Atomic Space Someplace
✟9,950.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hi,not lookin for advice just wondering how many forum users have used melatonin now for sleep help with themselves or their kids.what milligram do you use and etc. started using this for my sons sleep aide and have been able to get him off rx drug for his sleep/disability. I'm doing 6 mg's 4 hours before bedtime,then another 3 mg at bedtime,he stays put 7 hours.

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You don't say how old your child is but I assume they are young. You say the problem is sleep/disability. He can not sleep because of a disability?? Have all other avenues been looked into as to why he is not sleeping?? I am glad you have gotten him off of the rx drugs but I would hesitate using melatonin as a permanant fix. Have you discussed this with your doctor?
I have used melatonin as a sleep aid and just took the recommended dosage. I did not see much improvement so I do not use it, it works better for some people then others.

Upvote 0

charvel

recycled boyscout
Oct 4, 2005
Portland,Oregon
✟2,097.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
In Relationship
I use between 8-12 mil.of Melatonin myself.I use it nightly due to travel and being on the road,different places.It is unique in the sense that it relaxes without any form of side effect.I believe my mom has my sister on it,she is 14 and has a brain impairment from birth.5 months on it, and now off any type of sleep aide.Please email me.I can give you her addy,she would be great to speak to about this natural drug.She weighs the cost of what my sis was taking at $245 a month,down to $21 a month with Melatonin.It's an amazing thing. Sounds like it is working as well.

Upvote 0