When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another thing to consider, suppose you do these types of things in churches, and it's so successful that everyone, and I mean everyone, gets those warm-fuzzies all day as a result. You tell each other, it God's love flowing all through us and someone actually believes that, such as that unbeliever who suddenly believes he has now 'found' God.

But they didn't. What they found instead was mental manipulation with a deceptive and perverse label.

To be honest, I reckon much of the worship in churches falls into this category anyway.

There are some of the modern worship songs I can no longer sing because they make me feel repulsed after the way they I've seen them abused in services to lead people into what I can only describe as emotional upheaval.

Reactions: heron
Upvote 0

Feelgood

Knowledge is Key
Dec 28, 2009
✟15,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey Rita! How are you? I think you may have missed the point here a little!
Nobody is saying it is wrong to listen to music.
I personally listen to jazz, soul, rock, hiphop, funk, classical and more.
Do you truly know what Binaural is?
Most people do not understand so nothing wrong or unusual about that!

Did you know that different frequencies are actually fed into both of your ears.
As a result the imbalance value i.e. the difference in frequencies is
meant to cause a shift in consciousness/mind state.
Now that is just the basics. You need to research it a little to fully understand.

To be able to really discuss this and put forward an honest qualified point it
helps a lot to have knowledge on the subject.
Further to this I too put up an argument supporting Binaural music.
If you read the earlier parts of this thread in December 2009 to Jan10 you
will see proof of this.

Additionally subliminals can be applied to binaural and then you don't
even know what you're consuming.
One point I'd like to make clear is that at the time of first writing
on this thread I was not a true Christian. And at the time I was
getting into lots of other spiritual non Christian stuff!

Let me tell you this. During a metaphysical meditation something compelled
me to stop and open the bible.
Now at the time I rarely even read the bible. Maybe once every few months
for a couple of minutes.

So I blindly put my finger into any page and it came to open at Luke 11.
Luke 11 has a profound message directly related to why I was doing the
meditations in the first place. Oh and it talks about demons too!!!!

A couple of months later I was doing some research on mystical
meditations. I found a web page put together by Christians and they
made direct references to blanking of the mind in this way as an invitation
to other forces. Now I wont pass judgement on that and I wont even express
an opinion. All I will say is that they referenced Luke 11 as a biblical
means of addressing it.

Now I'm not saying all Binaural is bad. But if you read what I'm saying
here regarding Luke 11 then it should at least be thought provoking.
As a person who comes from a mathematical background I like to look at
the odds of things happening. Also I like to question many things. Kind
of like Skully from X files. Unlike the all believing Moulder.

Do the math as to how many pages are in the bible.
Some might call it by design. Others might call it pot luck or
coincidence but remember as a Christian there is no such thing as luck
or coincidence. But do not let me tell you what to do. Never trust what man
says alone. Put your faith in God and he will give you the answers and show
you the right way. Ask God. Ask him to show you the right way.

Even though it wasn't the answer I wanted to hear - I DID GET AN ANSWER!

On luck: Proverbs 16:33 : “The lot is cast into the lap, But its every decision
is from the Lord.” Proverbs 16:33 would indicate that something as random as the
rolling of dice or the tossing of a coin is not outside of God’s sovereign control. And
therefore its results are not merely of chance.

Final point: God’s sovereignty involves two aspects.
God’s active will or sovereignty and God’s passive will which involves Him
allowing, rather than causing, something to happen.
If he made this world with ease in 6 days and rested the 7th, tell me. What
can't he do?

Upvote 0
L

LeadWorship

To be honest, I reckon much of the worship in churches falls into this category anyway.

There are some of the modern worship songs I can no longer sing because they make me feel repulsed after the way they I've seen them abused in services to lead people into what I can only describe as emotional upheaval.

Heya LIMB!!

As a Worship Pastor, I'm curious which ones you are referring too? If you don't wish to post them, send them to me in a PM. Thanks and have a great evening!

LW

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
^Those are interesting inferences.
I'd hope that somewhere in the church service, the Gospel would be preached. If not, the church will be accountable to that, not playing music.
OFF TOPIC I know, but.....
Why should we preach the Gospel in church services? Aren't church services for Christians? Shouldn't we be preaching the gospel elsewhere?

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hopefully the Word is taught so that believers may grow in knowlege perfected and equipped to do the work of the ministry. I agree that church should not be always outreach but sometimes the Spirit leads in that direction and people are touched. You know not everyone who enters a church is truly saved.

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
gratefulgrace, of course you are right - sometimes the Spirit does lead that way, and people are saved. But I think church is for the saved. I think it's a mistake to gear services toward the outsiders.

