Should believers learn to communicate with the indwelling Christ ?

nalex1066

Mar 10, 2024
HASTINGS
✟4,625.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well to address this one would have to first change the title of this thread, seeing Jesus did not say his faith makes us whole but our own ...
Our faith in God’s overwhelming abilities.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟19,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our faith in God’s overwhelming abilities.

Amen.

Even The Cross of Christ is overwhelming regarding sin.

As the Blood of Jesus paid for the SIN of the WORLD..... one believer at a time.

Its an overpayment, ... per believer......forever.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟19,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Generally no - but in exceptional circumstances He can lead in this way for a short time.

Yes, God can get a Donkey to talk to you, but i wouldn't wait for it.

We have the word of God and Jesus inside us.
And in Jesus are "hidden all the treasures of wisdom and Knowledge" and the word of God is a "lamp and a light".

So, the believer does not need to try to hear VOICES, as those can be a demon, as when this type of entity talks to you, they use your own mind as if you are doing it.

For example....

" i wonder what it would feel like.... to be with that beautiful women or man"....

See that?
That is your mind, and its a voice, and its perhaps not you.

Or, im certain that you've had the experience of having some really VILE thought, that just came out of nowhere...
And sometimes this can happen in your prayer time......this "vile vile thought.....",, and reader that is not you.

So, believer's who are "voice in your head led" and automatically believe its "God" are the ones who blow up Abortion Clinics and burn Christians at the Stake.

If anyone is interested in some literature regarding how to commune with the Holy Spirit, inside yourself, then you might pick up this book.

And this is not a 'how to"......its not a roadmap....its a Believer's reference guide, regarding some spiritual Truth.

-
1715428147998.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟168,947.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Holy Spirit is Christ in you.
Christ is the Word of God, and the Word of God is Jesus and he was in every believer even before the Holy Ghost was given as scripture says.

There is a Trinity in the scriptures spoken of and there are different workings of each member but there is one God.

We read of the Spirit of the Father speaking in men before the cross Matthew 10, we read of the the Spirit of Christ speaking in men before the cross, we read of Jesus saying he is in them and they in him John 15 before the cross and before the Holy Ghost was given. We read of the Spirit of Jesus Christ in men, we also read of the Spirit of the Son in our hearts and how that Christ dwells in the believers heart by faith . All oT saints had faith and so the all had Christ in them (As we see Abraham did in Galatians 3 KJV) and yet they did not have the Holy Ghost yet.

We also read of distinctions between the father the Word and the Holy Ghost, and in another place we read of in the name of the the Father and of the the Son and of the Holy Ghost.

We also see that the word Christ is attached to Jesus and the incarnation. Christ died for our sins (1 Cor. 15 and it doesn't say the father died or the Holy Ghost here.

We also read,

“Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist,...” (1 John 4:2,3 KJV)

and Paul showed that Jesus Chris is in them.

“Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?” (2 Cor 13:5 KJV)

Believers have the father the Son and the Holy Ghost in them

as scripture shows

"...Jesus Christ is in you,.." (2 Cor. 13:5 KJV)

“To reveal his
Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:” (Galatians 1:16 KJV)

“For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the
Spirit of Jesus Christ,” (Philippians 1"19 KJV)

The Father also is in us

“For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.”" ( Matthew 10:20 KJV)

“Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth
the Son hath the Father also.” (1 John 2:23 KJV)

“Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath
both the Father and the Son.” *2 John 1:9 KJV)

the Father is in us also with the Son

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” (John 14:23 KJV)

and the Holy Ghost is in us

Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him,” (Acts 13:9 KJV)

and all three distinct but one

“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:” (Matthew 28:19 KJV)
Also, and regarding being led by the Spirit.....you'll find that He'll do it through the word most of all, and if trying to hear the voice of the Spirit, then a voice is not what you will hear.......It will be an intuition. a knowing.

Not fully accurate, all believers hear the voice of the Shepherd. As Jesus said

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:” (John 10:27 KJV)

and no man knows anything of God but by the Spirit as we read

"For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. ... 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Cor. 2:11, 12, 14 KJV)

and all things are taught by the anointing as we read

“But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.” ( 1 John 2:27 KJV)

...and yes the Spirit of God will use the scriptures which were given by the Spirit. These also are profitable for us in the Spirit.

the Pharisees I like many today) had the scriptures and knew languages and yet did not have Jesus word abiding in them and could not hear His word. They thought (wrongly) that they had eternal life in the scriptures.

The Holy Spirit is not a inner GPS that says.>"turn right, do that, go there".

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟168,947.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Holy Spirit is not a inner GPS that says.>"turn right, do that, go there".
and yet we read,

“And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.” (Isaiah 30:21 KJV)

and

“The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.” (Proverbs 37:23 KJV)

“O LORD, I know that
the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.”

“A man's heart deviseth his way:
but the LORD directeth his steps.”

This I say then,
Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” (Galatians 5:16 KJV)

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity
every thought to the obedience of Christ;” (2 Cpr. 10:5 KJV)

“For as many as are
led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.” ( Romans 8:14 KJV)

"Now the
God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." (Hebrews 13:20, 21 KJV)

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟168,947.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, the believer does not need to try to hear VOICES, as those can be a demon, as when this type of entity talks to you, they use your own mind as if you are doing it.
Believers have to grow in the knowledge of Jesus Christ and to know his voice. Yes, there are other voices, but in the Spirit believers hear the voice of the shepherd they will not follow the other voices if they abide n Christ. As we rwad,

"To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers. 6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them. 7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them." (John 10:3-8 KJV)

For example....

" i wonder what it would feel like.... to be with that beautiful women or man"....
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” (Galatians 5:16 KJV)
See that?
That is your mind, and its a voice, and its perhaps not you.
It could be the carnal mind or the voice of a devil etc. But if we walk in the Spirit and have ears to hear God will show us the good and the evil.

a good tree CANNOT produce corrupt fruit.
Or, im certain that you've had the experience of having some really VILE thought, that just came out of nowhere...
And sometimes this can happen in your prayer time......this "vile vile thought.....",, and reader that is not you.
“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” (2 Corinthians 10:5 KJV)
So, believer's who are "voice in your head led" and automatically believe its "God" are the ones who blow up Abortion Clinics and burn Christians at the Stake.
Not every believer will "automatically believe" it is God as Jesus said we do not hear the voice of strangers and do not follow them, Those led by the Spirit do not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

and this is not true that believers who hear voices will blow up Abortion Clinics.

it sounds like you would doubt Abraham who heard God's voice and was told to sacrifice his child. What would you have said to Abraham then?

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟19,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
and yet we read,

“And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.” (Isaiah 30:21 KJV)

And that is related to the Law, as this is a "Light unto my path, and a Lamp unto my feet".

“The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.” (Proverbs 37:23 KJV)

Yet, "there are none good, none righteous", as "all have sinned".

So, if we say..>"the Born again is the Righteousness of God in Christ, and that is TRUE,...yet... its also true that God can order your steps as His will for you, but you do what YOU WANT, instead.

That is your Free Will.

See, "God would that we all believe in Jesus".. .as Its His will for us to ALL believe,.... but not all will.

Hell is filled with those who died that didnt believe.

This verse is for those..

John 3:36

“O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.”

But what you are doing is YOUR CHOICE.

God is not directing you to read my posts.

God is not going to choose for you what you eat later, or what time you go to bed, tonight.

YOU ARE Choosing to do it.. As its YOUR LIFE, and your WILL.

So, there is more to your verses then just reading them as if they are a dictionary, @LoveofTruth

“A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.”

And that again is to be understood in the Light of Free will.

As God is not directing anyone to KILL JEWS or to RAPE Children,..... yet they do.

So, you have to read verses, understanding that they are Spiritual, needing to be revealed... vs..... it says it., just like a Dictionary.

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” (Galatians 5:16 KJV)

And who chooses to do that?

You do. = You CHOOSE to walk in the Spirit.

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” (2 Cpr. 10:5 KJV)

YOU Choose to cast them down.

Free will.

“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.” ( Romans 8:14 KJV)

And to be led by it, is to have the Spirit in you..

As "he that hath not the Spirit of Christ in you, is NONE of God's"

"Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." (Hebrews 13:20, 21 KJV)

And Paul teaches your verse as..

"As many as Be PERFECT".. having come to the "fullness of the Statue of Christ".

