US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I four days ago found out that some homeopathy is poisonous. Homeopathy is not able to be digested. It stays in the stomach. It stays in the persons body and never digests. There are many different homeopathy remedies. I used Ignatia Amara, Pulsatilla and Chamomilla. Ignatia Amara and Pulsatilla are poisonous. I found out that I have been poisoned and that my symptoms are that of being poisoned ( I took Ignatia Amara and Pulsatilla around the age of 24. I am 31 now) . I have found out by speaking with a naturopath that I am being poisoned and that I will get worse and that I could die from any time from poisoning. I was told that a extremely large amount of people are poisoned by homeopathy. I was told that many people suffer like me. I was told that many people have sued and are suing homeopathy companies because of the poison oil. Homeopathy is an oil product. Some of the oils are poisonous. Ignatia Amara and Pulsatilla are poisonous. The naturopath told me an extremely large amount of people are poisoned by homeopathy and are ill and dying. The naturopath told me that homeopaths are not aware that homeopathy is poisonous and say that the amount of poison in it is so small that it does not hurt anyone. Poison is always poisonous. Please pray with me that Homeopathy will become illegal and that I will have peace that I am dying from poisoning. The naturopath told me that she is aware of a person poisoned from homeopathy poison oil, living untill 88 and others dying early. She has told me that she knows of babies treated with homeopathy poison oil dying. Please pray for me and please pray that homeopathy be made illegal.

Ignatia Amara is poisonous
Ignatius Bean: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Dosage, and Warning

Pulsatilla is poisonous
Pulsatilla - Wikipedia

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Just so you know - When you are taking homeopathy you are ingesting water - nothing more and nothing less.

There has been ZERO clinical trials or ZERO double blinded research showing either an active ingredient or therapeutic effect that is greater than placebo. There is also ZERO research confirming the professed physiological action of homeopathy. (Though their is an abundance of quasi experimental designs that lack any scientific inquiry standards)

Thus you are ingesting a small dose of very expensive water.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I four days ago found out that some homeopathy is poisonous. Homeopathy is not able to be digested. It stays in the stomach. It stays in the persons body and never digests. There are many different homeopathy remedies. I used Ignatia Amara, Pulsatilla and Chamomilla. Ignatia Amara and Pulsatilla are poisonous. I found out that I have been poisoned and that my symptoms are that of being poisoned ( I took Ignatia Amara and Pulsatilla around the age of 24. I am 31 now) . I have found out by speaking with a naturopath that I am being poisoned and that I will get worse and that I could die from any time from poisoning. I was told that a extremely large amount of people are poisoned by homeopathy. I was told that many people suffer like me. I was told that many people have sued and are suing homeopathy companies because of the poison oil. Homeopathy is an oil product. Some of the oils are poisonous. Ignatia Amara and Pulsatilla are poisonous. The naturopath told me an extremely large amount of people are poisoned by homeopathy and are ill and dying. The naturopath told me that homeopaths are not aware that homeopathy is poisonous and say that the amount of poison in it is so small that it does not hurt anyone. Poison is always poisonous. Please pray with me that Homeopathy will become illegal and that I will have peace that I am dying from poisoning. The naturopath told me that she is aware of a person poisoned from homeopathy poison oil, living untill 88 and others dying early. She has told me that she knows of babies treated with homeopathy poison oil dying. Please pray for me and please pray that homeopathy be made illegal.

Pulsatilla is poisonous
Pulsatilla - Wikipedia
Bluerose, please do not be distressed and think that you have been poisoned. The amounts used in homeopathy will NOT kill you. The amounts would have to be very large.
If in doubt, simply stop using any homeopathic remedies.
God bless you and give you peace in your heart.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just so you know - When you are taking homeopathy you are ingesting water - nothing more and nothing less.

