WI
✟108,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
With Earth Day just around the corner, on April 22nd, it is imperative for us Christians to be good stewards of the Earth. These are three verses straight out of the Bible that urge us to take care of Creation. Rules: No debates allowed.

Date
April 21, 2024​
Verse
Genesis 2:15: "The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it."

Isaiah 24:4-6: "The earth dries up and withers, the world languishes and withers, the heavens languish with the earth. The earth is defiled by its people; they have disobeyed the laws, violated the statutes and broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore a curse consumes the earth; its people must bear their guilt. Therefore earth’s inhabitants are burned up, and very few are left."

Jeremiah 2:7: "I brought you into a fertile land to eat its fruit and rich produce. But you came and defiled my land and made my inheritance detestable."​
Explanation
These verses from the Bible, Genesis 2:15, Jeremiah 2:7, and Isaiah 24:4-6, speak to the relationship between humanity and the Earth, highlighting our role as stewards and the consequences of disobedience and neglect.

Genesis 2:15 sets the stage for God placing Adam in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it, indicating a divine mandate for humans to tend to the Earth. This responsibility extends beyond just working the land but also involves taking good care of it.

Jeremiah 2:7 emphasizes God's provision of a fertile land for His people to enjoy its fruit and rich produce, but they defiled it instead. This verse serves as a reminder that we are not the owners of the Earth but rather caretakers, and our actions have consequences on the land and future generations.

Isaiah 24:4-6 speaks of the Earth being defiled by its people due to their disobedience and violation of divine laws. The passage suggests a curse upon the Earth, leading to scarcity and destruction. This verse relates to modern issues such as anthropogenic global warming and pollution in that human actions are causing detrimental effects on the Earth, ultimately affecting its ability to sustain life as intended.​
Life Anecdote
In the context of our modern world, these verses call us to be good stewards of the Earth and apply biblical principles to mitigate environmental degradation. Here are some ways we can apply these verses to our lives in 2024:

1. Cultivate a mindset of care and respect for the Earth as God's creation, acknowledging our responsibility to tend to it.
2. Reduce our carbon footprint by using renewable energy sources such as wind and solar and adopting ecological practices in daily life (ex. composting, using energy efficient LED bulbs, riding a bike to the store, driving small fuel-efficient Japanese hybrids/crossovers).
3. Support and advocate for environmentally sustainable policies, including reducing plastic use, promoting recycling, investing in public transport & mixed-use urban developments, and minimizing waste.
4. Practice conservation by preserving natural resources and protecting habitats for various species.
5. Educate ourselves and others about the importance of caring for the Earth as a moral imperative, rather than just an environmental concern.
6. Pray for God's guidance in our efforts to be good stewards of the Earth and ask for His help in overcoming challenges related to caring for creation.​

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The first things Christians should address is what is the earth from a spiritual perspective. The bible says a great deal about the earth and related scriptures concerning the wind, water and fire. All must be studied to unpack the real application of our dominion. We're more than stewards.

More importantly, dominion was given to man with no distinction for belief. We should familiarize ourselves with man's machinations as they pertain to the earth and weather and pray accordingly. While believers are ignorant of the spiritual principles noted the others aren't. They're widely known.

~bella

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟108,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The first things Christians should address is what is the earth from a spiritual perspective. The bible says a great deal about the earth and related scriptures concerning the wind, water and fire. All must be studied to unpack the real application of our dominion. We're more than stewards.

More importantly, dominion was given to man with no distinction for belief. We should familiarize ourselves with man's machinations as they pertain to the earth and weather and pray accordingly. While believers are ignorant of the spiritual principles noted the others aren't. They're widely known.

~bella
What are you trying to say? That we should rape the land for mining Tesla batteries, or drill for oil for billionaires private jets?

I like your posts, but your posts sometimes seem indirect and vague.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
What are you trying to say? That we should rape the land for mining Tesla batteries, or drill for oil for billionaires private jets?

I like your posts, but your posts sometimes seem indirect and vague.

How did you make that leap? The opening is clear. You're addressing Christians. Why wouldn't they study the spiritual principles of things mentioned in the bible? I mentioned a connection. It's up to the reader to explore it if they want to know more. Things of God must be unearthed. They aren't dropped in your lap.

~bella

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟108,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How did you make that leap? The opening is clear. You're addressing Christians. Why wouldn't they study the spiritual principles of things mentioned in the bible? I mentioned a connection. It's up to the reader to explore it if they want to know more. Things of God must be unearthed. They aren't dropped in your lap.

~bella
Sorry for jumping to conclusions. You just did not state if you agreed with my Bible study or not, so I made the assumption that you were another denier.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sorry for jumping to conclusions. You just did not state if you agreed with my Bible study or not, so I made the assumption that you were another denier.

It's okay. I'm pretty straight forward. If I disagree I'll say it. :)

You may want to look into weather manipulation in light of your concerns. There's a YouTube video about the snow. It wasn't real and wouldn't melt.

