East of Manchester
✟2,624,142.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The best advice I was given years ago was, Read your Bible and pray every day, and follow me.
God is so good and faithful, I trust him completely.

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello dear friends, this is just to let you know that my dear husband of almost 49 years passed away on Tuesday 28th June. He had aspiration pneumonia and passed away in hospital. A wonderful thanksgiving service was held for him on Monday 4th July. Pray for us as a family as we get used to him not being part of our family and for me as I deal with all the admin tasks that accompany a death. Thank God for all the love and support we are receiving from friends and family.

Blessings.

Gillian

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,624,142.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello dear friends, this is just to let you know that my dear husband of almost 49 years passed away on Tuesday 28th June. He had aspiration pneumonia and passed away in hospital. A wonderful thanksgiving service was held for him on Monday 4th July. Pray for us as a family as we get used to him not being part of our family and for me as I deal with all the admin tasks that accompany a death. Thank God for all the love and support we are receiving from friends and family.

Blessings.

Gillian
I am so sorry, I pray that you will receive love and support that you need.
May God bless you richly in Jesus precious name.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced

Blessings.

Gillian
I'm sorry to hear of your loss Gillian and hope that you feel the Lord sustaining you and your family during this sad time. I pray for you and your family as you adjust to the new situation and for the Lord to provide everything you need mentally, emotionally and physically. Also praying that He will help you with the necessary admin tasks and thanking Him that you have good friends and family and for the thanksgiving service you had. God bless you.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,624,142.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My husband is suffering from terminal cancer and is at home. I pray that he doesn't have to suffer for much longer.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
My husband is suffering from terminal cancer and is at home. I pray that he doesn't have to suffer for much longer.
Musicalpilgrim I feel for you and think that you have a very generous heart. I pray for you both. May the Lord's will be done and may you and your family have peace in it. :hug: :prayer:

Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

BookishGirl

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
CA
✟346,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I am so sorry to hear this. I will pray right now for his comfort and peace, and yours, too, Sister.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,624,142.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry to hear of your loss Gillian and hope that you feel the Lord sustaining you and your family during this sad time. I pray for you and your family as you adjust to the new situation and for the Lord to provide everything you need mentally, emotionally and physically. Also praying that He will help you with the necessary admin tasks and thanking Him that you have good friends and family and for the thanksgiving service you had. God bless you.
Thank you so much, rebornfree. I appreciate your prayers.
Gillian

• Friendly
Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

BookishGirl

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
CA
✟346,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Blessings.

Gillian

How are you doing, Gillian?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How are you doing, Gillian?

I'm doing ok, thanks BookishGirl. Just struggling to keep up with all the things I have to do in relation to my husband's affairs, as well as my own, and keep the house in order - which I'm not doing very well. When people ask how I am, I tell them I'm tired and busy.

I WhatsApped my son that I had slept in far too long this morning, so was way behind with everything. His response - 'You mean your body decided that you'd been working hard enough and decided to give you some extra hours off? I applaud your body's wisdom'. I laughed out loud at that. He's frequently telling me it's ok to sleep in or have a rest during the day.

My husband and I would have celebrated 49 years of marriage towards the end of August, and I took my 3 sisters, who had been my bridesmaids, out for a meal together in a nice hotel to mark the occasion. We had a lovely time, spending a few days together, with plenty of laughter and happy memories. One of them had even found their bridesmaids' dresses, which they pinned to their fronts for photos.

Gillian

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm doing ok, thanks BookishGirl. Just struggling to keep up with all the things I have to do in relation to my husband's affairs, as well as my own, and keep the house in order - which I'm not doing very well. When people ask how I am, I tell them I'm tired and busy.

I WhatsApped my son that I had slept in far too long this morning, so was way behind with everything. His response - 'You mean your body decided that you'd been working hard enough and decided to give you some extra hours off? I applaud your body's wisdom'. I laughed out loud at that. He's frequently telling me it's ok to sleep in or have a rest during the day.

