Should Christians evangelize gays?

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The gay community and the Christian community are worlds apart on proper moral behavior, so why should Christians bother with homosexuality and those that engage in it?

Should Christians evangelize gays?

A question for Christians to consider.

". . . Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

". . . Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones."

". . . they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

A sharp increase in risky sex
COVER STORY / New ways of hooking up are reshaping gay sex, survey finds: http://www.xtra.ca/public/viewstory.aspx?AFF_TYPE=4&STORY_ID=4617&PUB_TEMPLATE_ID=2 :
Matthew Hays / Xtra West / Wednesday, April 09, 2008

"No one likes to hear bad news," he notes.

Trussler and the CBRC have been conducting the Sex Now surveys gauging sexual health and trends among gay and bisexual men since 2002. This year's findings indicate a sharp increase in risky sexual behaviour by Vancouver's gay under-30 set.

"Sex Now 2007 showed that young gay men under 30 were significantly more likely to have engaged in sexual activities with HIV exposure risks than older aged men," the report states. "This is a reversal of previous years in which younger men were either relatively less at risk (2002) or about the same risk (2004) as older aged men."

-Trussler acknowledges that surveys can sometimes be off — way off — and that this might simply be a wild card. "That's why you have several companies polling people for election results, for example," he says.

-But these findings are consistent with the findings of other gay communities in larger centres like Sydney, Australia and London, England, he points out. "We've been hearing from them about large increases in risk-taking over the last couple of years."

-But Trussler and others point to one of the major revelations in the 2007 Sex Now results: the internet is having a major impact on the ways in which gay men and men who have sex with men (MSM) meet up to have sex.

-"The internet is galloping ahead very rapidly," says Trussler. "Many gay men who are 20 now, their first sexual encounter will have happened through connections made through their computer."

-"In the past outreach was, in a sense, more easy when we knew that gay men had traditional cruising grounds: the parks, baths and bars," Kwag explains.

Are gays "given up?" Should Christians evangelize "Gays."

Paul about a segment of Roman life that bears a striking similarity to the sexual immorality of today:

"Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another.

Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity.

They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.

Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

hogndog

Saved by grace and grace alone
Apr 24, 2007
On The Battlefield
Visit site
✟8,814.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
whaaat.gif
lets start by calling a spade a spade, first of all where does this name "gay" originate? If you speak to someone that knows that he/she is in error why let them off the hook by calling them "gay"? An Alcoholic is a "what"? he/she is a "drunk" but if you change the name as if your were applying an ointment how in the world will they see themselves guilty before a holy God, they won't.
So again I ask, what is "gay" in the original version King James will do. And yes by all means share Christ with everyone, it is the great commission. :amen:

Thanks,
hogndog

Upvote 0

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Mm, calling gay people "homosexuals" is a wonderful way to dehumanise them and help us all forget that they have nasty complicated things like feelings, that get in the way of us lumping them all together as sinful, evil perverts.

Upvote 0

Caylin

Formerly Dracon427
Feb 15, 2004
Olympia, Washington
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
whaaat.gif
lets start by calling a spade a spade, first of all where does this name "gay" originate? If you speak to someone that knows that he/she is in error why let them off the hook by calling them "gay"? An Alcoholic is a "what"? he/she is a "drunk" but if you change the name as if your were applying an ointment how in the world will they see themselves guilty before a holy God, they won't.
So again I ask, what is "gay" in the original version King James will do. And yes by all means share Christ with everyone, it is the great commission. :amen:

Thanks,
hogndog

Where is your church located? Do you mind if I come by?

Reactions: Maren
Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mm, calling gay people "homosexuals" is a wonderful way to dehumanise them and help us all forget that they have nasty complicated things like feelings, that get in the way of us lumping them all together as sinful, evil perverts.

cantata, then you as a queer non-theist are saying "yes"?

Or, "no"?

Should Christians evangleize "Gays," and/or the L's or the B's or the T's?

Christians didn't make up those labels, homosexuals and the transgendered people did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Caylin

Formerly Dracon427
Feb 15, 2004
Olympia, Washington
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
cantata, then you as a queer non-theist are saying "yes"?

Or, "no"?

Should Christians evangleize "Gays," and/or the L's or the B's or the T's?

Christians didn't make up those labels, homosexuals and the transgendered people did.

You haven't answered if you would like me to come bother you at your church.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Homosexual and Christian are not mutually exclusive terms. The entire premise of the thread is based on a false dichotomy.

There are many anti-Christs. They come with a different Gospel everytime. It is exposed sooner or later.

In the New Testament witness, the behaviors inherent of homosexuality are mutally exclusive to the behaviors taught to Christians as to what Christians should and shouldn't do.

The animosity and outright screaming hatred from Gays and Lesbians towards Christians for "preaching" that gay sex is a sin, may be where your point loses its support.

Did Christians try to evangelize Nero? Did they try to evangelize people that engaged in same-gender sex acts and teach that these behaviors needed to be given up once they became Christians? No doubt. 2000-years later and here we are.

