Toronto
✟4,334.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
I've been aware of this forum for quite a while because my Christian sister in law uses it. I held off on joining for numerous reasons but now I have decided to stop by and post some rambling.

I just spent a couple of years on several Christian forums, mostly American Evangelicals, and have come away with all kinds of new insights and opinions. Most of them are negative, but educational none the less. I'm working on an essay about my experience with these groups that I may have published and thought I would share my thoughts here over a series of posts to see what people think. Because this forum is pretty diverse I am hoping to get some diverse opinions as well.

About me:

I'm an Orthodox Jew
I'm a widow (yes at 27 years old)
I was born in Israel, raised in Ireland
I work as a multimedia editor
I was once a professional model
I was married to a Christian husband (I don't recommend interfaith marriages)

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I've been aware of this forum for quite a while because my Christian sister in law uses it. I held off on joining for numerous reasons but now I have decided to stop by and post some rambling.

I just spent a couple of years on several Christian forums, mostly American Evangelicals, and have come away with all kinds of new insights and opinions. Most of them are negative, but educational none the less. I'm working on an essay about my experience with these groups that I may have published and thought I would share my thoughts here over a series of posts to see what people think. Because this forum is pretty diverse I am hoping to get some diverse opinions as well.

About me:

I'm an Orthodox Jew
Welcome! We hope to see you around. :)

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟172,731.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to CF. Judaism even in the end of the earth is not unnamed.I have ever been a member of Kehillat Beijing(reformed Judaism) .But for the policy of Chinese government , I can not take part in it any longer.

Reactions: isalison20.6
Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟67,047.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

• Love
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟700,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

About me:

I'm an Orthodox Jew

It's nice to meet you.

I am an American born former Muslim, converted Christian. This is my second marriage, and my current husband is Christian.

• Friendly
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟108,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

About me:

I'm an Orthodox Jew
Welcome to the forum. It is cool that you were raised in Ireland after moving out of Israel. The Irish are pretty cool folks.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,733,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

About me:

I'm an Orthodox Jew
Welcome! I look forward to your contributions. :wave:

• Agree
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟876,594.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

About me:

I'm an Orthodox Jew
Welcome! :wave:

Upvote 0

Slibhin

Apr 8, 2024
Toronto
✟4,334.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
I appreciate the well wishes. I noticed there are very few religious Jews here so I am hoping I can lend something productive to the community and always welcome any questions about the Torah, the Talmud or Judaism in general.

A little more about me:
- I am 27.
- I was widowed almost 3 years ago.
- I have a degree in multimedia and work as an editor and also do design work.
- I am a professional model and have been to many countries because of this career, including Japan, Korea, Finland, Sweden, the USA, Norway, Germany, Canada (where I currently live), Italy, the UK.
- I was born in Israel and raised in Ireland.
- I've been an Orthodox Jew (or modern Orthodox, whatever that means) my whole life.

My likes:
- I love animals, especially guinea pigs and capybaras.
- I love clothes and have piles I have never even gotten around to wearing.
- I like movies, especially horror and mystery.
- My favourite music genres are rock, metal and classical.
- I like theater. My favourite plays are Wicked and Rent.
- I love Reading, usually about the Torah or Jewish history but other subjects also.

My dislikes:
- Animal cruelty.
- Cruelty to children.
- "Messianic" Jews/Jews for Jesus types.
- Racists and assorted bigots.
- People who can't be bothered to look things up.
- Ignorance in general.
- Christian Zionists.
- The MAGA cult.
- Anti-science/anti-vaxxers.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,733,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I appreciate the well wishes. I noticed there are very few religious Jews here so I am hoping I can lend something productive to the community and always welcome any questions about the Torah, the Talmud or Judaism in general.

A little more about me:
- I am 27.
- I am a professional model and have been to many countries because of this career, including Japan, Korea, Finland, Sweden, the USA, Norway, Germany, Canada (where I currently live), Italy, the UK.
- I've been an Orthodox Jew (or modern Orthodox, whatever that means) my whole life.

My likes:
- I love Reading, usually about the Torah or Jewish history but other subjects also.

My dislikes:
- Animal cruelty.
- Cruelty to children.
- Ignorance in general.
- Christian Zionists.
- The MAGA cult.
Again, welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,400.00
Faith
Pentecostal

A little more about me:
- I am 27.

My likes:

My dislikes:
- Animal cruelty.
- Cruelty to children.
- Ignorance in general.
- Christian Zionists.
- The MAGA cult.
Welcome and prepare to learn to love here for many of of those dislikes are here. God's people are a messy bunch. Don't take anything personally although that's hard to do. Remember this is a discussion forum where people will argue against the things you stand for and you'll argue against the things they stand for. Good luck!