My husband and I would have celebrated 49 years of marriage towards the end of August, and I took my 3 sisters, who had been my bridesmaids, out for a meal together in a nice hotel to mark the occasion. We had a lovely time, spending a few days together, with plenty of laughter and happy memories. One of them had even found their bridesmaids' dresses, which they pinned to their fronts for photos.

Gillian
I was wondering how you were too Gillian and am glad that you seem to be coping emotionally. The time you had with your sisters sounds like fun, so I trust that it helps a bit to have light-hearted moments. Also, I hope that you manage to do the practical jobs when you can. I think your son's reply was very wise. I'm finding that I need more hours off, now that I'm older, and guess that it's something we all need. In addition, you have been through a very emotional time, so I agree with him - it's okay to rest during the day! God bless!

Upvote 0

BookishGirl

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
CA
✟346,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Gillian

Thank you for updating us. I'm glad you found a meaningful way to celebrate your anniversary. It sounds like a special time with your sisters.

It's ok to rest. The work will always be there.

Continuing in prayer, Sister.

BG

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your continued prayers, Rebornfree and BookishGirl. Just knowing you're praying for us is encouraging.
I rarely feel the need to rest during the day - I just struggle to get up in the mornings, so maybe that's my resting time!

God bless.

Gillian

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm sorry for your loss, Gillian.

I'm sorry I haven't been here. I seem to have entire days when I can't think or remember things. I've had so many problems in that department! I can seldom go anywhere because I live alone.

Gillian, I had only a few Irish ancestors(that I know of) . Matilda McNeal was born in 1815 in Northern Ireland. Her parents(Thomas and Elizabeth Finley McNeal) brought her to America when she was two and they lived in Ohio. She died in Illinois. Her daughter Elizabeth and grandson Otis (my direct line) died of tuberulosis. That must have been horrible in the nineteenth century. I remember her grandson's daughter, who was my great-grandmother. My great-grandmother was very young wher father died. Matilda's father Thomas was a weaver but took up farming in Ohio.

Musical Pilgrim you would remember me as Phoebe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry for your loss, Gillian.

I'm sorry I haven't been here. I seem to have entire days when I can't think or remember things. I've had so many problems in that department! I can seldom go anywhere because I live alone.

Gillian, I had only a few Irish ancestors(that I know of) . Matilda McNeal was born in 1815 in Northern Ireland. Her parents(Thomas and Elizabeth Finley McNeal) brought her to America when she was two and they lived in Ohio. She died in Illinois. Her daughter Elizabeth and grandson Otis (my direct line) died of tuberulosis. That must have been horrible in the nineteenth century. I remember her grandson's daughter, who was my great-grandmother. My great-grandmother was very young wher father died. Matilda's father Thomas was a weaver but took up farming in Ohio.

Musical Pilgrim you would remember me as Phoebe.

Rescued One, a lot of people in America trace their lineage to Ireland and a lot of people in my husband's family died of tb, including his grandfather, who died when my husband's father was about 2. He had emigrated to California in hopes of his health improving, but he died, sadly.

Gillian

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I should also point out that if your ancestor, Matilda McNeal, was born in 1815, she would have been born in Ireland, not in Northern Ireland - Northern Ireland as a country only came into being in June 1921.

Gillian
I think the person who supplied the information was giving us the geographical location. IDK. If her parents were from Scotland originally, I don't even have their names or places of birth, but thanks for the history lesson.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Rescued One, a lot of people in America trace their lineage to Ireland and a lot of people in my husband's family died of tb, including his grandfather, who died when my husband's father was about 2. He had emigrated to California in hopes of his health improving, but he died, sadly.

Gillian
Some of my other ancestors may have come from Ireland. My father-in-law had Kellys in his ancestry. I think I had mostly English and German with Scottish coming in third.

Some of my ancestors who married McNeals died of TB.

Upvote 0