And that is not related to doing.... or trying to become something.
its related to understanding Salvation, perfection, as revelation Knowledge.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟168,947.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And that is related to the Law, as this is a "Light unto my path, and a Lamp unto my feet".
“Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps.” (Psalms 85:13 KJV)

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.” (Psalms 37:23 KJV)

The word and voice of God works in men and their conscience also bears witness ( Romans 2:14, 15 KJV). But this commandment was not hid from them it was near their inner man in their heart written, the work of the law written in them. This is where they hear his voice. Today if you hear His voice harden not your hearts. It is inward that men hear. Paul refers to this section in Romans 10 speaking of the word that is near them in them in their hearts.

"For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it...But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them; ...That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life,..." ( Deuteronomy 30:11-14, 7, 20 KJV)

and..

Barnes' Notes on the Bible

Behind thee - That is, says Vitringa, the voice of conscience, as an "invisible" guide, shall admonish you. The idea, however, seems to be that if they were ignorant of the way, or if they were inclined to err, they should be admonished of the true path which they ought to pursue. ...The Jews understand this voice 'from behind' to be the כל בת bath kol - 'the daughter of the voice;' a divine admonition which they suppose attends the pious. The essential thought is, that they would not be left without a guide and instructor; that, if they were inclined to go astray, they would be recalled to the path of truth and duty. Perhaps there is the idea, also, that the admonition would come from some "invisible" influence, or from some unexpected quarter, as it is often the case that those who are inquiring on the subject of religion receive light from quarters where they least expected, and from sources to which they were not looking. It is also true that the admonitions of Providence, of conscience, and of the Holy Spirit, seem often to come from "behind" us. that is, they "recall" us from the path in which we were going, and restrain us from a course that would be fraught with danger."

Geneva Study Bible
And thy ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, {s} walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.
(s) God will direct all your ways and appoint you how to go either hither or thither."

Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges
21. thine ears shall hear a word behind thee] that of Jehovah, walking like a Father behind His children. Cf. Isaiah 29:18.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟19,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps.” (Psalms 85:13 KJV)

And that verse is talking to Jews, who were not Christians.
So, its always describing the Law.. in this case.

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.” (Psalms 37:23 KJV)

"all have sinned" "there are none righteous, no NOT ONE'..

And if you read the verse like this....>"and the good man delights in the way of the Lord"..... then you get the understanging.

Today if you hear His voice harden not your hearts.

So, this is not speaking to the Born again., as the born again are already born again.

if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear,

And the born again, have already HEARD about Jesus and are born again.

They have already HEARD...

Barnes' Notes on the Bible
Providence, of conscience,

No one is pre-destined to believe, but all are allowed to believe.

John 3:16

And thy ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, {s} walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

And if you are hearing audible voices that are talking to you from behind, please have that cast out, as its a demon.
Or, please report to your local mental health facility and they can perhaps medicate you so that the "outside voices" stop.

(s) God will direct all your ways and appoint you how to go either hither or thither."

Really?
Is that why some Christians Hate Jews and support HAMAS?

is that why some Christians, blow up abortion clinics?

Christians.......all over the world........many, are watching NETFLIX....and this Channel is "MOSTLY R-Rated shows"....so, is God directing them to do it tonight, and last night?
21. thine ears shall hear a word behind thee] that of Jehovah, walking like a Father behind His children. Cf. Isaiah 29:18.

Reader...
if you are hearing voices outside of your head, then see a exorcist, or see a shrink.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟168,947.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yet, "there are none good, none righteous", as "all have sinned".

None good of ourself and nothing good in the flesh. Yet in Christ all are made the righteousness of God and a new creation. Then we are good in the sense that we are in Christ. So then we can bring forth out of our new life that which is good

“A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.” ( Matthew 12:25 KJV)

“And, behold, there was a man named
Joseph, a counsellor; and he was a good man, and a just:” (Luke 23:50 KJV_

So, if we say..>"the Born again is the Righteousness of God in Christ, and that is TRUE,...yet... its also true that God can order your steps as His will for you, but you do what YOU WANT, instead.
only if we yield to the flesh and not to the Spirit. If we abide in Him and walk in the Spirit we will NOT fulfill the lust of the flesh
But what you are doing is YOUR CHOICE.
no I seek to be led of the Spirit as even now.
God is not directing you to read my posts.
Yes He is, I was led to read and comment on certain things. Yes, we are still growing and learning and at times we may hear clearer than other times. But still this is the only way to walk in in faith. So many walk in the carnal vanity of their mind and the flesh.
God is not going to choose for you what you eat later, or what time you go to bed, tonight.
But if I was to go to eat something dangerous God I believe would guard me and direct me and protect me.
YOU ARE Choosing to do it.. As its YOUR LIFE, and your WILL.
Believers do have a choice to walk in the Spirit and from the new man in Christ or to walk in the flesh. But we are exhorted to walk in the Spirit and not to fulfill the lust of the flesh.
So, there is more to your verses then just reading them as if they are a dictionary, @LoveofTruth

I seek the right verses to give.
And that again is to be understood in the Light of Free will.