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MeekOne

Meek is not weak
Oct 8, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Visit site
✟61,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

A little more about me:
- I am 27.

My likes:

My dislikes:
- Animal cruelty.
- Cruelty to children.
- Ignorance in general.
- Christian Zionists.
- The MAGA cult.
Welcome to the Christian Forum :wave:

Having said that, you know that at least one of your dislikes will be challenged for you to believe something more than you already do. I don't think you would be here if you didn't want to learn more about God. If you weren't open to it, why would you join a Christian Forum? I truly do say this in love for the Jewish folks who are truly loved by the Lord, Jesus Christ.

I will post some Scripture here for your mind to dwell on, and if you would like to delve some more, I would welcome your friendship.

Scripture says that the Jewish are heirs of God, but they need to become Christians through Christ as they are heirs, but will not partake in salvation, unless it's within Christ.

By Paul the Apostle:
Ephesians 3:4-6
In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

John 5:39-40
You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.

Jesus was also Jewish, and He was speaking to the Jewish folks there at the end. The Jewish are a select people, but unless they believe in Christ, they will not go to Heaven to be with God. Only through Christ this can happen.

Christ is spoken of many times in the first five books of the Bible, this is the Torah, the Scriptures, Christ was speaking of in the beginning there.

See: Jesus in every book of the Bible

My favorite is:
2 Samuel 14:14
 Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But that is not what God desires; rather, He devises ways so that a banished person does not remain banished from Him.

If you would like to learn more about Christianity, I would be happy to chat more. If not, it would be good to know why you may be here, not that I am not glad you are, just a little confused.

If it's to try to turn Christians to Judaism, your really not going to be allowed to do that here. However, if you understand that something you said about "Evangelical Christianity and antisemitism go together like peanut butter and jelly, so I am quite used to it." sounds very defensive already. Many Christians stand with the Jewish people of Israel, so please do not put is all in that one PBJ sandwich.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Slibhin

Apr 8, 2024
Toronto
✟4,334.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed

Having said that, you know that at least one of your dislikes will be challenged for you to believe something more than you already do. I don't think you would be here if you didn't want to learn more about God. If you weren't open to it, why would you join a Christian Forum? I truly do say this in love for the Jewish folks who are truly loved by the Lord, Jesus Christ.

I will post some Scripture here for your mind to dwell on, and if you would like to delve some more, I would welcome your friendship.

Scripture says that the Jewish are heirs of God, but they need to become Christians through Christ as they are heirs, but will not partake in salvation, unless it's within Christ.

By Paul the Apostle:
In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.

Jesus was also Jewish, and He was speaking to the Jewish folks there at the end. The Jewish are a select people, but unless they believe in Christ, they will not go to Heaven to be with God. Only through Christ this can happen.

Christ is spoken of many times in the first five books of the Bible, this is the Torah, the Scriptures, Christ was speaking of in the beginning there.

My favorite is:
 Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But that is not what God desires; rather, He devises ways so that a banished person does not remain banished from Him.

If you would like to learn more about Christianity, I would be happy to chat more. If not, it would be good to know why you may be here, not that I am not glad you are, just a little confused.

If it's to try to turn Christians to Judaism, your really not going to be allowed to do that here. However, if you understand that something you said about "Evangelical Christianity and antisemitism go together like peanut butter and jelly, so I am quite used to it." sounds very defensive already. Many Christians stand with the Jewish people of Israel, so please do not put is all in that one PBJ sandwich.

By Paul the Apostle:

My favorite is:

While generally I would be happy to discuss the subject with you, I have been informed that I am not allowed and am to essentially just shut up and listen (paraphrasing): Why don't Jews believe in Jesus

I'm not about to shut up and listen so any interest I had in this discussion has been nixed by the administration. I guess it isn't a ministry anymore.

Just so you know Jews don't believe you have to be Jewish to go to heaven, and we don't seek converts or evangelize. Therefore I have no desire or motivation to try to convert anyone.

Upvote 0

MeekOne

Meek is not weak
Oct 8, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Visit site
✟61,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
While generally I would be happy to discuss the subject with you, I have been informed that I am not allowed and am to essentially just shut up and listen (paraphrasing): Why don't Jews believe in Jesus

I'm not about to shut up and listen so any interest I had in this discussion has been nixed by the administration. I guess it isn't a ministry anymore.

Just so you know Jews don't believe you have to be Jewish to go to heaven, and we don't seek converts or evangelize. Therefore I have no desire or motivation to try to convert anyone.
Do you have any desire to go to Heaven when you die?

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟124,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

About me:

I'm an Orthodox Jew
What is an Orthodox Jew, if you don't mind me asking?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.