As we have seen from another thread there is not one place where same-gender sexual unions are promoted or encouraged IN the New Testament witness. The Apostles taught that marriage was a man and a woman. Never once do we see a same-gender example. Anyone trying to claim that pre-marital sex, promiscuity or monogamous unmarried sex is supported by the Apostolic witness of the New Testament will have to invent scripture to prove their point.

Homosexual and Christian are only mutally exclusive terms as to what a Christian should do sexually. Many Christans (if not all) are drawn to things they should not enagege in. Jesus said a thing or two about thoughts as well. No Christian is encouraged to sin even in thier minds without the need to repent of it.

Are you saying that Christians should not evangelize homosexuals (GLBT's)?

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
In the New Testament witness, the behaviors inherent of homosexuality are mutally exclusive to the behaviors taught to Christians as to what Christians should and shouldn't do.
Nonsense.

Firstly, homosexuality and homosexual ACTS are NOT the same thing. I am a homosexual, as I sit and write this. I was homosexual before my first kiss, and I will be homosexual if I never touch another human being for the rest of my life. Its what I AM. AND I'm a Christian. There is no conflict between the two.

Second, what I THINK you mean, is that homosexual ACTS stop someone from being a Christian... Well, I'd dearly love to see ANY Christian congregation that did not have its fair share of theives, adulterers, cynics, disobedient children and any of a range of other Biblically condemned sinners, yet none of them are claimed to be somehow antithetical to Christianity,

Lastly, I do not believe that what you believe the Bible condemns is in the same as what I mean by homosexuality. Your belief is based on a large amount of mistranslation and villification by biased transmitters.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its a nonsense question. Its like asking if Christians should evangelise women, or should Christians evangelise police officers, or should Christians evangelise Italians?

It starts from the false premise that somehow the subject group could not possibly already be part of the object group. There are already Christian women, police officers, Italians, AND homosexuals

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aerika

Draenei Priestess
Feb 3, 2008
Telaar, Nagrand
✟16,683.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There are many anti-Christs. They come with a different Gospel everytime. It is exposed sooner or later.

The animosity and outright screaming hatred from Gays and Lesbians towards Christians for "preaching" that gay sex is a sin, may be where your point loses its support.

Did Christians try to evangelize Nero? Did they try to evangelize people that engaged in same-gender sex acts and teach that these behaviors needed to be given up once they became Christians? No doubt. 2000-years later and here we are.

As we have seen from another thread there is not one place where same-gender sexual unions are promoted or encouraged IN the New Testament witness. The Apostles taught that marriage was a man and a woman. Never once do we see a same-gender example. Anyone trying to claim that pre-marital sex, promiscuity or monogamous unmarried sex is supported by the Apostolic witness of the New Testament will have to invent scripture to prove their point.

Homosexual and Christian are only mutally exclusive terms as to what a Christian should do sexually. Many Christans (if not all) are drawn to things they should not enagege in. Jesus said a thing or two about thoughts as well. No Christian is encouraged to sin even in thier minds without the need to repent of it.

Are you suggesting that the Christian Churches that disagree with you are the anti-Christ? It appears to me you are, at the very least, insinuating it. I've always found it a bit disingenuous and discriminatory when anyone categorically condemns a few million people.

Reactions: Maren
Upvote 0

Blayz

Aug 1, 2007
Singapore
✟4,827.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This is soooo unfair. Why single out these one letter abbreviation groups for the good treatment? What do I have to do to not be evangelised to? I've wilfully broken every commandment except 1, I have done my level best to blaspheme against the holy spirit, and I take time out of every day to mock god. I am far more immoral than any B, T Q or C.

pick me for the non-evangelicing! I wanna see the fundies scuttle away from my posts like cockroaches from a light.

Reactions: FlamingFemme
Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You haven't answered if you would like me to come bother you at your church.

Look at my thread that mentions Mel White/Soulforce?

Please keep any part of the gay agenda away from my Church. But it doesn't look like that even that polite request will be honoered by GLBT's. ENDA is on the way. And look at Gene Robinson. It's east to see how Sodom got the way it did.

Upvote 0

Caylin

Formerly Dracon427
Feb 15, 2004
Olympia, Washington
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, basically, its ok for you to come bother us at what we do, but you can't handle it being turned around? If you can't handle being around the "gay agenda" why should I have to be around the "christian agenda?"

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is soooo unfair. Why single out these one letter abbreviation groups for the good treatment? What do I have to do to not be evangelised to? I've wilfully broken every commandment except 1, I have done my level best to blaspheme against the holy spirit, and I take time out of every day to mock god. I am far more immoral than any B, T Q or C.

Pick me for the non-evangelicing! I wanna see the fundies scuttle away from my posts like cockroaches from a light.

Yet, you're at a place called "Christian Forums." Got your glasses on?

Sorry pal, some of us Christians aren't taking the accusations made about us from you guys anymore. Our children are too important to us to be silenced any more.

Upvote 0