As God is not directing anyone to KILL JEWS or to RAPE Children,..... yet they do.
Gods way is perfect and right and mans way is not. God directs those who hear and walk in the Light. He can also judge men in many ways.
YOU Choose to cast them down.

Free will.
Yes we have a choice but we can only bring things into captivity of Christ is we abide in him and walk in the light. We are a new creation if we walk this way. In the new creation we can do all things. But the old man needs to be crucified daily.
And that is not related to doing.... or trying to become something.
its related to understanding Salvation, perfection, as revelation Knowledge.
We do not earn salvation by our works, but God works in us at salvation and as we abide in him and overcome to the end through faith. Christ dwells in our hearts by faith and in Christ we can do all things.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟19,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gods way is perfect and right and mans way is not. God directs those who hear and walk in the Light. He can also judge men in many ways.

True.

We are a new creation if we walk this way.

The Born again are a "new Creation" because God has eternally forgiven all their Sin, and given them "the Gift of Righteousness" that is the "Gift of Salvation" that is "The Gift of Eternal life".

We do not earn salvation by our works,

True.

We can't save ourselves......... as we can't pay for our own sins., .......as how can a dirty rotten sin loving sinner pay for your own sins?
Impossible.
So, HOLY God wrapped Himself in Human Flesh, born of a virgin...= went to The Cross, so that our sin that is separating us from God, can be forgiven, forever, based on the SACRIFICE of Jesus's Blood and Body and Death.

This is proven to be True by the RESURRECTION of Jesus., and HE IS ALIVE !

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟168,947.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And that verse is talking to Jews, who were not Christians.
So, its always describing the Law.. in this case.
It speaks of God working inwardly as many verses do. Even the Gentiles of all time have had this inner working

"For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) 16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel." (Romans 2:14-16 KJV)
"all have sinned" "there are none righteous, no NOT ONE'..
Yes, agreed. But when a person repents and believes and is made the righteousness of God then he can be called a righteous man in Christ through faith . We are made the righteousness of God and can do all things in Christ. These god works we do come from a new heart and life. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart/
So, this is not speaking to the Born again., as the born again are already born again.
All believers can harden their hearts and not hear, and they are often exhorted to hear and listen in the spirit for God's voice. Because at times they can be tempted and yield to the flesh and sin.

Jesus says to the church

“He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.” (Revelation 2:28 KJV)
No one is pre-destined to believe, but all are allowed to believe.

John 3:16
Yes, I agree i was only pointing out anothers understanding of the voice behind.
And if you are hearing audible voices that are talking to you from behind, please have that cast out, as its a demon.
Or, please report to your local mental health facility and they can perhaps medicate you so that the "outside voices" stop.
I suppose when all Jesus sheep hear His voice you may say the same to them?

I and many , many , many other believers in Jesus hear God's voice often. I have heard God speak to me to go to a place and ask a question to a man, or do something and they come to pass. This has happened many times. The details would take man y pages to prove here. I have heard His voice give me revelation and direction so many times (as many , many others have) . Evene when I got saved I was crying to zGod on my knees and I said i could not stop sinning even though I tried. I heard the fathers voice say "that is why you need Jesus". This is not a wrong thing to hear and believe as you imply.

The sad thing is if you for not ever hear His voice then you should re-examine if Jesus Christ is in you as Paul said for the Corinthians to do in 2 Cor 13:3-5.

Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you. 4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you. 5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?" )2 Corinthians 13:3-5 KJV)

Notice that Paul also said Christ spoke in him. Would your words also apply to him?

“If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:” (Ephesians 4:21 KJV)
Really?
Is that why some Christians Hate Jews and support HAMAS?

is that why some Christians, blow up abortion clinics?

Christians.......all over the world........many, are watching NETFLIX....and this Channel is "MOSTLY R-Rated shows"....so, is God directing them to do it tonight, and last night?
As I said, all have to make choices to yield to the Spirit or the flesh. And there are many things in life all believers grow in and work through and God judges the heart and knows the mind of all.

