Mar 4, 2008
✟8,376.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Chivalric man of my dreams? Does he ride a stallion and speak in poetry?

sorry, I'm not violating what would *truly* make me happy in favor of something out of a faerie tale.

Yes, because its better to settle for the 50% chance divorce rate marriages where there are absolutely no roles between man and woman, children are born out of wedlock(that is, if the child even happens to survive during his time in the womb), daycare is substituted instead of actual quality social interaction between children and parents, masculinity and femininity is suppressed , and God and any type of morality or chivalry is ignored and put in place for sterile ungodly moral relativism.

Good luck with that. Im sure since there are so many people with your type of attitude you should have no problem getting the divorce rate up to 60% by the end of 2010. The leftwing have had no problem pillaging and raping any type of decent family value ideals from society, so it should be no problem getting the percentages up to that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aerika

Draenei Priestess
Feb 3, 2008
Telaar, Nagrand
✟16,683.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, because its better to settle for the 50% chance divorce rate marriages where there are absolutely no roles between man and woman, children are born out of wedlock(that is, if the child even happens to survive during his time in the womb), daycare is substituted instead of actual quality social interaction between children and parents, masculinity and femininity is suppressed , and God and any type of morality or chivalry is ignored and put in place for sterile ungodly moral relativism.

Good luck with that. Im sure since there are so many people with your type of attitude you should have no problem getting the divorce rate up to 60% by the end of 2010.

Christian divorce rates are no better than anybody elses.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_dira.htm

Reactions: Maren
Upvote 0

Mling

Knight of the Woeful Countenance (in training)
Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Good luck with that. Im sure since there are so many people with your type of attitude you should have no problem getting the divorce rate up to 60% by the end of 2010. The leftwing have had no problem pillaging and raping any type of decent family value ideals from society, so it should be no problem getting the percentages up to that.

I am curious to hear how you expect a child to get into my womb, as people with your beliefs tend to be the first to point out that biology doesn't allow procreation in my sorts of relationships.

Upvote 0

PassionFruit

I woke up like dis
May 18, 2007
In the valley of the wind
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Gender roles are awesome.

Oh of course, placing people in assigned roles based simple biological differences, but ignore that people are way more complexed than roles is waaay awesome. Oh and if people step outside those roles, they're seen as lacking "femininity" or "masculinity." So if I'm someone who is chivalric, yet I'm a woman, that would be wrong in your view wouldn't it, because it's not my role to be chivalric.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, that´s an outdated model. Today´s chivalric man of your dreams anonymously posts anti-gay propaganda on a message board.

Mine does laundry... that's all it takes to be the man of my dreams (well that and scooping out the littler boxes) there's no chore I hate more than laundry... of course now that the teenager has pretty much taken over laundry it's not all the big a deal anymore.. he'll have to find a new way to impress me...

Upvote 0

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
marriages where there are absolutely no roles between man and woman, children are born out of wedlock(that is, if the child even happens to survive during his time in the womb), daycare is substituted instead of actual quality social interaction between children and parents, masculinity and femininity is suppressed , and God and any type of morality or chivalry is ignored and put in place for sterile ungodly moral relativism.

Sounds almost like the perfect family to me.

• No prescribed gender roles - instead, an appreciation of individual differences.
  • I'm not bothered about when children are born. I don't think it makes much difference whether you're married or not. If you're going to stay together, you don't need a piece of paper to say so.
  • Family planning. :thumbsup:
  • The good fortune of a child to let go of its mother's skirts and meet other children early on in life. (I am so grateful for having been to childminders when I was little!)
  • I refuse to let either my femininity or masculinity go suppressed, so you're wrong about that one.
  • Better to have freethinking and tolerance than unfounded moral absolutism, wouldn't you say?

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Talk about strawmen. You make out the GLBT community as next to monastery life of solemn and prayful monks.

Nope, that's not what I'm doing. I'm just pointing out that the labels gay, homosexual, bisexual, and lesbian, like the label "heterosexual", say nothing about sexual activity, but rather about to what gender of person someone is likely to be romantically and physically attracted.

You can spin it as you want to, but as the New Testament writers present Church life, same-gender sex acts are inappropriate for believers.

