My fiance and I are engaged to be married in October. About a month and a half ago he lost his job due to layoffs...and has since applied to about 40 jobs, and has gotten no phone calls, even after calling many places two and three times....He has sunken into a deep depression, and I don't know what to do to help him, he's irritable and moody and so down on himself, and I am afraid that he is going to start thinking thoughts of suicide...he feels as if he is not providing and will not be a good husband. Does anyone have any advice/ideas, besides going on medication?

I try to encourage him all of the time. I have read that it isn't good to try to 'cheer' someone that is that depressed up, because it only makes them feel worse. It kind of puts me between a rock and a hard place...his being so down starts to bring me down, and I know I cannot be like that... :help:

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Affirm him in as many ways as possible. Get him involved in one of the ministries at church, and that will help him fill his time productively and faithfully. He might be spending too much time dwelling on his idleness, and not enough on accepting the sovernty of the Lord. If he is laid off right now, God is allowing and has a reason, a reason that is good, not bad.

Getting involved with ministries will help.

Upvote 0