But now your talking about a different topic. Hearing God's voice is clearly seen in the life of believers and all through scripture.

Would you say anything against the prophets of God in scripture who heard Gods voice daily? And even spoke first person for God in the Spirit
Reader...
if you are hearing voices outside of your head, then see a exorcist, or see a shrink.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟168,947.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reader...
Reader,

there are so many believers and prophets and men of God in scripture that heard God's voice it would take all day to site the verses.

Jesus said His sheep hear his voice and many heard him speak physically outwardly but did not hear His voice inwardly .

"Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. " (John 8:43 KJV)

He that is of God
heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God." (John 8:47 KJV)

The pharisees had scripture and studied it and could quote many things yet they did not know Jesus in front of them and they did not come to him to have life. They could not see spiritual things. But they could read scripture and study languages and try to understand with their natural carnal mind. They thought (like some today seem to imply,) that they had eternal life in the scriptures but Jesus said,

“Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. “(John 5:39 KJV)

Jesus also said they did not know the scriptures or the power of God (Matt. 22:29 KJV) even though they might have thought they did. They also did not have His word abiding in them

The scriptures testify of Jesus and are given by the Spirit, but they are not Jesus himself. Just by reading the scriptures doesn’t mean a person hears God’s word or have the Spirit revealing spiritual things to them.

Men all through history have often missed the spiritual understanding of things. This is obvious in many of the things they say and do and in their understanding the doctrine. They often cling to the natural and human reasoning. But, If just reading scriptures with the natural mind made someone hear God’s word and be a minister then all the Pharisees would have heard and known God’s word by their reading scripture alone.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟168,947.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
this word "the word of the Lord came unto" is often repeated in many ways in scripture. They were men of sound mind and chosen by God.

“Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying,” ( Johna 1:1 KJV)

“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man
hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” (Revelation 3:20 KJV)

For God
speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not. 15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; 1 6Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction," ( Job 33:14 KJV)

"
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,..." ( Hebrews 1:1,2 KJV)

"Moreover he said unto me, Son of man,
all my words that I shall speak unto thee receive in thine heart, and hear with thine ears. 11 And go, get thee to them of the captivity, unto the children of thy people, and speak unto them, and tell them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear. 12 Then the spirit took me up, and I heard behind me a voice of a great rushing, saying, Blessed be the glory of the LORD from his place." (Eziejiel 3:10-12 KJV)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

awstar

Aug 21, 2004
✟2,311.00
Faith
Methodist
If anyone is interested in some literature regarding how to commune with the Holy Spirit, inside yourself, then you might pick up this book.

And this is not a 'how to"......its not a roadmap....its a Believer's reference guide, regarding some spiritual Truth.

-
View attachment 347633

here’s where you can get the Guyon book at no cost. (I assume it’s the same book referred to, just a different title)

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟7,603.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
But I tell you the truth, it is profitable for you that I should go away; for unless I go away the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

Jesus being the God of indirect truths, has something to tell us here I think. Why is it that the Helper cannot come, unless he goes? We know from Daniel that principalities were obstructing the work of the angels. What could obstruct an angel? Sin of course, and I just read how the King of Moab got some mighty powers by sacrificing his son.

Thus no one should deceive themsleves. If there is sin, there are principalities in high places, and one cannot expect the full work of God.

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟7,603.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you acknowledge that the will of God is primarly that not anyone should perish, and if you believe that whole heartedly, you will of course forsake everything for the gospel, but before you do, you should be aware of the blessings that God is able to give. There are many blessings that we take for granted, such as family. I need not to name everything, they are probably too numerous to count anyway. But the clouded mind will not see this. To them everything is agony, and they will curse God.

To get out of this, Jesus gave us the sermon on the mountain. I think the water from the rock foreshadowed this preaching. It has exactly what you need to realise the mercies of God.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟19,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
here’s where you can get the Guyon book at no cost. (I assume it’s the same book referred to, just a different title)

All of her books are a good "study" and interesting read.

Thanks for posting the Link.

She was tortured by the Catholic Church for 7 yrs.. .They put her in a wet, damp, ..cell,.. locked up.....7 yrs.... because they didn't want her to teach.

She still managed to do it, and the BOOKS are the proof .

Upvote 0