newburgh
✟116,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can a donkey talk? Not that I know of. But what I know is limited. Also, if the Bible, the Word of God, says it them I believe it. As Jesus says in Matthew 19:26. “.. [W]ith God all things are possible.” Our religion is based on faith in the Almighty. Whereas with man it’s a matter of truth, with God it’s a matter of faith. If we call God into question, we are applying man’s concept of earthly truth. But we can accept anything that’s written in the Bible about God as being the truth without spending time analyzing it.

Before I was born-again and seeped in the Bible, in my confirmation class the teacher read the part on the Bible, in the Book of Numbers, that said the donkey talked. As a 14-year-old, I started laughing, thinking it was a joke. Then again, I had no acceptance of things being possible beyond man’s conception of the truth, unless it came from a fairy tale. In a twisted way, we can believe something that comes from a fairy tale, even though we also know that nothing in a fairy tale is true.

How would you react if a person claimed to be Jesus? Back in the 70’s, a poisoned Kook-Aid chugging self-named reverend named Jim Jones claimed to be a reincarnation of Jesus. The people who drank that Kool-Aid apparently believed him somehow.

Now there are a lot of Passages in the Bible that says that Jesus will return. So, we can have faith that he will return since it says so in the Bible. But there is enough in the Bible to get us to apply our earthly concept of the truth.

How do we know that someone like Jim Jones is not a reincarnation of Jesus? Well, Jesus, with his devotion to God who would not condone the premeditated killing of innocent people as Jim Jones did when he ladled out the poisoned Kool-Aid (Better known as Flavor Aid) to his “flock,” would likewise not have gone in that direction. And the Bible puts us on alert by telling us through Verses like Matthew 7:15 to “Beware of false prophets...” those are Jesus’ words. And 1 John 4:1 says to “test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.”

Could there ever be a talking donkey in our time? To reiterate, with God, nothing is impossible. But before you make an a$$ of yourself claiming you heard a donkey talk, or any animal for that matter, apply the truth test. Consider the context in which you believe the donkey supposedly talked. Did it happen while you were on your way or about to commit a sin as the donkey’s owner was about to do in Numbers? Is there anyone nearby who is a ventriloquist perhaps? And be mindful that, in terms of reality, there hasn’t been another talking donkey in the succeeding thousands of years...

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟110,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can a donkey talk? Not that I know of. But what I know is limited. Also, if the Bible, the Word of God, says it them I believe it. As Jesus says in Matthew 19:26. “.. [W]ith God all things are possible.” Our religion is based on faith in the Almighty. Whereas with man it’s a matter of truth, with God it’s a matter of faith. If we call God into question, we are applying man’s concept of earthly truth. But we can accept anything that’s written in the Bible about God as being the truth without spending time analyzing it.

Before I was born-again and seeped in the Bible, in my confirmation class the teacher read the part on the Bible, in the Book of Numbers, that said the donkey talked. As a 14-year-old, I started laughing, thinking it was a joke. Then again, I had no acceptance of things being possible beyond man’s conception of the truth, unless it came from a fairy tale. In a twisted way, we can believe something that comes from a fairy tale, even though we also know that nothing in a fairy tale is true.

How would you react if a person claimed to be Jesus? Back in the 70’s, a poisoned Kook-Aid chugging self-named reverend named Jim Jones claimed to be a reincarnation of Jesus. The people who drank that Kool-Aid apparently believed him somehow.

Now there are a lot of Passages in the Bible that says that Jesus will return. So, we can have faith that he will return since it says so in the Bible. But there is enough in the Bible to get us to apply our earthly concept of the truth.

How do we know that someone like Jim Jones is not a reincarnation of Jesus? Well, Jesus, with his devotion to God who would not condone the premeditated killing of innocent people as Jim Jones did when he ladled out the poisoned Kool-Aid (Better known as Flavor Aid) to his “flock,” would likewise not have gone in that direction. And the Bible puts us on alert by telling us through Verses like Matthew 7:15 to “Beware of false prophets...” those are Jesus’ words. And 1 John 4:1 says to “test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.”

Could there ever be a talking donkey in our time? To reiterate, with God, nothing is impossible. But before you make an a$$ of yourself claiming you heard a donkey talk, or any animal for that matter, apply the truth test. Consider the context in which you believe the donkey supposedly talked. Did it happen while you were on your way or about to commit a sin as the donkey’s owner was about to do in Numbers? Is there anyone nearby who is a ventriloquist perhaps? And be mindful that, in terms of reality, there hasn’t been another talking donkey in the succeeding thousands of years...
Well, there are no talking donkeys in our time, and miracles are extremely rare. But, there have been instances of Eucharistic Miracles, where bread in the Catholic church turns into flesh.

Eucharistic Miracles [Not for those under age of 15, due to image of blood on a cloth and mentions of youth mental health]: https://sfarchdiocese.org/modern-da...ope-and-evidence-that-jesus-is-the-eucharist/

Upvote 0