I've already pointed out elsewhere why I'm not convinced that the verses normally presented as being against same-gender sex acts don't present as strong a case as some would have us believe.

And GLBT is denoting who the adherants are having sex with.

And I repeat - no, it's denoting who they're likely to be romantically and physically attracted to.

The Gay Community and its Culture as fluffy bunny routine is not a sound position.

Well, it's a good job that I'm trying to present all LGBT folk as fluffy bunnies then, isn't it?

Christians do not oppose homosexuality because it is just an uncomfortable "idea." They oppose it for real reasons.

Not all Christians oppose homosexuality (I don't, for one, and there are many others on these boards who don't). And the reasons given for opposing homosexuality often don't make much sense.

I "really" like curvy blonde women (plural) but I don't act on it "as a Christian."

However, an attraction to curvy blonde women isn't a recognised sexual orientation. Heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality are. And the point I keep making is that one can be heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual, without engaging in sexual acts.

Though thoughts can be sinful, (thanks loads Jesus) the issue with GLBT's is their desire to promote homosexual sex.

I know of no LGBT folk who "promote homosexual sex". If you do, then perhaps you could invite them to join in this thread, because I'd be very interested to discuss that with them. (I'd like to know exactly what you mean by "promoting homosexual sex" anyway - do you mean encouraging those who aren't homosexual to engage in homosexual sex?)

Reality maybe?

I doubt it.

David.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Non-heterosexual people are no more "a saintly group of monks" than heterosexual people - but the fact remains that some of them have lots and lots of sex, some of them are monogamous, and some of them don't have any sex at all. The terms for sexual orientations, as David keeps pointing out, indicate only to whom people are attracted, not with whom they have sex. After all, there are plenty of gay people married to opposite sex partners, many with children. I personally know at least two. It doesn't make them straight.

Reactions: wanderingone
Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So I'm getting the impression that chivalry is supposed to be a masculine trait? :confused: If so why is that?

Accck gender roles annoy me. :sick:

"Chivalry" is a code of ethics. It isn't something one is born with. It is something one learns and chooses to follow.

Like holding a door for a lady, tipping one's hat or giving a lady one's chair or a place in a lifeboat.

Upvote 0

Aerika

Draenei Priestess
Feb 3, 2008
Telaar, Nagrand
✟16,683.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
TrueChristians don´t get divorced. So the divorce rate of TrueChristians is 0%.

I cannot believe you would make such a claim. How can you categorically condemn millions of Christians around the world without knowing anything about them or the core problems of their Divorce.

Editted, to say, ohh sorry, It was brought to my attention you were being sarcastic. lol sorry...I suck at sarcasim.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheManeki
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mling

Knight of the Woeful Countenance (in training)
Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"Chivalry" is a code of ethics. It isn't something one is born with. It is something one learns and chooses to follow.

Like holding a door for a lady, tipping one's hat or giving a lady one's chair or a place in a lifeboat.

So, even if it is something a person isn't born with, it is still connect to gender? Why? Wouldn't it be better for society if *everybody* was taught to help those around them to the degree that is helpful (too much help is condescending)?

I hold doors for anybody around me, male of female, and would give my seat to anybody who needed it, male or female.

Why do you think it would be better for society if I believed that I was entitled to have these things done for me and held that mindset, rather than believing that I ought to do them?

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I cannot believe you would make such a claim. How can you categorically condemn millions of Christians around the world without knowing anything about them or the core problems of their Divorce.

Editted, to say, ohh sorry, It was brought to my attention you were being sarcastic. lol sorry...I suck at sarcasim.

I believe we just saw another example of Poe's Law in action.

Upvote 0

PassionFruit

I woke up like dis
May 18, 2007
In the valley of the wind
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

Like what Mling said, why is chivalry connected to gender? Why can't women have that same code ethics?

Why does society teach that men should be chivalric?

Upvote 0

TheManeki

Christian Humanist
Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
✟21,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chivalry is a flow of strength from the stronger to the weaker, silly! It would be an abomination unto the LORD for a woman to act chivalrously towards a man, let alone for a man to accept such an act from a woman!!!1! It goes against the natural order established by GOD!! :p

Upvote 0