8, 2022
USA, Southeast
✟10,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I've been away, suffering from a serious decrease in faith, but I think it's coming back. Until it did, I didn't think I should post as a Christian, but now, maybe it's okay. Maybe it was always okay since even when in that state, I was hoping for faith, and praying for it, and reading the Bible.
I've learned some things in this time, too, about what I really want, and how I'm going to act, although I know some will tell me that it's nothing I can do, only God. I'm going to try anyway. Maybe God, the Holy Spirit, gave me those ideas while I was so down.
It's good to see other people posting in here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Margot Lugo

Apr 14, 2022
Chatsworth, CA
✟18,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I've been away, suffering from a serious decrease in faith, but I think it's coming back. Until it did, I didn't think I should post as a Christian, but now, maybe it's okay. Maybe it was always okay since even when in that state, I was hoping for faith, and praying for it, and reading the Bible.
I've learned some things in this time, too, about what I really want, and how I'm going to act, although I know some will tell me that it's nothing I can do, only God. I'm going to try anyway. Maybe God, the Holy Spirit, gave me those ideas while I was so down.
It's good to see other people posting in here.
Hoping, I really like that you are so open as it sets a high example of keeping it real while keeping the faith.
He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” ~Matthew 17:20-21
Hoping, I'll be praying for you to have a renewed faith that surpasses all human understanding! God's Grace Be With you always!

• Friendly
Reactions: Hoping
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟588,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe God, the Holy Spirit, gave me those ideas while I was so down.
God does communicate by having us think things. But what He gives us is meant to be done in sharing with Him guiding us.

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

And what He does with us comes with us sharing together . . . not isolating us with what we want.

Upvote 0

Hoping

Mar 8, 2022
USA, Southeast
✟10,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
My new Bible came in the mail yesterday: CSB, large print. It's easy to read (visually) and easy to understand, and reportedly includes all the latest discoveries (as of 2017). I bought the cheap paper version; I have so many Bibles that it would feel wasteful to get a nice expensive one.
Besides this I have a paperback New Revised Standard and a cute tiny NIV, 4 inches by 6 inches, that can be held, fully opened, in one hand, or tucked into a compartment in a purse or the car.
I know that most if not all versions can be read free on the internet. I even found the even newer Literal translation there, but it was somewhat difficult to understand immediately. If there's a question I'll see if it will settle it.
I'm on Exodus 4 and Luke 6.

Upvote 0

Hoping

Mar 8, 2022
USA, Southeast
✟10,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for offering your thoughts. I'm not sure what you meant.
God does communicate by having us think things. But what He gives us is meant to be done in sharing with Him guiding us.

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13)

And what He does with us comes with us sharing together . . . not isolating us with what we want.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟588,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for offering your thoughts. I'm not sure what you meant.
Thank you for telling me that you are sure what I mean. I'll try to say it more clearly >

Sometimes, God can have us think of doing something that He wants. We might think it is our own idea :) It will be something good and encouraging, if it is God.

Upvote 0