There has been ZERO clinical trials or ZERO double blinded research showing either an active ingredient or therapeutic effect that is greater than placebo. There is also ZERO research confirming the professed physiological action of homeopathy. (Though their is an abundance of quasi experimental designs that lack any scientific inquiry standards)

Thus you are ingesting a small dose of very expensive water.
Zoii there is active ingredients in homeopathy. I will show you Ignatia Amara on the Boiron homeopathy website
Ignatia amara
If you look under "Ingredients" it shows Ignatia Amara.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bluerose, please do not be distressed and think that you have been poisoned. The amounts used in homeopathy will NOT kill you. The amounts would have to be very large.
If in doubt, simply stop using any homeopathic remedies.
God bless you and give you peace in your heart.
The thing is that I took Ignatia Amara and Pulsatilla. They are both poisonous. My naturopath told me that even a small amount of poison is poisonous and damages the body more and more. Homeopathy does not leave the body.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Zoii there is active ingredients in homeopathy. I will show you Ignatia Amara on the Boiron homeopathy website
Ignatia amara
Hmm.... well no the idea is that they take an ingredient and dilute it to such an extent, it effectively cannot be detected....... that's pretty well saying its dilution is to a point that its effectively water. Indeed that it the main criticism of homeopathy - ie that its simply water administered.

However, even if you assert a miniscule active ingredient remains, its is of such a great dilution as to be ineffective and of no consequence.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The thing is that I took Ignatia Amara and Pulsatilla. They are both poisonous. My naturopath told me that even a small amount of poison is poisonous and damages the body more and more. Homeopathy does not leave the body.
With all due respect to the naturopath, she has unnecessarily alarmed you and if he/she truly believes what he/she says, it only serves to demonstrate why they are not doctors or nurses and explains why naturopaths are not registered with a health professionals board.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Pulsatilla is poisonous
Pulsatilla - Wikipedia

I'm sorry you're experiencing so much fear and anxiety. I really encourage you to see a reputable medical doctor rather than a naturopath for a thorough physical checkup and to talk about your concerns. I think that could bring you peace.

Homeopathy is not harmless, but its gravest danger is generally when it is used as a substitute for necessary medical and preventive care. People have been duped into believing it's a valid alternative for healthcare, and that's unethical and harmful. But I don't think your exposure to it many years ago is a cause for distress now. This isn't to say that you should ignore your feelings about it, but try to not worry too much. Anything has the potential to be toxic and harmful. There's a saying "the dose makes the poison." As the Wikipedia link for pulsatilla notes, it is highly toxic, but excess doses are what cause severe harm. The amount used in homeopathy would be very tiny. I don't think it's true that it never is digested, but I'm not a physician.

I don't think you need to worry, but I do think you may feel more reassured if you get confirmation from professionals. You could write to Poison Control and explain the situation and seek their feedback: Poison Control expert help online or by phone It's important to tell them what you took, approximately how much, and when.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hmm.... well no the idea is that they take an ingredient and dilute it to such an extent, it effectively cannot be detected....... that's pretty well saying its dilution is to a point that its effectively water. Indeed that it the main criticism of homeopathy - ie that its simply water administered.

However, even if you assert a miniscule active ingredient remains, its is of such a great dilution as to be ineffective and of no consequence.
My naturopath told me that even a small amount of poison is still poisonous. It is. Many of the homeopathy products are poisonous. They stay in the body. Homeopathy is oil products. The poison homeopathy products poison people. Homeopathy is made from plants and made into an oil that is then made into a pellet, ointment, gel, spray/drops, creams and tablets. The homeopathy with poison ingredients are poisonous.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
With all due respect to the naturopath, she has unnecessarily alarmed you and if he/she truly believes what he/she says, it only serves to demonstrate why they are not doctors or nurses and explains why naturopaths are not registered with a health professionals board.
It is that-even small amounts of poison are still poisonous. Some homeopathy has poison as ingredients.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry you're experiencing so much fear and anxiety. I really encourage you to see a reputable medical doctor rather than a naturopath for a thorough physical checkup and to talk about your concerns. I think that could bring you peace.