~bella

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟108,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's okay. I'm pretty straight forward. If I disagree I'll say it. :)

You may want to look into weather manipulation in light of your concerns. There's a YouTube video about the snow. It wasn't real and wouldn't melt.

~bella
Hey, thank you. Yes, but I do not like YouTube that much, as it has become a clickbait haven. You can make a post about that in the science or news forums though. Cloud seeding is a thing though.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟527,913.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With Earth Day just around the corner, on April 22nd, it is imperative for us Christians to be good stewards of the Earth. These are three verses straight out of the Bible that urge us to take care of Creation. Rules: No debates allowed.

Date
April 21, 2024​
Verse
Genesis 2:15: "The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it."

Isaiah 24:4-6: "The earth dries up and withers, the world languishes and withers, the heavens languish with the earth. The earth is defiled by its people; they have disobeyed the laws, violated the statutes and broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore a curse consumes the earth; its people must bear their guilt. Therefore earth’s inhabitants are burned up, and very few are left."

Jeremiah 2:7: "I brought you into a fertile land to eat its fruit and rich produce. But you came and defiled my land and made my inheritance detestable."​
Explanation
These verses from the Bible, Genesis 2:15, Jeremiah 2:7, and Isaiah 24:4-6, speak to the relationship between humanity and the Earth, highlighting our role as stewards and the consequences of disobedience and neglect.

Genesis 2:15 sets the stage for God placing Adam in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it, indicating a divine mandate for humans to tend to the Earth. This responsibility extends beyond just working the land but also involves taking good care of it.

Jeremiah 2:7 emphasizes God's provision of a fertile land for His people to enjoy its fruit and rich produce, but they defiled it instead. This verse serves as a reminder that we are not the owners of the Earth but rather caretakers, and our actions have consequences on the land and future generations.

Isaiah 24:4-6 speaks of the Earth being defiled by its people due to their disobedience and violation of divine laws. The passage suggests a curse upon the Earth, leading to scarcity and destruction. This verse relates to modern issues such as anthropogenic global warming and pollution in that human actions are causing detrimental effects on the Earth, ultimately affecting its ability to sustain life as intended.​
Life Anecdote
In the context of our modern world, these verses call us to be good stewards of the Earth and apply biblical principles to mitigate environmental degradation. Here are some ways we can apply these verses to our lives in 2024:

1. Cultivate a mindset of care and respect for the Earth as God's creation, acknowledging our responsibility to tend to it.
2. Reduce our carbon footprint by using renewable energy sources such as wind and solar and adopting ecological practices in daily life (ex. composting, using energy efficient LED bulbs, riding a bike to the store, driving small fuel-efficient Japanese hybrids/crossovers).
3. Support and advocate for environmentally sustainable policies, including reducing plastic use, promoting recycling, investing in public transport & mixed-use urban developments, and minimizing waste.
4. Practice conservation by preserving natural resources and protecting habitats for various species.
5. Educate ourselves and others about the importance of caring for the Earth as a moral imperative, rather than just an environmental concern.
6. Pray for God's guidance in our efforts to be good stewards of the Earth and ask for His help in overcoming challenges related to caring for creation.​
We must all be good stewards of the earth through conservation within our own scope. Each one's walk in life brings different responsibilities. We keep the faith though remembering God's Great and Precious Promises while doing so:

Genesis 8:21-22:
21 The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

22 “As long as the earth endures,
seedtime and harvest,
cold and heat,
summer and winter,
day and night
will never cease.”

In all things we must remember to love our neighbor as ourselves and love does no harm to his neighbor.Therefore we should live and act accordingly.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟108,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We must all be good stewards of the earth through conservation within our own scope. Each one's walk in life brings different responsibilities. We keep the faith though remembering God's Great and Precious Promises while doing so:

Genesis 8:21-22:
21 The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground because of humans, even though every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

22 “As long as the earth endures,
seedtime and harvest,
cold and heat,
summer and winter,
day and night
will never cease.”

In all things we must remember to love our neighbor as ourselves and love does no harm to his neighbor.Therefore we should live and act accordingly.
That is true. And yes, there will still be winters during global warming. But being good stewards is important. Even if Musk, China, the US government and big oil are not being good stewards, we can still try our best to prevent folks in India and other tropical nations from getting more harsh heatwaves. For me, I run my A/C at 77-78 degrees F (25 C) during the summer, except at night, where it goes down automatically to 74 degrees. During the winter, my heat is set low, within reason.

Heat Wave Article: Climate Change made devastating early heat in India and Pakistan 30 times more likely – World Weather Attribution
Winters will still happen: Global warming and worsening winters - Smart Growth America

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟285,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The problem is that our economy as been tied with pollution since the industrial revolution. That is why there has been such resistance to acknowledging climate change and the need to find renewable energy sources....even to clean up air and water.

But get a load of this:

Association of Long-term Exposure to Air Pollution With Late-Life Depression in Older Adults in the US​

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0