✟15,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi everyone,

I’m curious what everyone’s experiences in buying their engagement/wedding rings!

Did he surprise you with it or did you participate in the process?
What was the buying process like for you? Was the budget a joint decision?
Did you buy from a store, online, or custom made by a wholesale jeweler?
If you went with an online option, did you miss being able to try it on first?

The experience I’ve had so far is so sales-y in stores, and challenging to have a private conversation about what we want to spend vs what we’re getting. I'm nervous about spending so much to purchase online though, at least without being able to try it on first.

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟71,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Congrats on getting engaged. I don't address some of your questions but wanted to offer some stuff that might be helpful. My diamond shopping is primarily limited to loose stones, (Preferably from more of a wholesale shop, that is open to anyone, not some name brand diamond retail shop. It is far easier to compare prices once you take the setting away. As to buying diamonds online, that would be scary to me, unless they had a return policy that was ironclad. Just remember the 4 C's of diamonds: Cut, Clarity, Color, Carat. There are some good books that you probably can find at a public library to help you learn to be a better shopper. Arming yourself with knowledge will give you the confidence you need to find a better deal. Grading will give you the ability to comparison shop. I am sure God will help, and hopefully this will be a fun experience for you. Psalm 138:8 (KJV) 8 The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me.

Upvote 0

WorshipArtViolin

God's child
Jul 11, 2018
Nairobi
✟17,201.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi everyone,

I’m curious what everyone’s experiences in buying their engagement/wedding rings!

The experience I’ve had so far is so sales-y in stores, and challenging to have a private conversation about what we want to spend vs what we’re getting. I'm nervous about spending so much to purchase online though, at least without being able to try it on first.
My boyfriend and I are in different countries right now but we have already discussed that we will go ring shopping together....we haven't discussed finances yet but we have found the perfect jewellery store that has amazing customised and affordable rings. (my sister and brother both bought theirs from the same place).
I don't really like surprises :D
but I am hoping that if he does surprise me, it won't be anything showy since I am too shy lol.
But at the end of the day we should see the rings as a symbol of unity in marriage under God and therefore shouldn't really break your back looking for the most expensive and biggest ring :)

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi everyone,

We went to Shane Co. we are not rich people. I work as a pharmacy tech and I'm finishing lab certification and my fiance is a automotive tech. The ring we chose was not diamonds. I got a garnet ring with small diamonds on the side. It's very pretty and it wasn't crazy expensive. It was $162.00 with tax. I had to try the ring on. I'm pregnant and my fingers are swollen so we went in person to try it on. I decided which color I wanted because my fiance wanted amethyst his grandmother's birth stone but I don't like amethyst.

I think it's good to both choose and try rings on but that's just me.

• Informative
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0