Aug 27, 2014
✟431,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
First before anything, may God grant the petitions of all who have requested prayers or given them in this thread.

I'm here now with probably my last post in a while because I'm moving in three days to a new apartment that is actually disability-accessible, so that I will hopefully be able to leave my house independently for the first time since December of a few years ago (I honestly can't remember at the moment if it was 2021 or 2022; point is, it's been a while). So the Lord has already answered my prayers in this, the joy of which is indescribable. But I am still feeling the stress of the move itself in a big way, since people who earlier said they would help have dropped out due to other obligations. I'm trying to do it myself out of necessity and it's taking forever due to my own limitations, on top of still having to work until moving day. I would greatly appreciate prayers, if any of you can spare one for me and this situation. Thank you.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟484,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
First before anything, may God grant the petitions of all who have requested prayers or given them in this thread.

I'm here now with probably my last post in a while because I'm moving in three days to a new apartment that is actually disability-accessible, so that I will hopefully be able to leave my house independently for the first time since December of a few years ago (I honestly can't remember at the moment if it was 2021 or 2022; point is, it's been a while). So the Lord has already answered my prayers in this, the joy of which is indescribable. But I am still feeling the stress of the move itself in a big way, since people who earlier said they would help have dropped out due to other obligations. I'm trying to do it myself out of necessity and it's taking forever due to my own limitations, on top of still having to work until moving day. I would greatly appreciate prayers, if any of you can spare one for me and this situation. Thank you.

I will be praying for you fervently. I have also sent you a PM

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟431,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for all of your prayers, everyone. The move was successfully made on Thursday, and though I am now much poorer economically (moving companies are quite expensive), I am much, much happier. I was able to go out and get the mail on my own for the first time in years, and I recognize that it is the tiniest victory imaginable, but really just being able to do it is such a great blessing, I can't even explain it. Thank you. With all of my heart, I appreciate it.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for all of your prayers, everyone. The move was successfully made on Thursday, and though I am now much poorer economically (moving companies are quite expensive), I am much, much happier. I was able to go out and get the mail on my own for the first time in years, and I recognize that it is the tiniest victory imaginable, but really just being able to do it is such a great blessing, I can't even explain it. Thank you. With all of my heart, I appreciate it.
God bless you

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟437,562.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We’ve been limping along in Montenegro. We had a positive blessing this last month when the landlady decided not to double our rent for the high season; we’ve been ideal tenants, caring for the property and paying all the bills, which tourists would stiff her with.

Now my kids are in $$ trouble in Germany. They need something more than €300/month rent each and as much in spending money for groceries, public trans, etc. They are students and are not allowed to work (my son just started in the student college this year and can’t work at all yet; my older daughter works part-time to the extent allowed. I am now making only about half of that, and that will drop at the end of May when the school year in Russia ends and the kids I teach stop studying. We are afraid that they could be kicked out of their dorms for non-payment.

I’m testing a new connection via Zelle from my US credit union, I sent $10 but they only guarantee delivery by Friday.
If that works, I’ll send the last $300 in my account there; after that, I don’t know where we can get the money we need. Asking for prayers. I’m always frightened and on the edge, I don’t have any friends here and I can’t dump on my wife because she needs me to be the rock.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟437,562.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A good man transferred some money from a GoFundMe he had started for me last year. First time ever. While not a whole lot, it covers almost an entire month and has bought me a little time. Glory to God, and thank you for your prayers! We expect to be in the woods for another year, so please remember us!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums