✟20,802.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
gluadys said:
Thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Again AiG affirms mutations as the source of new alleles.

And everyone is comfortable with that?

I only asked because I have never heard a creationist assert a positive role for mutations before, and here is AIG saying they're perfectly ok with over 400 mutations in a single gene in less than 4000 years. That's one every 10 years. And that's only one gene.

I wonder how that stacks up against measured mutation rates?
Mutations happen, even ones that may atleast appear to be benefital. The major factor though is that mutations don't add new types of information that bring on new types of animals, even if given millions of years.

P.S. Does Theistic evolution fall into the catagory meant for this forum? I don't believe that is what was intended but I'm contacting Erwin on this.

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
Project 86 said:
P.S. Does Theistic evolution fall into the catagory meant for this forum? I don't believe that is what was intended but I'm contacting Erwin on this.

As I understood the rules TEs may post as long as they don't debate. I was asking for a clarification on something I didn't understand from a creationist perspective.

I believe that's allowable, but let Erwin make the judgment call.

I'm satisfied with the answers I received and have no need to continue the conversation.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[bible]Proverbs 3:5[/bible]

I often try to remember this verse when I find something that I simply do not understand. I don't believe humans are meant to understand every thing on this earth. We don't have enough knowledge to do so. However, when we get to Heaven, God will answer any and all questions we have. :D

Upvote 0

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟20,802.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
gluadys said:
As I understood the rules TEs may post as long as they don't debate. I was asking for a clarification on something I didn't understand from a creationist perspective.

I believe that's allowable, but let Erwin make the judgment call.

I'm satisfied with the answers I received and have no need to continue the conversation.
Ok, just checking. I thought maybe you were using the "Columbo" tactic in debating. ;)

Upvote 0

PotLuck

May 5, 2002
Visit site
✟408.00
Faith
Christian
Just a thought and could very well be off in left field somewhere...
If I have the maximum amount of info in a single pair as I can "pack" into it then would the loss of information be logrithmic and not necessarily a linear function?
I'm wondering about the rate of speciation. Does it have to be linear?

Upvote 0

PotLuck

May 5, 2002
Visit site
✟408.00
Faith
Christian
I realize some paths lead to dead ends but asking a question, collecting the results and finding a dead end is part of investigative process.
That being said...
Was the climate much different after the waters receded as it is today in regard to stability? Were there sudden changes in climate afterwards and could that figure into the speciation process?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.