<staff edit>
What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think the whole binaural beats issue that was the OP's topic is a far cry from good worship music. I listened to a bit when I first came across this topic and fouond it very disturbing. It is the music itself and how it is arranged that is said to have special ability to control brain wave patterns. It is a type of meditation think. Not my bag at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Looking up more on binaural sound, we have been listening to it for years through stereo headsets, with any stereo recordings. Movies. Bose home speakers. Sounds were not separated for meditation purposes, but for richness and depth (and whatever).

I just listened to a few on YouTube, and the use of Indian instruments might make it seem questionable to some people, associating it with eastern religions. But there are no words, so the music itself could easily show how Christians in India worship.

The intent is the key here. Some listeners do it for brain health, some for retraining, some for curiosity or getting deeper into supernatural/spiritual realms.

I apologize for misunderstanding the OP, diving in without looking it up -- I thought it was just the Soaking Services.

Challenging both ears to hear different sounds, to improve the brain's activity toward health is an interesting concept. Something that addresses who we are physiologically, deals with facets of how God made us.

Notice how God encourages us to worship corporately. Looking at free worship scientifically, we find similar binaural tones. When we stand next to others worshiping in their own way, one ear hears a different set of sounds than the other ear.

But as with any tangent like this, it can be used to satisfy someone's greed or desire for control. As mentioned above, if subliminal input can be added, then selfish minds can use it against others. And if it opens us more readily to the supernatural, then we have a whole new raft of characters to deal with.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sometimes even the simplest nature meditation music can feel contrived or manipulative. It's designed for a purpose, so it gets mechanical.

There were also videos on YTb that were more beats than music... sort of horrid to listen to. Suspect for seizures. These remind me of The BOOMBahs...squirm.

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes I know what you mean. This for me at least seemed different maybe the lack of what I consider melody was part of it. I am very musical and melody patterns are pretty ingrained in my brain. Love blue grass harmony and fiddle and mandolin now that is relaxing music. :)

Upvote 0

luchsgud

Oct 11, 2010
Forbes NSW Australia
✟15,349.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
"All I'm hearing is white noise" Haha. I'll likely be in trouble for coining the phrase of a worldly song.

I remember hearing that white noise - the hiss over an untuned radio - was relaxing.

Quite frankly I've nevr found it so. All I can think is, can you turn that off? Its driving me nuts.

Very relaxing indeed. Oh yeah.

I love music but I don't even know what a binaural beat is. Gotta go to work. If I remember I'll look it up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I don't know a thing about the binaural thing, beyond my minidisc/mics/headphones.

If the source of your relaxation is not God centered, meaning it comes from God's anointing, then your seeking another "name" to "save" you. This sounds pretty radical, but it's an alternative to the peace God gives that is exclusive of circumstances.

God gave me a dream years ago that He reminded me of by having again some years later. It involved me sitting a jacuzzi listening to my favorite musical artist with a woman. The woman was a spirit that ministered comfort and relaxation (really distraction). As a result, I became obsessed with the music (as an escape), even though it tended to rock naturally speaking. When I had repented the first time, I "Put the woman to death" so to speak by getting rid of the spirit, and lost the craving for the music. Years later I was soaking in the same hot tub with the woman when I recognized that I had "put her to death" before, but she had somehow snuck her way back into my life.

Apart from spiritual interference and things that provide an "alternative" to seeking everything you need from God, all things are legal, but all things are not helpful. If I'm spending my time soaking in a hot tub, I'm not a soldier engaging in battle for the Kingdom. There's nothing wrong with a jacuzzi in the natural, but the enemy can get us into these ruts by getting us involved in "alternative" ministry.

The Lord showed me that we can give a place subtlely to idols that replace God for the things we need.

Use your own wisdom (that you receive) about this and don't let the enemy manipulate you. If you find you're annoyed by obviously sound scriptural counsel, that is usually evidence of an existing stronghold. Only you know where you're at, so be careful!

Upvote 0

alancrookham

[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][b
Oct 5, 2008
Texas
Visit site
✟15,357.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Music is a tool in worship. It can be very helpful, or it can cause distractions. If you are distracted or don't feel comfortable using soaking music then don't, because then you will just be wondering if you are doing something wrong and not actually pray. Whether or not its bi-neural or tri-neural or however many neurals doesn't really matter because its just music. Some people use drums for witchcraft, but we use them to worship Jesus. It's all about redeeming things.

Upvote 0

Alex.C

Sep 26, 2010
✟15,213.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well what about Alpha and Delta levels of meditation? Is it wrong for a christian to practice this? God afterall is the creator and these levels of conciousness and spiritual awareness were originally designed by him. Why is it then that all this is handed over to the occult without debate. I heard of former practitioner of black magic say that at these levels spirits became visible and interacted. Would it therefore be possible as a christian to see and interact with angels etc at this level.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's a good question, but I don't think it's "without debate" in every fellowship. We go through alpha and delta states every night. I would guess charismatic free worship is very similar in brain wave state. From experience, I think none of these are without risk, including free worship. But we can't live in fear of everything.

Upvote 0