Planet Fitness sees $400 MILLION wiped off value just five days after banning member who exposed 'trans woman' shaving in the female locker room

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Love it...
How would it work today? Would black people love it? What would LGBT people feel about the flamboyant guy saying “ The Tower, Rapunzel! “ and parading around. That movie would never get made today.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟260,862.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How would it work today? Would black people love it? What would LGBT people feel about the flamboyant guy saying “ The Tower, Rapunzel! “ and parading around. That movie would never get made today.
Ah, I see what you mean. And good lord: '"Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?" Even classics like Some Like It Hot would give producers palpitations these days.

I guess the question is, do we all accept it as par for the times and show it as a reminder of how we've moved on? Al Jolsen anyone?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah, I see what you mean. And good lord: '"Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?" Even classics like Some Like It Hot would give producers palpitations these days.

I guess the question is, do we all accept it as par for the times and show it as a reminder of how we've moved on? Al Jolsen anyone?
There was an episode of Everyone Loves Raymond where his brother went to a black bar with his police partner and had such a good time he started to act, dress and talk like a black person. You couldn’t do that today.
Gay people shouldn’t joke about coming for our children either

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟351,239.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
To the OP: IME, any time a conservative tries to draw a causal relationship between corporate wokeness and share prices, it’s safe to assume that they’re full of it. This case is no different. Planet Fitness’ stock has been performing poorly for a long time. The drop cited in the OP is a perfectly ordinary fluctuation for them.

View attachment 344534

Zoom out to 5 years and it’s even worse.
I just checked and the stock is already higher than it was (only very slightly) than it was right before this incident. Also, while the OP is making a big deal about the $400 Million, that only worked out to be a 7.5% drop, which is not that significant on the short term for the stock market.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟351,239.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
There was an episode of Everyone Loves Raymond where his brother went to a black bar with his police partner and had such a good time he started to act, dress and talk like a black person. You couldn’t do that today.
Gay people shouldn’t joke about coming for our children either
The difference being of course is that those jokes were parodying power minorities. In this case, it is the minorities making the jokes themselves by saying the claim that LGBT people are going after children is so ridiculous it's worth mocking.

• Agree
Reactions: RocksInMyHead
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟622,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is as it should be. Women complaining about men in women's spaces and sports should be banned from women's spaces and sports. That makes perfect sense, right? Men: "If you women don't want us in your spaces and sports, you're the ones that have to go". And don't forget to adhere to our newspeak rulebook".

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The difference being of course is that those jokes were parodying power minorities. In this case, it is the minorities making the jokes themselves by saying the claim that LGBT people are going after children is so ridiculous it's worth mocking.
Oh so Everyone Loves Raymond was saying the way black people act was so ridiculous it was worth mocking?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟622,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The problem with being there's so much evidence that they are actually going after our children.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟120,145.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The problem with being there's so much evidence that they are actually going after our children.
I'm a bit lost on this part. They're coming after your children to do... What exactly?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟622,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a bit lost on this part. They're coming after your children to do... What exactly?
Well let's look at one thing going on and maybe you can deduce the reason for it. Children in public schools are being given graphic LGBTQ erotica to read.

I found a great video of US Senator John Kennedy reading excerpts from some of these books, but I can't post it because what he reads out loud is too obscene for CF.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is as it should be. Women complaining about men in women's spaces and sports should be banned from women's spaces and sports. That makes perfect sense, right? Men: "If you women don't want us in your spaces and sports, you're the ones that have to go". And don't forget to adhere to our newspeak rulebook".
Tyranny of the minority

Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟120,145.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well let's look at one thing going on and maybe you can deduce the reason for it. Children in public schools are being given graphic LGBTQ erotica to read.

I found a great video of US Senator John Kennedy reading excerpts from some of these books, but I can't post it because what he reads out loud is too obscene for CF.
So... The "gays" are somehow forcing kids to read these books? At gunpoint or something? You still actually haven't answered what they are supposedly coming to do with the children. What's the aim?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟622,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So... The "gays" are somehow forcing kids to read these books? At gunpoint or something? You still actually haven't answered what they are supposedly coming to do with the children. What's the aim?
Obscene gay erotica being supplied to school children is alright as long as they're not being forced at gunpoint to read it? Is that your reasoning? I think they're obviously out to pervert the minds of children. What do you think the aim is?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟622,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
IN this case Somebody wanting attention because they are trans
"Here I am, a man, shaving in the women's locker/shower room, and I dare you to say anything against it".

Reactions: o_mlly
Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟72,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The person was dressed and at least shaving only the face.
"Only the face"? Isn't shaving one's face in a women's locker room provocative, as "in your face!"? At the circus? OK. But not at a fitness gym.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Only the face"? Isn't shaving one's face in a women's locker room provocative, as "in your face!"? At the circus? OK. But not at a fitness gym.
It’s called Face Tattoo Syndrome, doing something you know will attract attention then getting offended when people notice

Upvote 0