Homeopathy is not harmless, but its gravest danger is generally when it is used as a substitute for necessary medical and preventive care. People have been duped into believing it's a valid alternative for healthcare, and that's unethical and harmful. But I don't think your exposure to it many years ago is a cause for distress now. This isn't to say that you should ignore your feelings about it, but try to not worry too much. Anything has the potential to be toxic and harmful. There's a saying "the dose makes the poison." As the Wikipedia link for pulsatilla notes, it is highly toxic, but excess doses are what cause severe harm. The amount used in homeopathy would be very tiny. I don't think it's true that it never is digested, but I'm not a physician.

I don't think you need to worry, but I do think you may feel more reassured if you get confirmation from professionals. You could write to Poison Control and explain the situation and seek their feedback: Poison Control expert help online or by phone It's important to tell them what you took, approximately how much, and when.
It is that-even a small amount of poison is still poisonous. Many of the homeopathy products have poison as the ingredient. Homeopathy is not able to be digested, it is an oil that is not able to be digested and it stays in the body.
Thank you so much for sharing the information on Poison Control. I will contact them and tell them about Homeopathy and the poisonous ones I took.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It is that-even small amounts of poison are still poisonous. Some homeopathy has poison as ingredients.
Well, I am just wanting to assure you that if you have used the product, not to be worried you are poisoned. What the naturopath may not have explained to you, is that anything can be a poison. We all need, for example, electrolytes in our diet eg Potassium. But if you take too much of any electrolyte it becomes toxic - ie poisonous.

The active ingredient you have ingested is likely to be so dilute as to be ineffective.

That said, if you have concerns or feel unwell, its best you speak with a doctor or registered nurse, who have a far far greater understanding of pathophysiology, medications and treatments. But I am sure that the homeopathy remedy you took will be quite inert.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is that-even small amounts of poison are still poisonous.
I think that needs qualification. Poisonous herbs have long been in use to treat medical conditions. There are three classes of herb: food, medicinal, and poisonous. According to Stephen Buhner in Healing Lyme, even poisonous herbs such as hemlock can be used in treatment. You really have to know what you're doing, of course, so I'm not endorsing it.

The key is dosing. Anything can be poisonous. Too much alcohol can kill you. Too much of very common substances can kill you. But poisons in small controlled doses are used very often in medicine. Chemotherapy is poisonous, and that is used to advantage to target cells replicating uncontrollably. Too much antibiotics can kill you. Ditto, neurotropics, sleeping pills, etc. Most medicines these days have relative low fatal/normal dose ratios.

I think you've gotten wrong information from this naturopath, unless you were improperly dosed with the herbs and his comments were from that perspective. I would suggest a second opinion, or even just ask the question at a naturopathic online forum.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Whatever you are being taking as a homeopathic remedy should have parts per billion or less of the "active ingredient". If there is even a small percentage (say 1% to 4%) then you are ingesting an herbal remedy of some sort, not a homeopathic remedy. "Proper" homeopathic remedies are diluted to the point where it becomes statistically impossible for even a molecule of the "active ingredient" to remain in the remedy.

Your naturopath doesn't know they're talking about. The body has a natural method of removing poisons from the body. It's called the liver and the urinary system. There are very few, and I cannot think of any poisonous substances that simply build up over time (other than heavy metals and you're not ingesting any of those). Also if they told you "homeopathy does not leave the body" they are feeding you absolute rubbish. First off, one would say "a homeopathic remedy" does not leave the body. But that's not true. More importantly, since homeopathic remedies are nothing but diluted water, you urinate that out within 4-8 hours. So how, exactly, is it supposed to "not leave the body"?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It is that-even a small amount of poison is still poisonous. Many of the homeopathy products have poison as the ingredient.

A homeopathic dilution of 1X means there is a maximum of 10% of the ingredient in it.
A dilution of 2X means there is a maximum of 1%.
3X means .1%.
In order to get below Avogadro's number, you only need a dilution of 12C.
Alternative Medicine

Homeopathy is not able to be digested, it is an oil that is not able to be digested and it stays in the body.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about, because homeopathic remedies are prepared with water, not oil and I'm not aware of any oil that the FDA would allow to be used in a remedy (if they used oil in remedies instead of water) that either cannot be digest or would "stay in the body".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ignatia amara
  • Ignatia amara 3X to 30X - 3C to 30C HPUS
What dilution were you taking? 3X means only .1%

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, I am just wanting to assure you that if you have used the product, not to be worried you are poisoned. What the naturopath may not have explained to you, is that anything can be a poison. We all need, for example, electrolytes in our diet eg Potassium. But if you take too much of any electrolyte it becomes toxic - ie poisonous.

The active ingredient you have ingested is likely to be so dilute as to be ineffective.

That said, if you have concerns or feel unwell, its best you speak with a doctor or registered nurse, who have a far far greater understanding of pathophysiology, medications and treatments. But I am sure that the homeopathy remedy you took will be quite inert.
Many of the homeopathy products are sadly poisonous. On the labels it says which plant is in it, sometimes the plant is poisonous.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think that needs qualification. Poisonous herbs have long been in use to treat medical conditions. There are three classes of herb: food, medicinal, and toxic. They all are used in treatment. The key is dosing. Anything can be poisonous. Too much alcohol can kill you. Too much of very common substances can kill you. But poisons in small controlled doses are used very often in medicine. Chemotherapy is poisonous, and that is used to advantage to target cells replicating uncontrollably. Too much antibiotics can kill you. Ditto, neurotrophics, sleeping pills, etc. Most medicines these days have relative low killing dose factors.

I think you've gotten wrong information from this naturopath, unless you were improperly dosed with the herbs and his comments were from that perspective. I would suggest a second opinion, or even just ask the question at a naturopathic online forum.
Many of the homeopathy products are sadly poisonous. It is that, the ingredient for many of them are poisonous plants. There are many lawsuits happening every day against homeopathy. There are many articles online about homeopathy company's being sued because many homeopathy products are poisonous.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Whatever you are being taking as a homeopathic remedy should have parts per billion or less of the "active ingredient". If there is even a small percentage (say 1% to 4%) then you are ingesting an herbal remedy of some sort, not a homeopathic remedy. "Proper" homeopathic remedies are diluted to the point where it becomes statistically impossible for even a molecule of the "active ingredient" to remain in the remedy.

Your naturopath doesn't know they're talking about. The body has a natural method of removing poisons from the body. It's called the liver and the urinary system. There are very few, and I cannot think of any poisonous substances that simply build up over time (other than heavy metals and you're not ingesting any of those). Also if they told you "homeopathy does not leave the body" they are feeding you absolute rubbish. First off, one would say "a homeopathic remedy" does not leave the body. But that's not true. More importantly, since homeopathic remedies are nothing but diluted water, you urinate that out within 4-8 hours. So how, exactly, is it supposed to "not leave the body"?
Homeopathy is oil( it can be made into sprays, pellets, ointments etc.) and it does not digest. Some are poisonous. One that I took was Ignatia Amara, it is a poisonous plant. There are many lawsuits happening against homeopathy companies each day. There are many articles online about lawsuits against homeopathy because some homeopathy is poisonous.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A homeopathic dilution of 1X means there is a maximum of 10% of the ingredient in it.
A dilution of 2X means there is a maximum of 1%.
3X means .1%.
In order to get below Avogadro's number, you only need a dilution of 12C.
Alternative Medicine

I'm not really sure what you're talking about, because homeopathic remedies are prepared with water, not oil and I'm not aware of any oil that the FDA would allow to be used in a remedy (if they used oil in remedies instead of water) that either cannot be digest or would "stay in the body".
I will show you one that I took. It is poisonous. It is Ignatia Amara.
Ignatia amara
Under "ingredients" It shows that the active Ingredient is Ignatia Amara.

Upvote 0